UNDER DEFEAT HD COMING TO XBOX LIVE AND PSN!

Zero Satori

Jaguar Ninja
LE will come in a special box, along with a 2 disk OST and an edited version of the superplay DVD...
I'm glad to hear that they're releasing a physical version, and this "Limited Edition" sounds pretty cool with a soundtrack and all, but man, if they could include anything, I'd love to have an artbook of both character-related and just-mecha designs from the game.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Might get it - we'll see. If I can get a group together to play it and coach each other, I'd go for it.

Zero Satori

Jaguar Ninja
Rather than start a whole new thread for this, I thought I'd make a quick question of the more-knowledgeable fans in this forum:

Is there an art-book or source-book of designs and such from Under Defeat?--I'd love to have a guidebook to look-at with mecha designs and such, but I don't know if this is uncommon with shoot-'em-ups (or with non-mainstream works in-general) or expectable from hard-working design groups looking to get more money out of a game release.

Small or large, any help would be much-appreciated. :cool:

Kiken

Camel Slug
Rather than start a whole new thread for this, I thought I'd make a quick question of the more-knowledgeable fans in this forum:

Is there an art-book or source-book of designs and such from Under Defeat?--I'd love to have a guidebook to look-at with mecha designs and such, but I don't know if this is uncommon with shoot-'em-ups (or with non-mainstream works in-general) or expectable from hard-working design groups looking to get more money out of a game release.

Small or large, any help would be much-appreciated. :cool:

The closest thing to "printed material" in regards to art from the game is the Data File included with the Superplay DVD (Insanity DVD The Soldier of Fortune UNDER DEFEAT). It's a 45 page PDF that includes the character art, orthographic overhead view maps of the stages and close-up isometric shots of the various machines you fight against.

Zero Satori

Jaguar Ninja
The closest thing to "printed material" in regards to art from the game is the Data File included with the Superplay DVD...
Thank you for the information, sir. Because it doesn't seem too easy to find "The Soldier of Fortune" for sale (at least, for me), do you recommend that I simply wait for the upcoming Under Defeat re-release which will include it?

Kiken

Camel Slug
Thank you for the information, sir. Because it doesn't seem too easy to find "The Soldier of Fortune" for sale (at least, for me), do you recommend that I simply wait for the upcoming Under Defeat re-release which will include it?

Play-Asia appear to still have the DVD in stock.

And for clarification, the Data File is a separate disc (a CD-ROM) that comes with the DVD. I suspect that the only portion of the DVD set that will be included with the HD revision of the game will be the 7.5 million pt All Clear replay (none of the tutorial videos, Easy Clear plays or stuff on the Data File proper). However, the game may include an art gallery mode just like the DC version did (all of the stuff in the DC version's gallery mode is in the Data File, plus more).

Zero Satori

Jaguar Ninja
Play-Asia appear to still have the DVD in stock.
Thank you for pointing that out. But forty-five bucks?--Man, I know it's a Japanese DVD and rather a niche item, but that's kinda steep for me (considering that I'm really not interested in the main DVD items, and just for the art collections). Oh, well. I appreciate the help nevertheless, Mr. Kiken.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Man I'm so stupid! I got Under Defeat confused with Border Down! lol... :loco:

i've had the Sega Direct version of Under Defeat since the day of release - great game. Highly recommended to anyone who's considering downloading it when it arrives

-D-

Zero's Secretary
We'll need to find out if the 360 PAL version is going to be region-free like DoDonPachi Resurrection. Although maybe Rising Star Games USA will announce it soon? Who knows.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
This is only going to Europe and Japan? I see Amazon has a PS3 Japanese import available for $70 something

J. Max

judas,
Wish it was Border Down, but this is still awesome. Pre-Ordered mine already.