The Jigen Memorial MVS Label List Project - Beta Rollout

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
Joined
Apr 15, 2002
Posts
24,310
I've got quite a few of those, but my camcorder isn't the best at making pics.

Is somewhat grainy pics okay?
 

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Joined
Aug 19, 2000
Posts
2,836
I should be able to get you World Heroes 2 & Magical Drop 2 Japanese label scans within a couple days having finally found the scanner's install CD.*

Power Spikes II by the way is like Big Tournament Golf where the Japanese label is written in English: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3945&item=6125413395&rd=1



*edit: unless my photographs are good enough for you as they are:

http://castleofcollectibles.com/throne/mvs/mvs-md2k-2.jpg
http://castleofcollectibles.com/throne/mvs/mvs-wh2k-2.jpg
 
Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
Staff member
Joined
Aug 20, 2000
Posts
60,181
Neo Bomber Man said:
I should be able to get you World Heroes 2 & Magical Drop 2 Japanese label scans within a couple days having finally found the scanner's install CD.*

Power Spikes II by the way is like Big Tournament Golf where the Japanese label is written in English: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3945&item=6125413395&rd=1



*edit: unless my photographs are good enough for you as they are:

http://castleofcollectibles.com/throne/mvs/mvs-md2k-2.jpg
http://castleofcollectibles.com/throne/mvs/mvs-wh2k-2.jpg


Though I did just look at the art shown in the cart pics section, its english, is the art double sided or something else?
 

Briggs

I'm getting too old for this shit...,
Joined
Oct 30, 2001
Posts
2,275

Briggs

I'm getting too old for this shit...,
Joined
Oct 30, 2001
Posts
2,275
... and where do I put Euro labels? Are there enough to warrant yet another column?

Thanks for all the new additions - other than FHD, they have been put up and your names have been added to the list of contributors.

Keep 'em comin'
 

Briggs

I'm getting too old for this shit...,
Joined
Oct 30, 2001
Posts
2,275
If they are not on the list as of right now, I need them. Everything has been updated except for Fighters History Dynamite, and a bunch that RevQuixo sent me a long time ago that I apparently lost.
 

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
Staff member
Joined
Aug 20, 2000
Posts
60,181
As for a Euro section I'm not sure, I know that there is an Aero Fighters 3 label, but the Euro one is Sonic Wings 3, maybe vice versa.

But other games like Puzzle Bobble the Euro and Japan labels are the same.

For the most part I think there are very few games that have Euro games and I would bet that those that do don't have Korean labels so maybe for when they do just changed the Korean label section to a Euro label.
 

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Joined
Aug 19, 2000
Posts
2,836
lithy said:
Though I did just look at the art shown in the cart pics section, its english, is the art double sided or something else?

I presume you mean Power Spikes II? I looked on eBay as well as the kit pics here now, and I suppose PSII has the same label for Japanese & English versions. The Jp label definitely has English writing on it.

So Briggs, perhaps just use the picture for both versions? Unless someone can disprove this theory.
 

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
Staff member
Joined
Aug 20, 2000
Posts
60,181
Neo Bomber Man said:
I presume you mean Power Spikes II? I looked on eBay as well as the kit pics here now, and I suppose PSII has the same label for Japanese & English versions. The Jp label definitely has English writing on it.

So Briggs, perhaps just use the picture for both versions? Unless someone can disprove this theory.

Has anyone seen an English kit box though?

the one here and arcadeshock are japanese
 

firebomber

Astra Superstar
Joined
Apr 2, 2002
Posts
668
Briggs said:
... and where do I put Euro labels? Are there enough to warrant yet another column?

Thanks for all the new additions - other than FHD, they have been put up and your names have been added to the list of contributors.

Keep 'em comin'
I don't know how many carts have different Euro labels but I assume it's very few. Probably not enough to warrant another column but maybe make a page for just euro labels so they are catalouged.
 

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
Joined
Dec 14, 2001
Posts
7,419
Would a snapshot suffice? I have two that you're missing. If I scan these,do we just place the MVS cart label down onto the scanner with the door up or do we just cover with dark plastic tarp.
It was a great idea and glad to see how fast it's come along.
Much respect to Jigen!
-BB
 

Division

Crossed Swords Squire
Joined
Jul 20, 2004
Posts
191
Samurai Spirits Zero Special Label:

ssvslabel.jpg
 

gemen

Mickey's Coach
Joined
Feb 24, 2002
Posts
598
life is what, my friend, NG will be with me. Hope you look at us.
 

Briggs

I'm getting too old for this shit...,
Joined
Oct 30, 2001
Posts
2,275
BIG BEAR said:
Would a snapshot suffice? I have two that you're missing. If I scan these,do we just place the MVS cart label down onto the scanner with the door up or do we just cover with dark plastic tarp.
It was a great idea and glad to see how fast it's come along.
Much respect to Jigen!
-BB

Don't know if I would call a year and a half fast, but thanks.

I think just scanning face down is fine. You probably don't need to worry about covering the scanner. 100% @ 200dpi or so and I can crop from there.

Thanks!
 

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
Joined
Nov 29, 2001
Posts
8,335
Brilliant work Briggs, I think the whole community is wrapped that this has come together
:glee:
 

Kpj

Larfleeze, Wielder of the Orange Light. , formerly
Joined
Sep 7, 2001
Posts
1,809
I have a World Heroes Perfect & a Pleasure Goal US label.

I also have a nice WW7 shot if needed.

Kpj
 

Division

Crossed Swords Squire
Joined
Jul 20, 2004
Posts
191
Made a little pic for ya to put on the page up top if ya want to use it. Yea...I'm bored. :buttrock:

hardmvslabel.jpg
 

Kpj

Larfleeze, Wielder of the Orange Light. , formerly
Joined
Sep 7, 2001
Posts
1,809
I almost forgot....

I have a Fight Fever too!

LMK what you need since many have popped up after making your wanted list.

Kpj
 

Briggs

I'm getting too old for this shit...,
Joined
Oct 30, 2001
Posts
2,275
If it is not on the list now or posted in this thread, I don't have it.

Thanks & Keep up the contributions!
 
Top