Two guys and only one game (Euro Ninja Masters NGH)

Pep

Genjuro's Frog
20 Year Member
One auction does not make a rule.

It is a hard to find game, which are the ones that can hold their valuie.

There's always people willing to pay whatever. Just two people were interested and they went into a crazy bid war.

Yes, prices for Neo stuff dropped.

SSS

neo retired
HAHA holy shit. Anyone notice the Neostore has a copy for cheaper than those morons paid?

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
Who's the seller? Someone here?

SamuraiShodownSensei said:
HAHA holy shit. Anyone notice the Neostore has a copy for cheaper than those morons paid?

Ouch.

Insaneclown

ICP Suxorz
Pep said:
Yes that was my point, there's always people that get blind during a bid war, one of them is now bidding for this Euro World Heroes Perfect

I remember I bought my US WHP perfect for $455.00 in 2003 on ebay from a member here. Sold it like 2 months ago for $750.00 in 2006 to a collector.

$482.00...very nice price...WoW!

bulletnyourass

noble trader
Not to mention ..along with Neo prices falling ... Christmas time is probably one of the worst times to sell this type of stuff. People are busy buying Christmas gifts and looking for the elusive PS3s and Wiis.

Phillip

TerryB

Crazed MVS Addict
SamuraiShodownSensei said:

The one on Ebay looks a better copy than the Neostore.

The guy who bought it has only paid what the price guide states, and it is a rare game to find.

A guy on here is selling Metal Slug Euro for $3,300, $500 over the guide.

xmods (jwm2)

Dodgeball Yakuza
TerryB said:

The guy who bought it has only paid what the price guide states, and it is a rare game to find.

He can try to sell it at that price but i'd be shocked if he got even close to that amount. Just because someone asks for it doesn't mean ANYONE will give it.

Lovergoat

, KING of GOATs, Greatest of all time...
Slow down guys. Not every Neo Geo fan is a member here, therefore NG.com members don't actually dictate the value of games. Let's just see what happens with the next few sales of these games.

TerryB

Crazed MVS Addict
jwm2 said:
He can try to sell it at that price but i'd be shocked if he got even close to that amount. Just because someone asks for it doesn't mean ANYONE will give it.

It's all about what you are prepared to pay. I don't think there is ever a shortage of people wanting THE most collectable games. 8man tried to collect all AES titles last year and as far as I am aware was just two short. ( Kizuna + Ultimate 11).

xmods (jwm2)

Dodgeball Yakuza
TerryB said:
It's all about what you are prepared to pay. I don't think there is ever a shortage of people wanting THE most collectable games. 8man tried to collect all AES titles last year and as far as I am aware was just two short. ( Kizuna + Ultimate 11).

Yes but just because someone asks a high price for it doesn't mean that anyone will buy it. Take for example the crap victoria secret puts in their christmas issue. Doe you think anyone has ever bought any of those items? Prolly not but they do it anyways. Why do they do it when people aren't buying it? For publicity of course. The amount of attention they get makes it well worth it. But is that the case here? Prolly not.

TerryB

Crazed MVS Addict
jwm2 said:
Yes but just because someone asks a high price for it doesn't mean that anyone will buy it. Take for example the crap victoria secret puts in their christmas issue. Doe you think anyone has ever bought any of those items? Prolly not but they do it anyways. Why do they do it when people aren't buying it? For publicity of course. The amount of attention they get makes it well worth it. But is that the case here? Prolly not.

Fair point.

I agree. Obviously you need a buyer who is willing to pay this amount of money, but wouldn't you be tempted. I know if i had the money I would.

I just like to re-iterate my last point. I generally don't think there will never be a shortage of people wanting to buy the most collectable games for the Neo.

Neo Turfmasters sold on Ebay for £850+ ($1700) Slug Euro X has just sold for £300 ($600), Metal Slug jap around £600-£700. This to me seems crazy money, but I can understand why people do it.

Neo Gold

(no need to shout), Because Rot is Watching YOU!
TerryB said:
Neo Turfmasters sold on Ebay for £850+ ($1700) Slug Euro X has just sold for £300 ($600), Metal Slug jap around £600-£700. This to me seems crazy money, but I can understand why people do it.
Heh he.....those were low prices too!!...probably reflecting the time of year...& the fact that everyman & his dog wants 360,ps-3, Wii...etc etc...

lordnikon

Another Striker
TerryB said:
Yea its crazy money, but sometimes people find interesting ways to justify the purchase. For instance here is something I do constantly. What if someone was like, "Hmm well I could get a PS3, or I could buy Metal Slug X Euro. I actually really want the Metal Slug X Euro more. I already planned to buy a PS3, so the money is allocated!"

I do this all the time. I find something I really want to buy, and then decide not to get it yet, and then all of a sudden give myself a free spending spree yo buy random misc stuff. Even though I am supposed to be taking a break from buying games. This is the vicious cycle I am stuck in.

Last edited:

Pep

Genjuro's Frog
20 Year Member
TerryB said:

1) eBay pictures always look good and they are often useless because they are not detailed enough.

2) You would not be able to note any common flaws, such as insert marks, thorugh the pictures posted in the referred auction.

3) The word mint is abused by ebay sellers, many times mint just means "great for being an used item".

4) The price guide is not the Holy Bible. I don't jump through a window just because someone tells me to do so.

5) In any case the point was to show how a bid war between just two guys can rise the price of an item.

Last edited:

lordnikon

Another Striker
Pep said:
3) The word mint is abused by ebay sellers, many times mint just means "great for being a used item".
they also think every video game ever made is "RARE!!!!" :lolz:

TerryB

Crazed MVS Addict
Pep said:
1) eBay pictures always look good and they are often useless because they are not detailed enough.

2) You would not be able to note any common flaws, such as insert marks, thorugh the pictures posted in the referred auction.

3) The word mint is abused by ebay sellers, many times mint just means "great for being an used item".

4) The price guide is not the Holy Bible. I don't jump through a window just because someone tells me to do so.

5) In any case the point was to show how a bid war between just two guys can rise the price of an item.

1) what a crock of shit!! There is only two pictures of the one for sale at the neostore. How do you know if the guy who bought it didn't request further pictures of the game?

2) Why not. You ask questions about it don't you? If you are not happy with the answer, you don't bid.

3) Not just ebay sellers forum members as well. (NEOGOLD you have been warned:lolz: )

4) Of course it's not "the holy bible" but the examples of games I give previously fell between the guide price. Someone must look at it.

5) I agree. But I was outlining a point made about these guys being morons and I disagreed, as the game sold for about the same as the one in the neostore.

Neo Gold

(no need to shout), Because Rot is Watching YOU!
TerryB said:
3) Not just ebay sellers forum members as well. (NEOGOLD you have been warned:lolz: )
Yes...but my items are 'MINT'.....:lolz:
& all my buyers agree...

Last edited:

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
i couldnt care less about moros waiting to pay$$$ for a neo game. shit aint worth more than 50 bucks IMO, its the scene that makes this shit expensive like they dont want their shit to loose vallue and so called rare games. id rather play it on mvs or cd for that matter, if its not possible ill play the rom rather than pay more than 50$ for a game on a dead platform.