Volgarr the Viking on Dreamcast

cornerstone

King's Dry Cleaner
I wasn't really sure where to put this:

http://volgarr.rkd.zone/

So one of the developers behind Volgarr made this version and didn't want to waste it. It's not officially endorsed by the studio, but according to this thread it's fine -

Yeah I would want the word to spread so the effort my buddy put into it wasn't wasted, but in order to make sure it stays "officially un-supported" I can't really advertise it publicly myself. I'm not concerned about lost sales or anything, the audience that would A) like Volgarr + B) would want to play it on Dreamcast specifically + C) have a Dreamcast that can play burned discs + D) are willing to take the time to actually burn it to a disc to play it is not going to be large enough to hurt our sales (and quite possibly our sales could increase from more people hearing about the game or DC players that like it enough wanting to also get it for other platforms later). I mean, lots of people have already got the game for free (from XB1 "Games with Gold") or stupidly cheap (for less than a dollar from a Humble Bundle sale) anyway and we still get steady sales.

This doesn't run at 60fps, unfortunately. But it's fun enough to mess around with and punch a wall eventually.

So download this, play the game, and buy it on steam or whatever for the 60fps because the game is amazing. One of the best of the past few years, for sure.
I5qc6HM.jpg

I'll have to get a better picture at night.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
This game looks pretty sweet, will have to give a try. Thanks for the heads up!

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I have this on steam. Great game

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I saw that post on neogaf yesterday. I can't wait to see how this plays on DC.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Love this game, have it a few different ways already. It would be awesome if they polished this up and "officially" released it on the DC. Makes me wonder why more independent developers don't do this as opposed to something like the Retro VGS toilet.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Volgarr is awesome. Smooth control and gameplay, feels great once you get everything down. I played it for a few weeks straight to get the best ending.

It's interesting to see it pop up on the Dreamcast. Cool oppertunity for those who haven't tried it yet.