GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
How do they even stay in business?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Sounds like a real wacko! There was a retro game store I used to visit before it went up shit creek, I tried to buy the home system in the display case but was told "It's the managers personal collection". Fuck I hate that shit, don't even display it then!

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Nah this guy just wanted to keep living in his own game room, disguised as a storefront so that his parents don't constantly tell him to get a job, since this is his job. XD

This is probably spot on. Anyway, in regards to his ethics and 'customer service...' What a douche.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Josh always says that his 'partners' are in Japan, or how he has gone there for training by the 'official Japanese staff' over there (not sure which company he is talking about), so it could be Chris or Dion after all...

Maybe he has a deal with Luke Morse. Who better than an *arcade attendant* for "training".

*Disclaimer:

Arcade attendants in Japan are not technicians. They basically clean up the place and count tickets for redemption. Likely has to wear a typical Attendant vest for a uniform as well.

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
Cant be luke morse, hes now a Marriage Counselor.

bustedstr8

Trollbox Trade Federation,
Does he really live at the store? In the basement or some 2nd floor apartment?

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
:lolz:

is he still charging $10 at the door?

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
welp, vgx forum is down

yosh is probably refreshing this page over and over

nug

B. Jenet's Firstmate
I've related my experience with this guy / place before. I don't think he wants to sell anything. I was interested in MVS carts and possibly a candy cab. He told me the metal slug carts were $300 each, and world heroes he would let go for $250. He proceeded to tell me that the beat up candy cab I was looking at had a rare Toshiba monitor and would sell it for $3800.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
I've related my experience with this guy / place before. I don't think he wants to sell anything. I was interested in MVS carts and possibly a candy cab. He told me the metal slug carts were $300 each, and world heroes he would let go for $250. He proceeded to tell me that the beat up candy cab I was looking at had a rare Toshiba monitor and would sell it for $3800.

What a joke. Just like his website atm.

nug

B. Jenet's Firstmate
What a joke. Just like his website atm.
Yeah. I'm pretty sure the dude was literally high on something. Felt bad for his employee. He was a nice guy, big into retro games, and the owner / manager just treated him like shit right in front of me. Really sucks, since I had high hopes for those store since it was so close to where I live plus it's tough finding good spots that carry the older stuff.

c0dehunter

Tarma's Gun Polisher
He does not charge the dreaded $10 at the door, anymore, but you have to become a 'free' member in order to buy stuff. What sane business owner charges potential customers at his business' door?!!

The guy is completely bonkers...

Last edited:

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
im convinced op is yosh looking for sound business advice.

there. i said it.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Please someone local - do a video review of this place.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
He does not charge the dreaded $10 at the door, anymore, but you have to become a 'free' member in order to buy stuff. What sane business owner charges potential customers at his business' door?!!

The guy is completely bonkers...

I thought that was a joke. Actually charging 10 at the door? Venue fee's to gawk at stuff you aren't allowed to buy? No thanks.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Please someone local - do a video review of this place.

Cosigned. I'll throw $20 in the pot for someone to strap on a GoPro and go into the store. Matching funds anyone?

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
wow, 10 bucks at the door? real or not, im surprised hes still in business!!

@jibbajaba, id throw in a few bucks to see that!!!

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
I can't imagine anybody even going in there more than once.

The dude is so full of himself it's unreal. How is his store still in business at all????

Spoiler:
LYwpZij.gif

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
I've been there and I bought an astro city from him. It was a good price, and the cabinet is great. But as a mental health professional, I can confidently say that that guy has bipolar disorder and needs his lithium dose tweaked.

He is totally mentally ill, and it's a miracle that place is still open. I hear his parents bail him out.

But damn, this shits hilarious! $90,000 for metal slug 1and 2? How is this place still standing?

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
What's a good price on an Astro in SoCal?

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
I paid $700 each for mine. They're "new" astro cities and the monitors are pretty clean.