Trump is going to win Florida

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Calling it now. He's basically President Florida Man, so it makes sense.

Trump is yugely popular in most of the state and the economy is booming. One of his more ardent supporters built a billboard in his backyard that borders I-4. Could have fixed up his trailer but he's a patriot.

received_483499482361129.jpeg

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
If I can find a way to make Trump lose Florida, would you come back to chat? I miss ya, buddy.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Haha, the two terms deal with it sunglasses. Nice work memelord!

Also, of course he's a Florida guy, he's 70+ and from New York. That accounts for like 75% of white Floridians.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

Also, of course he's a Florida guy, he's 70+ and from New York. That accounts for like 75% of white Floridians.

It’s federal law for people to be relocated to FL after 65, right?

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Calling it now. He's basically President Florida Man, so it makes sense.

Trump is yugely popular in most of the state and the economy is booming. One of his more ardent supporters built a billboard in his backyard that borders I-4. Could have fixed up his trailer but he's a patriot.

View attachment 55735

GTFO Wyo!! That's by I-4!? Seriously!??? Oh gawd...

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member

plus he is unapologetically racist.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
plus he is unapologetically racist.

Gawd, when I lived in FL, everyone was either from:
-NY (Yankee fans EVERYWHERE)
-Michigan
-Pennsylvania (Eagles fans EVERYWHERE)
-New England (Pats fans EVERYWHERE)
and I worked in a Cancer center, where the old folks are either salt of the earth or uninformed / racist.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-poli...ly-2020-presidential-election-today-explained

“They also get really swept up in the moment. I talked to about a dozen people who were outside that Trump rally in North Carolina beforehand and it was that racist tweet from Trump who said that the four women, Democrats from Congress, should quote-unquote go back to where they came from, even though they’re all American citizens, three of the four of them were born in the country. And to a T, every single one of these people outside said, “No, no, no, no. I would never use that kind of language ... to disparage a minority.” But then two hours later, they’re all inside the arena and participating in a chant that mirrored that language. ...”

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
GTFO Wyo!! That's by I-4!? Seriously!??? Oh gawd...

Yeah, right outside Plant City so no surprise there :keke:

It's a really stark contrast once you leave the metro areas, but I'm assuming that's pretty standard nationwide. On the bright side, Ron DeSantis is a major upgrade from Rick Scott as governor. He's much better than I expected anyway. Unfortunately, Scott managed to buy his election to the Senate in 2018 with the type of massive ad blitz Bloomberg is currently attempting.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I never got that from FL. PA is by far the most overtly racist state I have lived in. Well ahead of TN and FL.

There are many different types of racism. But Florida just elected a guy for Governor who ran a traditional, overt racist campaign.

I don't know much about Tennessee other than Arrested Development wrote a song about how racist it was.

Last edited:

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Yeah, right outside Plant City so no surprise there :keke:

It's a really stark contrast once you leave the metro areas, but I'm assuming that's pretty standard nationwide. On the bright side, Ron DeSantis is a major upgrade from Rick Scott as governor. He's much better than I expected anyway. Unfortunately, Scott managed to buy his election to the Senate in 2018 with the type of massive ad blitz Bloomberg is currently attempting.

Plant City...lovely...

I HATED Scott during my time in FL. He did nothing for the state, except fund ports and create algae blooms. He's like this low-rent Skeletor but without the memes. I didn't lie DeSantis during his run but I guess having an upgrade is alright, so long as he's actually doing work.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
There are many different types of racism. But Florida just elected a guy for Governor who ran a traditional, overt racist campaign.

I don't know much about Tennessee other than Arrested Development wrote a song about how racist it was.

Yeah, it’s really hard to explain Rick Scott. Not only is he a racist, who has made racist statements, but he’s a protector of racist cops, and a vocal defender of Trump, and a stutterer.

Truly representative of Floridian ignorance.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Yeah, it’s really hard to explain Rick Scott. Not only is he a racist, who has made racist statements, but he’s a protector of racist cops, and a vocal defender of Trump, and a stutterer.

Truly representative of Floridian ignorance.

And he's SKELETOR. I mean look at him. We also used to call him Voldemort when I was living there. He's a joke.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
C virus will be Trump’s Iran Hostage crisis.

He’s done.

You read it here first.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
The coronavirus would like to have a word with you and the large population of senior citizens in Florida.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
It's like saying the fatally botched response to Katrina would be GWB's Iran Hostage Crisis. GWB was not done.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
It's like saying the fatally botched response to Katrina would be GWB's Iran Hostage Crisis. GWB was not done.

I think there are some important distinctions to make:

1) 2005 wasn’t a Presidential election year. Bush was done regardless, due to term limits. People were mad about Katrina response, but still had love for Bush for ‘keeping us safe’ post 9/11.

2) The C virus is wreaking havoc w/ the economy...leading up to an election year; the economy, is the only feather in Trump’s cap (perceived or actual YMMV).

3) when shit hits the fan-the double whammy of Trump firing the US Pandemic response team + the economy shitting the bed = his doneness.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I think there are some important distinctions to make:

1) 2005 wasn’t a Presidential election year. Bush was done regardless, due to term limits. People were mad about Katrina response, but still had love for Bush for ‘keeping us safe’ post 9/11.

2) The C virus is wreaking havoc w/ the economy...leading up to an election year; the economy, is the only feather in Trump’s cap (perceived or actual YMMV).

3) when shit hits the fan-the double whammy of Trump firing the US Pandemic response team + the economy shitting the bed = his doneness.

You're in for a rude awakening. You're underestimating people's stupidity and overestimating people's ability to connect events to personalities, never mind have that supersede their blind loyalty to a team.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Biden’s Super Tuesday II result has been attributed (on CNN) to voters desiring a candidate who looks like they can handle (or at the least manage via proxy) a crisis. Bernie didn’t appear to be that person for many. West Coast voters all cast their ballot last year or something.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
You're in for a rude awakening. You're underestimating people's stupidity and overestimating people's ability to connect events to personalities, never mind have that supersede their blind loyalty to a team.

My head knows you are right, but my heart holds out hope.

No matter who wins, I plan on being in Bonaire for keeps within the next 10 years.

What’s new with you, anywho?