This site has changed, where the politics at?

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
Not even two months from election day, and I don't see any political topics.

Did I miss something while I was gone? Are we all on the same page now, and thus, no need for argumentative political topics?

Are we a completely homogenous website now? Hivemind and all that.

If so, I'm down.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
for whatever its worth, gary johnson gets my vote. I really didn't think anyone could get my vote away from obama. Its funny what laying out your plan in full can do.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
disenchanted Americana.

Mitt Romney doesn't care about me either so I guess I'll vote for the other guy.

Poor dork doesn't know when to not say dumb things

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
I think It's a better place with out all the political mumbo jumbo.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
There are no activities in “modern” life which are not futile, save perhaps those that aim at satisfying one’s body’s hunger: growing rice; growing wheat; gathering chestnuts from the woods or potatoes from one’s garden. And the one and only sensible policy can but be to let things take their course and to await the coming Destroyer, destined to clear the ground for the building of a new “Age of Truth”: the One Whom the Hindus name Kalki and hail as the tenth and last Incarnation of Vishnu; the Destroyer Whose advent is the condition of the preservation of Life, according to Life’s everlasting laws.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
1.Romney vs. Obama is fucking boring.

2. Romney is going to lose and only crazies think Obama's second term will be different than the first.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
1.Romney vs. Obama is fucking boring.

2. Romney is going to lose and only crazies think Obama's second term will be different than the first.

I think the congressional election is far more interesting. Although we really need votes of no confidence. Could benefit with a little house cleaning.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Hivemind and all that.

If so, I'm down.

By Ladd Ehlinger, who brought us:

Voting Johnson here, too, if only as a "none of the above."

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Try the war room.

But I'm not sure anything can rekindle the epic political threads from 2004 with JHendrix vs the World.

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
You shoulda been here when the shooting after the Quebec election took place. There was some good Quebec independence discussion.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Not even two months from election day, and I don't see any political topics.

Did I miss something while I was gone? Are we all on the same page now, and thus, no need for argumentative political topics?

Are we a completely homogenous website now? Hivemind and all that.
I don't think it's that so much as it is we all know where each other stand by this point. If I say something, I know how galfordo will respond, then how Bobak will counter that, and what sarcasm Wasabi will lay on Bobak. Then Treb will say something dumb and reactionary.

All the mystery is gone.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
People can vote for the left hand, or they can vote for the right hand. Does that make any difference in the end?

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
What I can't stand are "political people" who talk like they're part of some sports team. You know, the "We're gonna throw your guy out of office" types. It's complete nonsense. Maybe you might vote for a certain party, but I think it's so dorky to identify yourself as Republican or Democrat. All it does is make you emotionally invested in one side, and therefore that side can never be wrong. Do you always agree 100% with what one party says, and the other is always totally wrong? I don't think so. Do people in the same party always agree on everything? Nope.

The reason there aren't any annoying political threads around here anymore is because Loopz and BoriquaSNK stopped lurking around. Both of them were major offenders of the frothing zombie-like mindset I'm talking about. I think it's become increasingly obvious that nothing major will ever really change no matter which party is in office. Most people working for our government are there to collect a paycheck, not change the world.

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
What I can't stand are "political people" who talk like they're part of some sports team. You know, the "We're gonna throw your guy out of office" types. It's complete nonsense. Maybe you might vote for a certain party, but I think it's so dorky to identify yourself as Republican or Democrat. All it does is make you emotionally invested in one side, and therefore that side can never be wrong. Do you always agree 100% with what one party says, and the other is always totally wrong? I don't think so. Do people in the same party always agree on everything? Nope.

The reason there aren't any annoying political threads around here anymore is because Loopz and BoriquaSNK stopped lurking around. Both of them were major offenders of the frothing zombie-like mindset I'm talking about. I think it's become increasingly obvious that nothing major will ever really change no matter which party is in office. Most people working for our government are there to collect a paycheck, not change the world.
That said, GWB did act like a man on a mission to see how much worse he could possibly make any given situation. He was like the guy in Spinal Tap whose amp went up to 11.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
There are a couple topics of conversation best kept to yourself,

Religion
Politics

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I don't think it's that so much as it is we all know where each other stand by this point. If I say something, I know how galfordo will respond, then how Bobak will counter that, and what sarcasm Wasabi will lay on Bobak. Then Treb will say something dumb and reactionary.

All the mystery is gone.

This so true.
I can't even recall how many times Wasabi envisioned murdering every single member of congress.

Spoon's posts about how we are all fucked

Abasuto's slightly more tame version of it.

The countless quotes of Spoon and Abasuto's posts claiming them the best members here.

If ng.com political threads were a sitcom we would be on season 9. Character development is over, just shitty one liner zingers.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
what is there to say really?

swapping presidents amounts to little more than rearranging deck chairs on the titanic

who's stupid enough these days to think that their party has the balls to be honest with the people and get us headed in the right direction again?

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
what is there to say really?

swapping presidents amounts to little more than rearranging deck chairs on the titanic

who's stupid enough these days to think that their party has the balls to be honest with the people and get us headed in the right direction again?

Sums up how I feel.

I don't vote, because well really, the choices are shit one way or the other.

America by and large has been conditioned to accept mediocrity in presidential candidates. These people then wonder why things tend to slowly get worse no matter what party is in office.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Galfordo being awesome as usual what else is new.
icon35.gif

Anyway,
An American election is like Wrestlemania: strictly for the consumption/participation of idiots, the outcome is fixed and the results are inconsequential.

And why don't most people get this?
The average hardworking working bloke is getting spitroasted between the two parties; one is for the welfare state, the other is for the police state, and BOTH are for wealthy corps who are hell bent on making this year of your life suck harder than the last one.

I can't even recall how many times Wasabi envisioned murdering every single member of congress.

Looks like Wasabi is the only one with real answers on here.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
for whatever its worth, gary johnson gets my vote. I really didn't think anyone could get my vote away from obama. Its funny what laying out your plan in full can do.

Sucker for the big republican master plan right there. Give people a non viable third candidate to boost Mitt Romney with. Good job.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Polls consistently show Johnson hurting Romney more than Obama, not that it matters.

Last edited: