This thread is done...

Mystic_flame

Zero's Tailor
Didnt mean for the drama.

All following questions have been answered. No further bumps on this thread are required.

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Thats my friend Brett...

...Hi Tom buddy!

Thats my mate Brett... his username is Snake-Eyes here... I hope this helps...

Btw... he's an A+ seller/trader/prostitute thingy... serious... :buttrock:

P00t

Fuck eBay & PayPal,
Mystic_flame said:
I just found this auction on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ViewItem&category=72503&item=8161865949&rd=1

I found this auction to be a little fishy. First off I saw suprnova_heights (private). So I was wondering why he hid his feedbacks. Second I saw Positive Feedback: 97.0%. We cant see who left him negative and for what reason.

Then I read the questions he posted up

Q: Hi, Very interested by this item I ask you if you can send me a photo of the side of the box (include insert). The side that you can see when you place the box on a rack !? Have you keep the plastic baggie of the manual !? Many thanks for your cooperation and best regards.
A: sorry looking at your feedback I wouldnt want to deal with you. Thanks

Firstoff I wondered who would write something like this.

Then I read the last question

Q: THERE IS JUST 1 FINAL Q ABOUT ITEM U SEE THE PIC OF CART, THE LABLE HAS A WHITE LINE ON LEFT HAND SIDE WHY IS THAT. I HOPE THERE IS NOT ANOTHER LABLE UNDERNEATH ALSO IF I COULD PAY A DEPOSIT I WOULD THE PROB IS ON IMEDIATE PAYMENT. HAVE HAD TO TRANSFER FUNDS AND AS I HAVE MAXED MY CARD ALREADY I AM UNABLE TO MAKE ANY PAYMENT TILL TUESDAY. PLEASE SEE MY FEEDBACK I HAVE SUPERFAST PAYEMENT ALL THE ITEMS ALL I WANT TO DO IS WIN THE ITEM AND CANT WITHOUT IMEDIATE PAYMENT Answered on Jan-16-05
A: There is no white line of label underneath, its the flash from the camera. Look, im gonna just leave it on, this is getting abit devious now, I understand all the questions but I dont lie on descriptions. If its still there on tuesday then buy it man. No more questions will be answered from this point...sorry.

So basically this guy stopped answering questions on the item he is selling yet he has no description besides ""You are looking at this Mint Neo Geo Home Cartridge."" From the looks of the cart its not MINT. I can see heavy insertion marks along with a little pitting to the bottom left of the gold sticker.

What I want to know is has anyone dealt with this seller before or does anyone know who he is?

This may be one for the feedback forums, but then no one would see it.

This is my auction, the first question you see was from a guy with 4 bad ratings out of less than 20, so I dont wanna deal with this twat.

The second question is part of about 21 emails ive had from him, I dont mind answering questions, but I dont like repeating myself. This guy expected me to end the auction and trust him on paying when he has the money.....im sorry but I dont do that, been fooled too many times by ending auctions early.

I dont even see why I should be explaining myself to be honest, I have 1129 Positive transactions and more than 40 here without one bad transaction on both partys.

FEEDBACK: I like to keep my feedback private so people dont look at what I buy and what ive sold previously, I find this as an insult to my privacy...its like people knowing you bought some penis cream for some scabs or something (not that I have) but you wouldnt want people knowing.

There is nothing dodgy about my auction and I speak as I wish to people who piss me around, not that its any of your business.
This game was purchased from Rotphungte here on the forums who as also confirmed this Cart as MINT.

Superfamifreak

Ralf & Clark's Drinking Buddy
20 Year Member
Deal with Brett with confidence, I've had multiple transactions and they've all gone smoothly.

SuperPang

Cham Cham's Espresso,
Snake-Eyes said:
I like to keep my feedback private so people dont look at what I buy and what ive sold previously, I find this as an insult to my privacy...its like people knowing you bought some penis cream for some scabs or something (not that I have) but you wouldnt want people knowing.
Complete waste of time for that reason mate as it doesn't effect the search function at all. It puts buyers off too as you can see.

