Trailer Park Boys Return!

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
The bluray showed up yesterday and my wife thought, because of the texture of the boys' air fresheners on the cover, that they were scratch and sniff. She was disappointed.
Can't wait to carve out some time to watch the movie in the next couple of days!

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
The bluray showed up yesterday and my wife thought, because of the texture of the boys' air fresheners on the cover, that they were scratch and sniff. She was disappointed.
Can't wait to carve out some time to watch the movie in the next couple of days!

Let me know what you think of it after you watch it. :D

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I really like it so far. On episode 8 and Bubbles is talking through dolls. God, I fucking hate Bubbles.

scrubsy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Didn't care much for the newer movie, but loving the new season.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Let me know what you think of it after you watch it. :D

The wife and I finally got around to watching the movie a couple of days ago, and overall, we loved it! So many great lines and moments, but the scene where Jim goes to spit out the window and spits on the window 'cause it wasn't rolled down made me laugh. It was stupid shit like that that was brilliantly done that really made it for me. As was said earlier in the thread, I did find it had the feel of a mini season :D
Didn't realize season 8 was out yet...don't have Netflix, so need to find some torrents :D

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I'll probably end up binge watching season 8 this weekend. Thanks for the heads up!

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Just watched the first episode; laughed my ass off the whole way through...hash coins...classic!

It's great to see older characters come back like Corey :D

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Watched the entire new season this afternoon, loved it.

Almost too many Rickyisms though.

Randy's giant greasy gut print on the car window was amazing.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Only watched the first episode, but enjoyed it. I love Bubbles. Having issues with my HDMI cable on my 360, so I might have to use the Wii for Netflix.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
AMAZING! This is going to be a good weekend after all :D

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Saw the first two episodes of season 9. Awesome.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Great time for me to be catching up on the show this week.... Still on season six, so I have a ways to go. Should be a fun ride.

TeamShake

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Watched seasons 8.5 and 9 this weekend. Pretty good still, but just seems a bit different than it used to be.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Finished watching all of season 9. Ended a bit different then normal.
That's really my only complaint about this show is every movie and season is basically the same.
Starts out they get out of jail have some scam idea and pull or almost pull it off then go to jail again.

What happened to Baby Randy?
http://trailerpark.wikia.com/wiki/Baby_Randy

Also most all the specials and movies are currently up on Netflix whereas a few months ago your only option was to hunt down a Dvd or buy it on Apple iTunes or whatever for several of them.

Hopefully Don't legalize it will still be up in a couple weeks, kinda burned out on it now.

the first time I watched through TPB series it was through Netflix, and then I found out about all the companion films and the two 1999 B&W short films AFTERWARDS and always wished I watched it differently the first time around.
So I tried to put the timeline in chronological order of events and not when stuff was filmed (for example, the X-mas special was filmed after season 4 I think, but the events actually take place before season 1 as we get to see Ricky cause all the initial damage to the shitmobile.)
So I came up with this (please someone correct me if anything is out of place):

the Christmas special
the two 1999 B&W short films "Trailer Park Boys" and "The Cart Boy"
Seasons 1-5
Trailer Park Boys: The Movie aka The Big Dirty (which is in essence an "alternate timeline" of Season 5)
Seasons 6-7
Say Goodnight to the Bad Guys
Countdown to Liquor Day
Don't Legalize It
Seasons 8-9 (SOON!) :vik:

Yeah anybody hasn't seen all of these already I'd suggest watching them in an order like this, the jokes and story will make a lot more sense, or if you want to re-watch them all.

Last edited:

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
Just binge watched season 8 again as well as season 9. All I have to say is that season 8 was much funnier than season 9 was. Season 9 had it's moment, but I'm really thinking they're concentrating on Lahey and Randy's relationship shit too much. They need to focus more on the schemes and stuff. I think that without Clattenberg as director and writer, the show has lost it's direction somewhat. It was much better when the goal of the show was "Cops, from a criminals point of view".

Finished watching all of season 9. Ended a bit different then normal.
That's really my only complaint about this show is every movie and season is basically the same.
Starts out they get out of jail have some scam idea and pull or almost pull it off then go to jail again.

What happened to Baby Randy?
http://trailerpark.wikia.com/wiki/Baby_Randy

Also most all the specials and movies are currently up on Netflix whereas a few months ago your only option was to hunt down a Dvd or buy it on Apple iTunes or whatever for several of them.

Hopefully Don't legalize it will still be up in a couple weeks, kinda burned out on it now.

Yeah anybody hasn't seen all of these already I'd suggest watching them in an order like this, the jokes and story will make a lot more sense, or if you want to re-watch them all.

Baby Randy was probably snatched up by CPS. :p

I agree with the above list, other than I think the original B&W movie and the Cart Boy should be watched first, before the Christmas special.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Wut the Frig. Season 10 just showed up on Netflix.
It's a return to greatness for TPB.

I love how Canadians keep trying to rally against this show.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I used to love this show but theyve beat this horse to dust that this point. S1-4 was gold though

is this show popular in the States?

Scott

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Season 10 was pretty great - better than 8 and 9 for sure. I wasn't really a fan of all the cameos though.

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
Not 100% sure why...but I'd totally fuck Sarah.
View attachment 35443

Shes the best looking girl on the show. Lucy hasn't aged as well. Been seeing her more recently with the whole Ian Gomeshi trial stuff. Bubbles was arrested in the U.S. a little while ago.

I wasn't aware they were still making this show, but I don't have netflix.