The all new 'What's it worth' thread

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
What is the going price for 2x128mb and 1x64mb Simms for a cps3 setup. I'm assuming there is no compatible ram besides the official ones correct?

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I've been out of the CPS2 market, but I'm looking for price tips on the following b-boards:

- Super Street Fighter II:Turbo (Blue) original board that has been phoenixed.

- Vampire Savour (Blue) original battery

- Progear (Green) phoenix conversion

Cases and PCB's all in top shape.

system11

Shmups Overlord, ,
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Could someone give me guide prices for the following please?

Last Hope Pink Bullets MVS LE
Fast Striker MVS LE
Gunlord MVS LE
Razion MVS LE

All are mint original releases, Gunlord and Razion I definitely have everything that came with them. Fast Striker and Last Hope I've certainly got the posters and OST in addition to the shockbox contents.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
Could someone give me guide prices for the following please?

Last Hope Pink Bullets MVS LE
Fast Striker MVS LE
Gunlord MVS LE
Razion MVS LE

All are mint original releases, Gunlord and Razion I definitely have everything that came with them. Fast Striker and Last Hope I've certainly got the posters and OST in addition to the shockbox contents.

You're up late system_sex pal... Insomnia?

Anyway, SOMEONE help mister schmups sexxor guy please:D

xROTx

PS. Nearly 3am in UK... it's getting to the stage where some perscription drugs might be needed in the near future...

system11

Shmups Overlord, ,
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
PS. Nearly 3am in UK... it's getting to the stage where some perscription drugs might be needed in the near future...

Already have some, unfortunately landlord visit tomorrow and still tidying ....

nesboy43

n00b
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I got the system and it is great. Screen looks fantastic, good sound, and buttons/joystick feel perfect. All the slots seem to work too. I'm enjoying my first arcade cabinet. Any tips for a newcomer?

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Well I got the system and it is great. Screen looks fantastic, good sound, and buttons/joystick feel perfect. All the slots seem to work too. I'm enjoying my first arcade cabinet. Any tips for a newcomer?

Be patient. Prices fluctuate a lot, so if something you have your heart set on is expensive now, it might not be forever.

Have fun and good luck!

nesboy43

n00b
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spent the morning calibrating my monitor, looks perfect now, thankfully I didn't get zapped. Unfortunately my marquee section is locked. Eventually I want to get that Marquee and Coin Slot lights functioning again. Any advice?

Be patient. Prices fluctuate a lot, so if something you have your heart set on is expensive now, it might not be forever.

Have fun and good luck!

Thanks, I will keep this in mind.

HeartlessNinny

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I spent the morning calibrating my monitor, looks perfect now, thankfully I didn't get zapped. Unfortunately my marquee section is locked. Eventually I want to get that Marquee and Coin Slot lights functioning again. Any advice?

Well, my knowledge is all frightfully out of date, but if your big red is similar to mine, you might not want to actually get the marquee lights running. Mine all work fine, but when they're lit up they make a really high pitched noise that I find incredibly irritating. It took me a while to figure out what it was (actually, I never really did myself -- it was on these forums that someone told me what it was).

I also remember that back in the day (this is like 10 years ago), someone was selling replacement lights for the marquees. I have no idea if that's a thing anymore though. All I can say is it was a thread in the technical support forum. So, uh... good luck.

HeartlessNinny

Rating - 100%
24   0   0

Well, my knowledge is all frightfully out of date, but if your big red is similar to mine, you might not want to actually get the marquee lights running. Mine all work fine, but when they're lit up they make a really high pitched noise that I find incredibly irritating. It took me a while to figure out what it was (actually, I never really did myself -- it was on these forums that someone told me what it was).

I also remember that back in the day (this is like 10 years ago), someone was selling replacement lights for the marquees. I have no idea if that's a thing anymore though. All I can say is it was a thread in the technical support forum. So, uh... good luck.

Yamazaki

Baseball Star Hitter
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Magical Drop II - mint AES

what should I be ready to pay for a legit copy?

XeD

Super Sidekicks 2
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
What are Super dodge ball going for these day.
Ps. Is anyone else having problem using the thread search tool?

Last edited:

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
whaaaaa.... that much? I think I sold mine a few years ago for 150 or 175. Cool game, but just too damn hard for my liking.

If I could find one for under $200 now, I'd snap it up in a heartbeat. I'll make do with the CD version ($30) for now.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I've been out of the CPS2 market, but I'm looking for price tips on the following b-boards:

- Super Street Fighter II:Turbo (Blue) original board that has been phoenixed.

- Vampire Savour (Blue) original battery

- Progear (Green) phoenix conversion

Cases and PCB's all in top shape.

Bump w/ pics!

Someone correct me if I'm way off base, but here's what I was thinking:

SSF2:Turbo phoenixed original - $350
dWpluz7.jpg

s163psB.jpg

Vampire Savoir w/ keystone battery holder - $250
znden.jpg

v8xk98H.jpg

Progear conversion/phoenixed - $160
XlAa7JN.jpg

r2ahUgN.jpg

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
What's my riding hero AES proto/beta/pre-release worth? the SNK eproms with the red stamp on the white label of each chip and all that good stuff. Meg count is different on the label than final release. Game only plays in english, even on a Japanese bios. Final race is vs Takanaka instead of Diamond dave. if I recall the game won't link up with a final release cart, but could be wrong on that.

I'm serious, guys. I may part with it soon.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
One, no make that two, human souls. May as well get the first born child while you're at it.

Last one I passed up was ¥88,000 in a shop in Akihabara, but that was easily a decade ago. Life's gone downhill since then.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
461   0   0
TSS AES - $950-1,100. I got mine for less from nin-nin-game less than a year ago. Last auction went for $1,050-ish on ebay.
Vampire Savior CPS2 on battery - $175 (can be had for that price (before shipping) from Tops). I think I sold mine here for $140 a few months back.
Pro Gear Conversion - $120-150 (any conversion, regardless of game that it was converted to is the cost of a clean shell and pcb's and a few minutes for time. A very clean board with nice repro sticker can make it closer to the $150 number)
Viewpoint MVS - $175 (STV...arcade_tower; bought out Tops and G-Front and has been selling them for $400 in ebay and yes, some goofs have paid that, but actual forum and auction sales are less than half that.)

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
TSS AES - $950-1,100. I got mine for less from nin-nin-game less than a year ago. Last auction went for $1,050-ish on ebay.
Vampire Savior CPS2 on battery - $175 (can be had for that price (before shipping) from Tops). I think I sold mine here for $140 a few months back.
Pro Gear Conversion - $120-150 (any conversion, regardless of game that it was converted to is the cost of a clean shell and pcb's and a few minutes for time. A very clean board with nice repro sticker can make it closer to the $150 number)
Viewpoint MVS - $175 (STV...arcade_tower; bought out Tops and G-Front and has been selling them for $400 in ebay and yes, some goofs have paid that, but actual forum and auction sales are less than half that.)

Nice, might pick up a TSS then. :)

Any ideo on my Riding hero? I'll have to dig through some boxes to find it.