El Capitan

Mai's Apprentice
search function is for 30 days - doesn't the feedback profile link stuff work for 3 months or something?

Last edited:

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
haha snake buys Speacial kinds of cream!! :P

OlderGames

Hardened Shock Trooper
15 Year Member
Mystic_flame said:
From the looks of the cart its not MINT. I can see heavy insertion marks along with a little pitting to the bottom left of the gold sticker.

I don't see any "heavy" insertion marks - I see a single, faint
barely visible on on the left notch in the picture.

The "bottom left of the gold sticker" also appears to be in
mint condition. As far as I can tell the scans are discolored and
there is a slight scatter of dust/kleenex particles on the actual
scanner. The discoloration is very likely due to the bulb dying
out in the scanner.

As someone who majored in digital media development
in school and is professionally certified in 6 forms of
digital art and visual arts (in other words I can whoop
ass at everything from Photoshop to Maya) I can certify
your claims "albeit from someone who doesn't know
any better" are indeed quite wrong.

Don't get me wrong here - the point of this post
wasn't to make you feel stupid but to clarify the
scans and condition you are seeing. Hopefully
this won't make you as angry as it does certain
that the cart appears to be in excellent shape.

If you are an anal collector call it NM if you are
a non-anal collector call it MINT and lastly if
you are a gamer call it FUN. ;)

Superfamifreak

Ralf & Clark's Drinking Buddy
20 Year Member
OlderGames said:
If you are an anal collector call it NM if you are
a non-anal collector call it MINT and lastly if
you are a gamer call it FUN. ;)

One of the most sensible things I've ever read on this forum.

P00t

Fuck eBay & PayPal,
I took some pics for the guy asking questions on saturday night.....as far as im concered and members of this board this cart is MINT.

repic1.jpg

repic2.jpg

repic3.jpg

repic4.jpg

@ Mystic_flame....next time email me or whoever it is and ask if they are a member on the boards instead of making yourself look stupid.

Its those anal collectors and poor dreamers that put me off selling carts...luckily im out of the neo forever when this cart is gone, and I wont look back....(well only the romz).

Last edited:

soopafamicom

Windjammers Wonder
Snake-Eyes said:
I took some pics for the guy asking questions on saturday night.....as far as im concered and members of this board this cart is MINT.

repic1.jpg

repic2.jpg

repic3.jpg

repic4.jpg

@ Mystic_flame....next time email me or whoever it is and ask if they are a member on the boards instead of making yourself look stupid.

Its those anal collectors and poor dreamers that put me off selling carts...luckily im out of the neo forever when this cart is gone, and I wont look back....(well only the romz).

M8,that cart is as mint as you will get.

The only ones who would bitch about it are the sad uber-anal retards who want to buy a game that is years old that has never been played" I bought a game from this guy and it had insertion marks......he had the audacity,the temerity to actually play this game before selling it to me!" sort of shitty attitude),has the original reciept with the name,address and personal details of the shop owner.The game must also have never been opened in the daytime,must have been kept in a climate controlled envoirenment and been under lock and key in a Swiss Bank.

I wouldn't bother worrying about this retard anymore m8.Theres too many sad little shitsacks who just want to have the 'kudos' of having a geo and they seem to think that never actually playing a game they have bought is somehow cool.These twats ought to just grow up and get a life.When it all comes down to it,they are only games.

OlderGames

Hardened Shock Trooper
15 Year Member
soopafamicom said:
The only ones who would bitch about it are the sad uber-anal retards who want to buy a game that is years old that has never been played" I bought a game from this guy and it had insertion marks......he had the audacity,the temerity to actually play this game before selling it to me!"

For the second time in this thread it must be said...
"One of the most sensible things I've ever read on this forum."

Thanks. :mr_t:

P00t

Fuck eBay & PayPal,
soopafamicom said:
M8,that cart is as mint as you will get.

The only ones who would bitch about it are the sad uber-anal retards who want to buy a game that is years old that has never been played" I bought a game from this guy and it had insertion marks......he had the audacity,the temerity to actually play this game before selling it to me!" sort of shitty attitude),has the original reciept with the name,address and personal details of the shop owner.The game must also have never been opened in the daytime,must have been kept in a climate controlled envoirenment and been under lock and key in a Swiss Bank.

I wouldn't bother worrying about this retard anymore m8.Theres too many sad little shitsacks who just want to have the 'kudos' of having a geo and they seem to think that never actually playing a game they have bought is somehow cool.These twats ought to just grow up and get a life.When it all comes down to it,they are only games.

Thanks for your strong kind words Dave and others.

Anal collectors is one thing and one type of buyer I dont need, I guess most people dont take my word for it, but who do you really trust now.

Anyway im through with this thread...no more explaining from me, the auctions there, its mint, theres no defects and im a genuine seller.

I have updated the pictures on the auction, they look abit clear as ive mentioned on other listings "my scanner can blur items"....so lets see if it will stop the drama and stop me getting wound up with anal threads and anal thread starters *cough Mystic_flamer*.

Anyway Thanks to those who added reasonable quotes to this thread...soopa, Rot, Andy and oldergames.

Mystic_flame

Zero's Tailor
@Snake-Eyes

It wasnt the game itself I was posting about. It was seriously because of that nasty comment you posted on your auction that turned me off. I was actually considering bidding on it until I read the question portion. And from the looks of things your attitude goes straight through. I am seriously not here to start a war with you, but because the way you handle situations I seriously think people will take a second look before buying any of your items. If not for your little nasty comments and hidden feedback, I would have never thought twice about asking who you were. And this whole thread wasnt pointing at the fact that the game wasnt ANAL MINT. There was only 1 small comment about the condition. My main point was the comments below

"sorry looking at your feedback I wouldnt want to deal with you. Thanks"

And

"No more questions will be answered from this point...sorry. "

Last edited:

bumbachief

WHOR3
I TOO WANT TO BUY THIS ITEM

:buttrock:

Hey, to all neo geo peeps. :loco:

I have shown great interest in buying this game. I have even mailed him several times, and maybe a couple too many. But when spending 175 uk pounds wouldnt u???

I found that the pics looked very fishy, not only that he has hidden his feedback and not only that he accused me..... of being sly.

In brief I said in mails:

I was unable to pay for this item immediately and explained to him that I have over spent on my credit card and payment of my card to bring balance back down wont clear till tuesday, hence I could not bid. I asked him to allow me to win it but he said NO.

I then asked him why the first set of pics of cart front looked like there was a label hiding underneath.

He then went on to complain. Why I have no idea.

I have never met someone so rude, especially when he wants to sell this item.

Oh and guess what ... he has now blocked me from biding.

This guy is unbelivable.

All I am being is cautious!!!! I may have tried to catch him out, but couldnt he seems to know what he is saying.

This guy has played too many games as he lost his communication skills and probably all of his mates (thats if he had any).

My Q' is can any 1 offer some advice on this situation, or is there any fellow gamers looking to sell METAL SLUG JAP 3, X ,5 CONTACT ME

P00t

Fuck eBay & PayPal,
I dont trust you...end of story.

bumbachief said:

Hey, to all neo geo peeps. :loco:

I have shown great interest in buying this game. I have even mailed him several times, and maybe a couple too many. But when spending 175 uk pounds wouldnt u???

I found that the pics looked very fishy, not only that he has hidden his feedback and not only that he accused me..... of being sly.

In brief I said in mails:

I was unable to pay for this item immediately and explained to him that I have over spent on my credit card and payment of my card to bring balance back down wont clear till tuesday, hence I could not bid. I asked him to allow me to win it but he said NO.

I then asked him why the first set of pics of cart front looked like there was a label hiding underneath.

He then went on to complain. Why I have no idea.

This guy is unbelivable.

All I am being is cautious!!!! I may have tried to catch him out, but couldnt he seems to know what he is saying.

This guy has played too many games as he lost his communication skills and probably all of his mates (thats if he had any).

My Q' is can any 1 offer some advice on this situation, or is there any fellow gamers looking to sell METAL SLUG JAP 3, X ,5 CONTACT ME

bumbachief

WHOR3
I GOT THE CASH MOVE THE BLOCK AND ULL SEE

LOOK DUDE U WANT THE CASH OR NOT.

AND ITS NOT ..... U, WHO SHOULD BE TRUSTING ME. :shame:

ITS WHETHER I SHOULD TRUST U !!!!!!!!!! :D

P.s FROM THE LOOKS OF THINGS I'M NOT THE ONLY PERSON WHO DOESN'T TRUST U !!

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
This Thread sux my Balls...

Hi there!

Firstly... I'd like to say that Brett... the seller of this MS 3 Jap is among the most honest people I know...

If you need to know... I sold this particular MS 3 Jap to Brett. It was brought as mint and sold as such.

NOW! In terms of you sending emails and stuff.... I can understand that you do not wish to be ripped off... BUT... when it comes down to it... Bretts rep here is a LOT better than yours bumbachief...

Brett is the one that will lose out if he sends and someone issues chargeback on a credit card...

So... he'll do what we ALL would do... he'd make sure he would get the fekkin money all Kosher BEFORE he posts... and if he thinks your one dodgy fekker... or at least an annoying one...

He's under NO obligation to sell to you!

P00t

Fuck eBay & PayPal,
6 emails from this guy in less than 5 minutes.

First since friday/saturday he's been emailing me to end the auction and allow him to pay when he has the money. I kindly said I will not do that due to trusting people before and ending auctions for no reason for a buyer to back out then I satnd with no comback. It has already cost me to list the auction so I was deadly against this.

After 21 emails from this guy and an extra 7 today it got too repetitive and I found myself repeating the responses all the time...in other words I might as well copy and paste my text just to keep him happy.

Then I got this email from him today:
HI I CONTACTED U EARLIER I AM ASKING THESE BELOW Q FOR EBAY PROTECTION PURPOSES IS THIS A HOMEBREW CONVERTION IN ANY WAY, AND HAVE U PLAYED AROUND WITH LABEL IN ANYWAY IS THIS 100% ORIGINAL, AND SHALL BE GETTING A SECOND OPIION WHEN I RECIEVE IT I HAVE BEEN COLLECTING FOR MANY YEARS AND I TOO HAVE CONVERTED CARTS MY SELF. AND CAN TELL. I DONT MEAN TO BE RUDE BUT U HAVE A LARGE NUMBER OF NEGATIVE FEEDBACK AND WISH TO KNOW WHY U ARE HIDING THE COMMENTS WHAT IS THE NGH No

First off im not hiding anything from the buyer, I bought this cart from "Rotphungte" who has also rechecked the cart and verified this cart as "MINT" I hide my feedback for privacy reasons, I dont like people looking at my purchases but most freinds know what I buy anyway, but to n00bs and non-freinds I dont want a discussion about my buys and sales.

I understand why you would want to ask so many questions but im the suspicious type and know a scammer just by reading some text....if you do claim you have been in the neo scene for so long you would understand that its impossible to convert or make converstion carts from high end or carts made after 2000 due to Eprom Protection etc.

I would truly understand if I was selling a Metal Slug 1 cart but this is getting rediculas, I dont fancy your threats of having the cart checked over, I mean what the fuck would that prove.

Anyway thank god this is one of my last Neo Carts and I honestly dont want to touch another cart in my life, they cause too much drama, you get too much hassle and in the end you get into a debt.

Anyone who wishes to deal with this n00b may do so, but be warned this guys sounds abit devious and he dont really know what he's atlking about.

soopafamicom

Windjammers Wonder
bumbachief said:

Why should he trust you?All you have done is ask stupid questions where there was no need to.

I have looked at those pics and it is BLATANTLY OBVIOUS that there isn't a sticker under the label.FFS you can see that its camera flash.I wouldn't be surprised if its not my old MS3 as S-E's got it from Rot who had mine off me.

