Vengeance Hunters (Beat 'em Up) for the Neo Geo

amerika

n00b
Thanks for the answer! Personally, as a long-time Xbox owner, the value is going down because at this point the platform is missing out on too many cross-platform releases.

I found this article from last month. I would guess that for technically less demaning 2D ports making the game Series S and Series X compliant isn't an issue?

I believe it would be the easiest console to get certified on as you can use any Xbox to do most of your testing/certification on and you would not need an actual dev kit. We have Sony and Nintendo dev kits, but sharing those among a small indie team that is spread out to different places in the world is another matter. Xbox, I believe, does not have this issue. However, sales for indie games has never been an Xbox strength and this generation a lot of people have one mostly for Game Pass. Hell, that is the sole reason I own one since the PC ports can be iffy. I doubt MS would be interested in pursuing our game for Game Pass release. So, yeah, due to history of low sales and the type of player, it puts it lower on the port list atm despite it being potentially easier.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I believe it would be the easiest console to get certified on as you can use any Xbox to do most of your testing/certification on and you would not need an actual dev kit. We have Sony and Nintendo dev kits, but sharing those among a small indie team that is spread out to different places in the world is another matter. Xbox, I believe, does not have this issue. However, sales for indie games has never been an Xbox strength and this generation a lot of people have one mostly for Game Pass. Hell, that is the sole reason I own one since the PC ports can be iffy. I doubt MS would be interested in pursuing our game for Game Pass release. So, yeah, due to history of low sales and the type of player, it puts it lower on the port list atm despite it being potentially easier.
Gamepass was promising at first, but turned out to be a huge mistake. They should've made it cheaper, and never put new AAA games on it. It would've been perfect for people wanting to try out indie titles like yours and maybe older AAA games that have already sold their quota. Xbox has such a good legacy with small developers on Xbox Live Arcade on the 360, they need to get back to that.

amerika

n00b
Yeah, I think MS was offering up a big power play to try and sway every gamer over to their ecosystem and crush Sony/others due to a crazy high value for the service. All while getting rid of physical games in the process. Had it worked, and people left Nintendo/Sony in droves, it would be a "first hit is free" situation where they would simply start raising the price through the roof to get their quarterly growth. All while we own nothing.

I both love and hate Game Pass since I know it's a great value and convenience. But I also know exactly where it leads if it 'wins'.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I will buy the standalone digital release of Hellblade 2. That contributes to a game's sales. I have no intention of adding Gamepass again.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Damn. This is one of the most impressive looking indie games I have seen yet. If this was released back in the mid to late 90's or even as one of the "Last Batch" games like NITD, Matrimelee, ROTD, Sengoku 3, etc I think it would have faced less scrutiny.

amerika

n00b
We showed the game at a local (for me) event called Midwest Fest in Kansas City this past weekend. The person running the event who I had met back in December and is a really awesome guy, had it loaded into his 6 slot MVS. I couldn't stay at the event through the weekend, but when I was there the cabinet was busy and the event runners said it was busy. I got to talk to quite a few people about the game and it was incredibly positive interactions. Which, naturally, feels good to hear when you've poured so much into something.

Last edited: