The Ninja Gaiden 2 (NES) soundtrack is righteous!

Dio Brando

Mickey's Coach
I recently downloaded the album, and I can easily say it is one of the best soundtracks on the NES. Do yourself a favor and listen to it (or play the game for that matter).:buttrock:

On another note, what are your favorite old gaming soundtracks?

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Ys games have pretty good soundtracks. That's the only good thing about games like Ys 1&2.

I'm not crazy about Ninja Gaiden music, quite frankly. There are some people that devote web sites to that game. Don't get it.

In terms of old school chip-tune games, Sonic 1 and 2 have amazing soundtracks. EWJ1 and 2 is pretty cool. Of course, Castlevania games are amazing no matter what version you play.

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
Ys games have pretty good soundtracks. That's the only good thing about games like Ys 1&2.

I'm not crazy about Ninja Gaiden music, quite frankly. There are some people that devote web sites to that game. Don't get it.

In terms of old school chip-tune games, Sonic 1 and 2 have amazing soundtracks. EWJ1 and 2 is pretty cool. Of course, Castlevania games are amazing no matter what version you play.

Two thirds of this post were, I suspect, submitted for the sole purpose of annoying me.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member

Ys I & II are both awesome games, the soundtrack just makes them better.

I actually enjoy Ninja Gaiden I & III's soundtracks better than II. Especially Ninja Gaiden I.

But I do agree with Sonic I & II's music being amazing, one of my favorite game tracks of all time is in Sonic 2: the two-player mine level. Gives me the chills everytime I hear it, it's so damn good.

Deuce

All of the Ninja Gaiden (NES and the 3D) games have good music.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
The OSTs for Ninja Gaiden and Ninja Gaiden II for the NES were balls out awesome. Some of the best game music to ever come out of the 8 bit era, period.

I think Ninja Gaiden III's OST was competent, but not nearly as tight as the previous two.

The OSTs for the next gen iterations of Ninja Gaiden for Xbox and 360 are great, too.

And Ninja Gaiden as a series deserves every accolade it gets. One of the great franchises. Always challenging, always fun.

Only the anime was bad.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Love the Shinobi series as well. Especially the original in the arcade.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Love the Shinobi series as well. Especially the original in the arcade.

+1

I was SOOOO happy to see them include it on the recent Sega collection for PS3. Too bad they had to change the colors for Spiderman and Batman.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Why did you have to mention that awful thing?

Because it is like the nasty, drunk uncle at parties that you'd rather not acknowledge but are forced to include in all the family gatherings.

Lovergoat

, KING of GOATs, Greatest of all time...
I haven't thought about the music in this in a long time. Has to have been ten years since I played it. After seeing this thread I couldn't resist having a crack at a Ninja Gaiden 2 remix of some description. Just put it on the old myspace too, tune's called No End to the Darkness.

Click on No End to the Darkness ignore the other old crap

Deuce

"No End Darkness." *shakes fist*

Lit. translated, "Unending Darkness."

Lovergoat

"No End Darkness." *shakes fist*

Lit. translated, "Unending Darkness."

Oooooh! Unending Darkness sounds way cooler. Might have to re-upload just so I can change the name. :D

Deuce

If you like, you could also use "Darkness Unending" or "Darkness Without End."

And did you base this off of a MIDI file, by any chance? :eye: :eye:

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
10300.jpg

Lovergoat

If you like, you could also use "Darkness Unending" or "Darkness Without End."

And did you base this off of a MIDI file, by any chance? :eye: :eye:

Yeah the bass and the harmony anyway, the bass was pretty heavily modified with velocity and note length, added a few extra notes to the bass here and there too. I just kept the harmony as it was in terms or gate length and velocity, just made some bright synth patches for those(a Jafaican Hammond organ and a harp-ish-esq-kinda thing).

Deuce

Most of the NES NG midis out there were done by me, long ago. Just wondering. :)

Dio Brando

Mickey's Coach
Is that the jap cover for ninja gaiden II? I think I prefer the us cover.
nes%20ninja%20gaiden2.jpg

I love how it proudly states it is hard to beat!

I agree that the Sonic series has some pretty good music too. At least, before it turned 3d.:oh_no:

Contra and Jackal both have some really catchy tunes as well.

As for the SNES, Act Raiser has a wonderful soundtrack. There's an orchestrated album of the music, and it comes out beautifully.

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
Most of the NES NG midis out there were done by me, long ago. Just wondering. :)

:eek::eek::eek:

The Masked Devil midi is one of my all time faves! Dude, your version is kick ass! Been enjoying it for years.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Is that the jap cover for ninja gaiden II? I think I prefer the us cover.

What I put up is the poster for the Ninja Ryukenden anime.

Ninja Ryukenden was, by the by, the Japanese name for the NES series. So the anime is 'based' off of that.

Deuce

:eek::eek::eek:

The Masked Devil midi is one of my all time faves! Dude, your version is kick ass! Been enjoying it for years.

Thanks. :D

Also, if anyone is interested in the 3D Ninja Gaiden soundtracks, go here.