VIDEO ADDED! - I'm Making a JAMMA Compatible Arcade Shooter - Come Play It for Free!

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
WELL, any trepidation I had about the redesigned ship has been completely obliterated! This thing looks incredible in place. Jesus.

tumblr_nvag4phzwm1tjvu68o1_1280.png

tumblr_nvaw1mEigL1tjvu68o1_1280.png

Freakin good job skycurser dudes! This sprite work is really looking top notch, and the slightly smaller size really improves the look of the game, so good job everyone who asked for that. I can feel myself forgetting the original sprite already haha.

Also, can't wait to see this with some gore sprites layered in:

tumblr_nv4ud4Blcb1tjvu68o1_500-1.gif

I definitely hope you can kill one of the hands at a time, then the other one gets driven into a rage and becomes way more powerful.

It'd be a cool dynamic to try and keep both alive as long as possible and attack them evenly, so you could then kill them simultaneously before one has a chance to go berserk on you.

demirichris

Hardened Shock Trooper
Thanks Jonmkl for the share! We've been working really hard on the game lately. My hope is to create a cool update package to share with the Neo Geo community soon.

However, in the meantime there's another chance to play the game if you're in the Midwest area. We are hosting another location test on October 17th, at Union Jack Pub, 924 BroadRipple Ave, Indianapolis, Indiana 46220. Here's a link to the Facebook event page we recently created:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1062038857161791/

We would love to see some members of the forum there. If you can make it, I promise I make sure you get lots of cool SKYCURSER swag!

demirichris

Hardened Shock Trooper
We will definitely be at MGC this year! We just got invited to be in the same space. We should have a build that is pretty close to completion by that time.

In the meantime, the game is available to play at the following arcades:

Galloping Ghost: 9415 Ogden Ave, Brookfield, IL 60513
(Self-proclaimed largest arcade in the world)

The Game Grid Arcade: 3601 Constitution Blvd c128, West Valley City, UT 84119
(Owned and operated by current owner of arcadeheroes.com)

Logan Arcade: 2410 W Fullerton Ave, Chicago, IL 60647
(A beautiful location featuring other indie arcade games like Killer Queen)

Underground Retrocade: 121 W Main St, West Dundee, IL 60118
(Another amazing Illinois location, fantastic space with an equally fantastic collection)

Union Jack Pub: 924 Broad Ripple Ave, Indianapolis, IN 46220
(Our first hometown location)

Here's a quick sample of the Mission #3 boss character, Sebastian!

Sebastian-Main-Facebook.gif

Last edited:

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
Amazing work on the details ! And its fantastic that your letting people try it out in such a way, guess ill need a Jamma adapter in the future.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
just wanted to add, hardywood brewery in richmond VA is doing its first classic arcade night this month. contact them (and tell them i sent you dammit!)

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Everything is looking awesome! I'm psyched for you guys and eagerly waiting mass production.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Got back from the ghost a little while ago. I spent a good 90 minutes with it.

The game is good. Seriously good. Graphically its very pretty, the controls are there, the sound is great, and the 3 weapon charge dynamic is a nice change of pace. It's challenging without being frustratingly hard. Everything is doable, but it wont get done on the first try.

I really enjoyed this title. Plus they gave me a rad 'die like a hero' skycurser shirt that will make my rotation.

demirichris

Hardened Shock Trooper
Thanks for the kind words dude! It was a fantastic night.

Really looking forward to adding more content and getting feedback from players!

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Don't know if it's ok to post here, but I had a chance to talk with Demichris about skycurser at CAX a week ago:

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
Nice interview LV.

I'm curious to see the final result, a lot of good hype around it :)