Value of the Neo-cds?

RVF400

Host for Orochi
well i was looking around ebay as normal and noticed that CDZ'S are costing more than front loaders, this is happening boxed and unboxed, now why is this?, i always though that a front loader was the most rarest thus costing the most?, or are times changing and the market is shaking up a bit?.

example:
front loader, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3068520602&category=4315

CDZ, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3068084375&category=49237

anyone like to have a guess on whats going on?

Last edited:

Metal Fatigue

Robert Garcia's Butler
CDZs have always cost more. They do perform better, although not truly 2x speed, they do cut loading times in half. Plus they were only sold in Japan making them rare ( or somewhat rarer) as well.

RVF400

Host for Orochi
so am i wrong in thinking that the front loader is the rarest console made by SNK?

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
There's plenty of FrontLoaders being sold on ebay every
week, not that rare, at least for now.

The CDZ system has always sold for a lot more than any of
the other two cd systems.

Baseley09

Hair Group,
RVF400 said:
so am i wrong in thinking that the front loader is the rarest console made by SNK?

Not really, the front loader has the least number of units in circulation, but has come down in price a shed load, why, i dont know.

The rarest SNK Neo Geo is the Hotel Unit i presume.

SHO

Raiden's Valet
The reason cdz cost more because they are more in demand.....
(higher demand higher price)

i mean everyone wants faster loading time...

dont you?

so would you rather spend more to buy a cdz or spend more to buy a front loader?

your choice have proofed this rvf... cos you bought a cdz even tho it cost more!!!

RVF400

Host for Orochi
sorry sho your wrong i bought the front loader!:loco: , but will buy a CDZ when my bank account decides to behave itself!

daz007

Morden's Lackey
Comparison

i mean everyone wants faster loading time...

I think this is like comparing a snail to a slug. faster yes but only in comparison.

Cheers

Daz

SHO

Raiden's Valet
RVF400 said:
sorry sho your wrong i bought the front loader!:loco: , but will buy a CDZ when my bank account decides to behave itself!

oh sorry i thought you bought the cdz

any way... was just sharing my thoughts

not an economist or what ever you call them.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
RVF400 said:
well i was looking around ebay as normal and noticed that CDZ'S are costing more than front loaders, this is happening boxed and unboxed, now why is this?, i always though that a front loader was the most rarest thus costing the most?, or are times changing and the market is shaking up a bit?.

example:
front loader, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3068520602&category=4315

CDZ, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3068084375&category=49237

anyone like to have a guess on whats going on?

The front loader not only has the slower drive like the top loader but also has mechanical problems like the CDZ. while it was produced in lesser #'s it is better for collectibilty (though, more for the neocd completist, as it is still pretty cheap) than playability.

The neo cdz is the other way around. it largere cache (resulting in better load times ,makes it a bit more desireable to gamers who actually want to play thier games.

however, you are STILL looking at this in a COLLECTORS mindset. bad idea.
you also base your experience with the top loader on a USED model that you had while we are talking about NOS systems...even WORSE idea.
Just stick with a top loader or a cdz based on what titles you want to play most and also keep in mind that the CDZ is not a true 2x drive, it's more like 1.5x speed.

sorry if i sounded snooty throughout any of this but I have been owned neo cd stuff for a while so I want to post some info that will help. Thanks.