The best groove in Capcom vs. SNK 2!!

Yuri-chan

Armored Scrum Object
What's the best groove in Capcom vs. SNK 2 in your opinion? I really like the P-groove the most because you can charge up your super meter and use a level 3 super combo instantly; I think it's super effective. I like the K-groove too but it's only a limited time you can perform your super attack and you have less moves too. Other ones I like are the C-groove and N-groove. :)

Well, an when you think about it C-groove really is Capcom's traditional groove, A-groove is more like V-ISM of Street Fighter Alpha 3, P-groove is like Street Fighter 3:3rd Strike where you charge up to max once and you can unleash your ultimate attack. In SNK's side; S-groove is SNK's tradtional extra gauge found in KOF '95 or KOF '96, N-groove is the advanced gauge system like in King of Fighters '98, and K-groove is like Samurai Spirits (Shodown). I think grooves from both sides balance out pretty well overall. :) What I find hard to do in Capcom vs. SNK 2 is parry; it was so easy to do in Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike!!

So whats your favorite?? ;)

zorro

Galford's Poppy Trainer
I like k-groove the best because it's very good for deflecting attacks, but unlike p-groove it's relatively simple to use. Much easier than p-groove anyway.

I also like a-groove 2nd best.

3rd is c-groove, because you can do some killer combos with that connecting two supers.

zorro

Galford's Poppy Trainer
in k-groove you can air-parry easily. Infact it's one of my favorite things to do

seba_boi

Terry Bogard's Taylor
zorro said:
in k-groove you can air-parry easily. Infact it's one of my favorite things to do
Yeah, but you don't have a roll...

zorro

Galford's Poppy Trainer
that's true, so you usually have to use agrresive characters or make good use of the dash technique. But usually in k-groove I use kyo, blanka, iori, or other aggresive people. You just need to switch up the play style a bit if you get cornered.

seba_boi

Terry Bogard's Taylor
zorro said:
that's true, so you usually have to use agrresive characters or make good use of the dash technique. But usually in k-groove I use kyo, blanka, iori, or other aggresive people. You just need to switch up the play style a bit if you get cornered.
As far as aggressiveness go, I use Maki, Ken, Yun, or Chun-li for that... They can be quick, up close, and in-your-face when you want them to be... The roll and air block can be a great asset when jumping or moving close to the opponent... (Well, good thing Maki can run... good for confusing the enemy too)...

For long distance fights, I like the S-Groove... I use Athena, King, or Kyosuke for these kind of fights... (although 90% of the time, I use C-Groove... cuz of three levels of power... Plus, I love using Kyosuke's "Final Grade Remix" combo unto my enemies!)

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
N Groove all the way, baby. I pick K Groove only if I'm playing a R4, but still, no roll kinda kills that groove.

SilverWolf

Tarma's Gun Polisher
I like C, A, and N groove. K and P grooves are hard to get used to because if you mess up, you'll get severely punished. It requires the most time out of all the grooves I think. C is great for beginners...simple and effective. A is the funnest groove for me! I'm still getting used to it though. Once your in custom combo mode, the controls become extremely sensitive! N is good too. Although I've always had trouble doing "small jumps!" Even in KOF! Maybe it's because of the PS2 controller but I doubt it.

GENOCIDE CUTTER '94

Ukyo's Doctor
can't remember which letter does what as I havn't played that game in months, so I'll simpley say, 'the one that's like kof97/98 but not quite as good':D

xFinnPetersx

Crazed MVS Addict
the Reset button groove.

obviously this thread is too dead to make such a pointless joke but... i did.

i kinda stick to c-groove, but p-groove is pretty useful too. i can't tell you much more because every time i think about that game i think of the huge waste of time/potential it is and it makes me sad. capcom done done it again.

end of obvious post,
xFPx