The Healthy Food Thread

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
To the health nuts out there.

What are you eating?

I'll start:

For breakfast/lunch I've been stuck on overnight oatmeal. There are many different recipes, but this is the one I make the most. Which I received from a 45 year old marathon runner.

1. Get a cup with a lid.
2. 1 cup rolled oats -- or for killer recipe Bobs Rolled Oats Muesli version.
Link: https://www.bobsredmill.com/old-country-style-muesli.html

3. barely less than a cup of milk, but will change depending on how thicc you like it. I personally use Coconut milk cause it lasts longer.
4. A few spoon fulls of greek yogurt. I like Siggis, but the key is the smallest amount of sugar possible.
5. Cinnamon - A generous amount.
6. Frozen blueberries.
7. Walnuts - crush some in your hand.
8. About 1/2 oz Chia seeds.
9. Natural Honey - Just a small amount to taste.

Basically you put it all in a cup, and shake it up. 5 hours later it's done. Can sit out at work for hours and still be good. Taste much better than it sounds. Best part is that all the ingredients stay good for a very long time. Also, after being made, will easily last 2 days in fridge. I've ate it 3 days later, but not as good.

One the rare occasion I get tired of the overnight oats, I will do this.

1. One avocado halved.
2. Smoked Salmon.
3. Hot sauce.

Stuff the avocado in each side where the seed is removed from, and drizzle some hot sauce on it.

Probably gross to most, but I love avocados, even plain.

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Beer for breakfast, Beer for lunch and fuckin BEER for dinner! I feel great!

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I'm not convinced smoked salmon or avocado are particularly healthy.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Beer for breakfast, Beer for lunch and fuckin BEER for dinner! I feel great!

bacon for breakfast, bacon for lunch, and I usually drink my dinner

But for real ; kimchi jigae. Basically kimchi stew. Healthy AF and it'll clean you right out

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I eat healthy enough but don't adhere to a specific protocol. Fruit and veg with occasional meat. Next to no wheat intake.
Not quitting meat any time soon, it's not feasible. But I will say that some vegan burgers I have tasted over the past few years have been amazing, much tastier than meat one's. Nothing about the thing tried to taste like meat. Maybe some day should open up a vegan fast food place, not for health or animal rights, just for taste

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I'm not convinced smoked salmon or avocado are particularly healthy.

smoked salmon is lousy with sodium. I still eat it but yeah I don't think its all that healthy

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
smoked salmon is lousy with sodium. I still eat it but yeah I don't think its all that healthy

Yeah, on top of being smoked. Which smoked foods in general are probably not healthy for you.

One cup of smoked salmon is like 45% your daily sodium intake. The recipe I use is probably only 2 tablespoons or even less. So the amount is almost insignificant. Plus I have low blood pressure in general, and never put salt on anything. So I probably need it.

Stil beats the hell out of anything from McDonalds.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I think beer is a healthy food, no?