Wait, they're making another Terminator movie

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I guess they're throwing all the other garbage Terminator movies under the bus and this is a direct sequel to T2.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
That trailer looks like total dog shit...

Why in the hell do they keep doing this to such a possibly awesome franchise?

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,

No kidding. How hard is it to make a good Terminator or Aliens or Predator movie? Apparently it’s pretty fucking hard.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
No kidding. How hard is it to make a good Terminator or Aliens or Predator movie? Apparently it’s pretty fucking hard.
How hard is it to leave two great movies ALONE and not try to turn everything into a fucking "franchise"? There never should have been a Terminator 3, much less any of the others, and they sure shouldn't be trying to make any more with the original cast now.

I'm pretty sure we have that latest Halloween movie to blame for Paramount trying to trot Linda Hamilton out again at such an advanced age.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
How hard is it to leave two great movies ALONE and not try to turn everything into a fucking "franchise"? There never should have been a Terminator 3, much less any of the others, and they sure shouldn't be trying to make any more with the original cast now.

I'm pretty sure we have that latest Halloween movie to blame for Paramount trying to trot Linda Hamilton out again at such an advanced age.

This movie was in production well before Halloween came out. We were making fun of it several months ago when they released a teaser image with the Beibernator and poor Linda Hamilton looking like Bon Jovi.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
The Terminator franchise has a terrible history of its trailers including spoilers, the newest one is no different.

Anyways, yesterday Arnie posted on reddit yesterday with a spoiler free trailer and responded to a lot of comments.

https://www.reddit.com/user/GovSchwarzenegger

PS anyway see him get kicked in the back in South Africa

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Terminator Salvation was ok. Thats the direction and time period the franchise should have gone in.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Terminator Salvation was ok. Thats the direction and time period the franchise should have gone in.

I thought Terminator Salvation was awful.

It had an ocean of plot holes and absurd plot points. It's so flawed that I'd literally have to type a massive paragraph on it.

It's funny, I though Terminator 3 was limp...then I saw Salvation. I didn't even waste my time watching Genisys.

This new trailer already is showing horrifically bad CG (it's 2019, how is this even possible anymore), insane over the top teenage dream level action scenes, and a stupidly tired looking Arnold and Linda Hamilton. In just a few min trailer, it looks insanely desperate and ridiculous.

Terminator needs guns, killer robots, and skulls everywhere. I'm one of the few that felt even Terminator 2 was too over the top and polished. Terminator had a grit and realism to it...if another Terminator film is ever going to be any good, it needs to go back to that.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I thought Terminator Salvation was awful.

It had an ocean of plot holes and absurd plot points. It's so flawed that I'd literally have to type a massive paragraph on it.

It's funny, I though Terminator 3 was limp...then I saw Salvation. I didn't even waste my time watching Genisys.

This new trailer already is showing horrifically bad CG (it's 2019, how is this even possible anymore), insane over the top teenage dream level action scenes, and a stupidly tired looking Arnold and Linda Hamilton. In just a few min trailer, it looks insanely desperate and ridiculous.

Terminator needs guns, killer robots, and skulls everywhere. I'm one of the few that felt even Terminator 2 was too over the top and polished. Terminator had a grit and realism to it...if another Terminator film is ever going to be any good, it needs to go back to that.

Terminator Salvation is easily one of the worst films to come out in the past 100 years.

It was either you or me who made a list of all the terrible plot holes that film had. I'll look it up later.

It's a film where you instantly judge someone if they said they like it.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member

I've always felt like we needed exactly ONE more Terminator movie, and it needed to be the black horribly depressing future war movie that was teased in the Reese flashback scenes in T1. Salvation sure as hell wasn't it.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
They don't care about the franchise.
They care about the $$$

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I'd go with "love, happiness, fulfillment" myself.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I've always felt like we needed exactly ONE more Terminator movie, and it needed to be the black horribly depressing future war movie that was teased in the Reese flashback scenes in T1. Salvation sure as hell wasn't it.

Yes.

A dark, gritty, future war Terminator movie. There is no need to bridge the gap, or make absurd explanations about the origins of Skynet, of how the Terminators are actually made. Give us the future war grit and terror of living in that post judgement day reality.

Salvation wasn't that, not even close. The only thing from that film that was even usable was the one scene with the T600.

A war film with T600's, 700s, and 800s as well as hunterkilers fighting the remaining human masses would be fucking awesome.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member

In all honesty, how many franchises that have had more than 3-4 films truly get better with a new one? But I admit, I usually do like familiarity and just enjoy action films and sequels for what they are. I'm probably one of the only ones here who enjoyed Alien Covenant, Predators, AVP, Star Wars I-III, Transformers The Movie (1986) and Transformers (2007). I just enjoy them for what they are. I just manage my expectations, and not expect Citizen Kane out of the huge franchises.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Usually I prefer the actors from the original movies in a franchise (even though they are getting older), to the younger ones they introduce in newer movies. For example, Ian McDiarmid as the Emperor in the Star Wars prequels.
It would be better if they made movies like Terminator or Blade Runner with practical special effects, as much as possible, instead of everything being CGI.

In all honesty, how many franchises that have had more than 3-4 films truly get better with a new one? But I admit, I usually do like familiarity and just enjoy action films and sequels for what they are. I'm probably one of the only ones here who enjoyed Alien Covenant, Predators, AVP, Star Wars I-III, Transformers The Movie (1986) and Transformers (2007). I just enjoy them for what they are. I just manage my expectations, and not expect Citizen Kane out of the huge franchises.
I thought Covenant wasn't as good as Prometheus. I didn't like the way they killed off the Elizabeth Shaw character before the movie started. She was a good successor to Ripley.
Episode III was good, and Episodes I & II had some good parts. Maybe they could do a sequel to Aliens, in the same way as Dark Fate.

Last edited:

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member

I'm honest when I say that I wish I could, but I can't get over the issues with everything you listed. I don't feel there is a right or wrong stance to take, those just all rub me the wrong way.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
How many reboots has this series had? This is hilarious.

However I will say the trailer looks cool ... trailers always look cool. Most of the time it's better than the movie.

Last edited:

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I'm honest when I say that I wish I could, but I can't get over the issues with everything you listed. I don't feel there is a right or wrong stance to take, those just all rub me the wrong way.
I feel you, I tried watching the latest season of The Walking Dead and I could barely get through it even being on a phone nearly the entire time.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Yeah, I'm submitting another worst movie vote for terminator: danaerysys.

A self aware, fanservicey, road trip movie with a soundtrack by one direction and the Jonas brothers.

Going with stk on this. 2 movies was enough.

The lore is so thoroughly explored, the identity politics so prevalent...these films will never reproduce that primal fear of watching a young woman flee from a musclebound killing machine.

Last edited:

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
3 was like a limp dick and Salvation was utter shite.

Genisys I felt had a story to tell but was ultimately pretty weak.

They really should of stopped at T2 that was IMO perfect and should of been left alone.

I agree though that if they make another movie it should of been the dark last fight for human kind movie.