15 Year Member
i'm about 3 hours in.

+art style
+combat system
+difficulty level

-typically linear
-typically gay anime characters
-lack of enemy variety

overall it's a nice game, not great and no blue dragon.

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
Post some more impressions when you get to the 10 hour mark. So far though it sounds like a cookie cutter JRPG.

TWE

Zero's Secretary
beelzebubble said:
i'm about 3 hours in.

+difficulty level

Really? I've read impressions from a few people, some who have already finished the game, and they all say it is THE EASIEST GAME EVER MADE. Absolutely no challenge especially towards the end of the game.:(

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
TWE said:
Really? I've read impressions from a few people, some who have already finished the game, and they all say it is THE EASIEST GAME EVER MADE. Absolutely no challenge especially towards the end of the game.:(

yep, with rpgs at least i like easy more than hard.

barf

Maxima's Barber
I liked the demo, but it bored me to fight too many times the same ennemies.
what redeemed it for me was the light/shadow gameplay element.

I hope blue dragon US will not be region-locked, i want the japanese dub (which seemed really good)

Eldios

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
barf said:
I liked the demo, but it bored me to fight too many times the same ennemies.
what redeemed it for me was the light/shadow gameplay element.

I hope blue dragon US will not be region-locked, i want the japanese dub (which seemed really good)

The US version will most likely be region locked as both the JPN and Asian version of the games were. If you want the JPN dub and you are a US 360, the original language track is confirmed for the US release. If you have a JPN 360, just get the new Asian version which as Japanese voice with English subtitles. Solutions either way.

barf

Maxima's Barber
Eldios said:
The US version will most likely be region locked as both the JPN and Asian version of the games were. If you want the JPN dub and you are a US 360, the original language track is confirmed for the US release. If you have a JPN 360, just get the new Asian version which as Japanese voice with English subtitles. Solutions either way.

Err, i have a euro 360, that s why i fear to get screwed. I speak japanese, if i had a japanese 360 i would have bought it ages ago ;)

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
Anyone grabbing the USA version? I picked mine up tonight with the face plate and hope to get into it later.

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
Gameoz said:
Anyone grabbing the USA version? I picked mine up tonight with the face plate and hope to get into it later.

I've been contemplating this one.

I'd like to hear your impressions on it.

How did you get the face plate? I saw it on the EB site for pre-orders, but I didn't pre-order since I couldn't make my mind up on the game.

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
I'm renting. I'm going to try and finish it within two weeks so I can send it back and get something coming out in October. I loved the demo, the art style is great but the characters were a little typical of this genre.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
DangerousK said:
I've been contemplating this one.

I'd like to hear your impressions on it.

How did you get the face plate? I saw it on the EB site for pre-orders, but I didn't pre-order since I couldn't make my mind up on the game.

Well, I didn't get a chance to play this tonight, so I hope to have more time tomorrow. I got the face plate via a pre-order with EB. I have plenty of games to play right now and if it wasn't for the face plate (which is very cool, there are five different plates) I probably would have waited to pick this up.

I loved the demo and I am really looking forward to getting into this. It has a co-op mode for up to three people, so it should play out like the Tales games. (One person moves around and then in battle, people control their own characters).

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I had a chance to put about 45 minutes in last night, loving it so far. The battle system is excellent, and the graphics are gorgeous.

I could see the story being really awesome or really not awesome, though. Hoping for the former, assuming that the fighting will keep me going either way.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
jro said:
I had a chance to put about 45 minutes in last night, loving it so far. The battle system is excellent, and the graphics are gorgeous.

I could see the story being really awesome or really not awesome, though. Hoping for the former, assuming that the fighting will keep me going either way.

I am about an hour into this and I love it. The graphics are fantastic and I love the way it plays. I really like the co-op mode as it is pretty much the same that was in some of the Tales games. I play a lot of games with my wife and son, so it is nice that they can control a character during the battles.

I am about ten hours into Blue Dragon, so I may try to finish that game up before I play much more Eternal Sonata.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Picked this up yesterday. I am digging the art style and easy difficulty. I have a feeling this game will be over soon though.

Clessy

Banned
US version of blue dragon is region free. I think someone asked that in this topic.