And as an aside to the trust thing,I know that he has had his fair share of timewasters on ebay(havent we all).So saying that you havent got the money and can you wait for it is asking for trouble? If you win the item and know that you won't have the money available for a few days afterwards why go telling people?You just hold off on payment for a couple of days.

As far as I am concerned he is trying to protect himself from a potential timwaster situation.Final Value ebay fees on a £170 game are nothing to laugh about if you are being pissed around.

All the info is in his description and in the pics.If you are being uber-anal then pay for one from one of the Yanks on here for about double the price.

*awaits mardy-boy backlash*

bumbachief

WHOR3
LOOK I CAN PAY BY PAYPAL

:multi_co:

SO THERE WILL BE NO PROBS.

CUM ON

ALL I WANT IS A REAL COPY OF THIS GAME
YES MINT
TO PLAY
AND ADD TO MY COLLECTION.

WHY DO U HAVE A PROB AND SO WHAT IF I EMAILED U MANY TIMES IF THE ROLES WERE REVERED U WOULD DO THE SAME.

NOW PLEASE MOVE THE BLOCK AND U CAN HAVE PAYMENT.

WHAT MORE CAN I SAY

P.S. MOVE THE BLOCK AND ILL GIVE U ALL A SCREEN DUMP OF PAYMENT SENT VIA PAYPAL.

NOW WHAT U GUYS GONNA SAY NOW. OR ARE U GUYS BUM CHUMS

Last edited:

DK

n00b
bumbachief said:

This guy is unbelivable.

All I am being is cautious!!!!

I just read through this thread and I'm gonna take Snake-Eye's side here. He's being cautious, too. Why deal with someone who promises payment a few days away when he won't have a problem selling it to someone else who could pay him immediately? He probably blocked you to prevent you from winning it and potentially not paying him (though I'm sure you're a good guy and would) and having to pay ebay fees for nothing. Not dealing with you is probably going to be less of a hassle for him. A dozen emails would probably annoy me as well ... if I even checked email that often.

Do I really understand why he hides his feedback? No ... but maybe that's because I don't buy my penis cream on ebay. :D

Do I think he posted a few poor choices of questions and answers? Sure ... now granted I don't know first-hand how the posting Q&A goes, it seems like the seller should have complete control.

Snake-Eyes, I believe those posted questions are where you could answer those questions for anyone viewing you auction who might have those questions in mind. If you don't like someone's feedback, answer their question first (for everyone who is curious about the same thing to see) and then post another statement regarding disired level of feedback from potential buyers. Just realize everyone in public who wants to see that auction will, so with that final question you could've cut out the entire thing about paying later and just answered the question about the label. Or you could've left the late payment part of the question and replied "As per ebay regulations, I expect immediate payment in full. Furthermore, for my own protection, if you can't immediately afford the item I would prefer that you not bid on it." Just a little PR skills, bro. And when you said you won't answer any more questions (from him) it looks like to everyone else that you won't answer questions period and appears that you have something to hide. In your mind you're just talking to one person, but when you post the Q&A in your auction you're talking to everyone who looks at it.

bumbachief

WHOR3
PLEASE READ

I NEVER ASKED HIM TO END AUCTION EARLY

ONLY TO REMOVE THE IMEDIATE PAY NOW OPTION, SO I WOULD WIN AND WOULD PAY TODAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

GOD SAKE WHAT U LOT WANT BLOOD

OlderGames

Hardened Shock Trooper
15 Year Member
bumbachief said:

P.s FROM THE LOOKS OF THINGS I'M NOT THE ONLY PERSON WHO DOESN'T TRUST U !!

Look dude... everyone could see your point but
I can also see his. In the end the result is that it's
his game and he can sell to whoever he fucking wants.

He also requires immediate payment on the
buy-it-now. That is what he decided as the
terms of his sale. IF you can not meet those
terms you should not be looking. It's very
simple - it's his sale, it's his rules. He has
absolutely NO REASON to change them for
you, me or anybody.

End of story. :cool:

And for the record I don't know either of
you and this IS MY un-biased opinion which
wouldn't change for anybody because this
is the way things are done. Get over it.