Warlocks of the Fates AES in Nakano.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
What kind of faggot would put something like that on display as Not for Sale and then not allow people to take pictures much less see the game actually running?

That stuff happens all the time at second hand stores in Japan. They don't like cameras in thier stores and they like to put obscure items up for display.. usually crazy, off the wall items that thier customers sell off to them.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
That stuff happens all the time at second hand stores in Japan. They don't like cameras in thier stores and they like to put obscure items up for display.. usually crazy, off the wall items that thier customers sell off to them.

For fear of competition?

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member

Yup. I remember my 1st visit @ the mitaka Ghibli museum, there was an amazing stained glass window of Kiki. I whipped out my camera and 5 blue shirts bum rushed me, throwing up the 'X'. Not being straight edge, I knew they weren't giving *me* daps...

It was the whole, 'picture ja nai' 'take picture w/ your imagination, please' thing going on. I played the baka_gaijin card for a self re-spawn, later that afternoon.

Fronted like I was speaking on my phone, and took some blurry no look behind the neck shots.

Didn't even have a pic of window I fancied in the gift shop books, or postcards. :^(

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
You can take as many pictures as you want, as long as your camera doesn't look like an actual camera. XD

Stefan

Philadelphia Freeman,
20 Year Member
Their products are shit. Treasures of Toilet Water. What an awesome game, rotating turd puzzler. A new genre.

So they offered some old Visco employee a handjob for Bang Bang Busters. Big deal.

LOL... Please never stop posting here on a regular basis, Pat.

aria

Former Moderator
The Ghibli museum is absolutely worth the visit, I went there in 2007, my favorite piece was an array of statues on a wheel that, when they started spinning with a strobe light, they looked like they were alive --absolutely mind blowing in person (someone covertly recorded it here). The gift shop alone is worth it because they have so many things that are exclusive --I later found a person in Japan who's willing to buy things from there and ship them at a not-unreasonable mark-up (link to her site; if its not on her page she'll try drop by to see if they have it), but I got hit hard on shipping.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
(Sorry for going off topic)

Is this the window Wataru? http://www.flickr.com/photos/xujof/312072983/lightbox/

I'd love to take my niece and nephew there, but it'd be hard trying to get them out of the gift shop without throwing a fit because they can't buy everything.

That's the one! Thx for posting this...
Your niece & nephew + my toddlers could blow Caine's entire college fund in there, easy. ;^)

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
Guys, what is NCI's seller ID on ebay?

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
The Ghibli museum is absolutely worth the visit, I went there in 2007, my favorite piece was an array of statues on a wheel that, when they started spinning with a strobe light, they looked like they were alive --absolutely mind blowing in person (someone covertly recorded it here). The gift shop alone is worth it because they have so many things that are exclusive --I later found a person in Japan who's willing to buy things from there and ship them at a not-unreasonable mark-up (link to her site; if its not on her page she'll try drop by to see if they have it), but I got hit hard on shipping.

The Japan Pavilion in EPCOT sells a lot of Ghibli stuff with prices that are pretty much insane. Since I've been showing my niece and nephew the movies they naturally want to see more of it. Since I've been collecting stuff from EPCOT for a few years they think they can play with it. When I went back last year they had less things for kids and the stuff they did have cost way too much to let a kid play with it. It's a crock because when my friend lived in Japan he said Totoro stuff was everywhere in Japan, even in the shops in the subway tunnels.

http://youtu.be/UZ5bx2KNhfc

Here's a link to the Toy Story Zoatrope. They had that at the MOMA Art of Pixar exhibit and the card on it also lists the one in Japan from the Ghibli Museum.

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
Don't think they have an eBay account.. they sell their stuff through NeoAyato and GoldenShop HK

Interesting. NeoAyato does have an ebay account in addition to selling through their on-line store. I ordered an US AES complete copy of 8 Man from them and a loose MVS Kizuna Encounter cart. I'm gonna inspect the hell out of them when I get them though their listings describe the items as originals.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I've bought from neoayato on ebay before the whole NCI thing. They were the only European seller who has managed to complete the delivery to the US within 1 week. I check all of my carts to see if they contain genuine SNK boards, and the stuff from them didn't have any problems.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
I've bought from neoayato on ebay before the whole NCI thing. They were the only European seller who has managed to complete the delivery to the US within 1 week. I check all of my carts to see if they contain genuine SNK boards, and the stuff from them didn't have any problems.

I really wonder how people still go on "I bought from neo ayato asdf* In any case, if the games aren't the really rare/desirable ones, they will probably be legit, since it makes no sense to convert cheap or middle-of-the-road titles.

Sure, sometimes you will se a moronic curiosity like the US MotW a while ago, but it came w/o a manual, and was clearly marked as a conversion.

Last edited:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I really wonder how people still go on "I bought from neo ayato asdf* In any case, if the games aren't the really rare/desirable ones, they will probably be legit, since it makes no sense to convert cheap or middle-of-the-road titles.

Sure, sometimes you will se a moronic curiosity like the US MotW a while ago, but it came w/o a manual, and was clearly marked as a conversion.

It's interesting that you bring up the price point. One of them was a ADK full kit that is listed in the price guide as 100 - 175 Uncommon, yet I bought it from neoayato for 30 Euros (+15 shipping). The other was Money Puzzle Exchanger, another mvs cart listed as Uncommon on the price guide. Both are authentic as I've opened them to check.

Can't complain buying stuff that's way below the Low end on the price guide. And obviously I've checked for authenticity.

Now if you went ahead and bought their "AES Ironclad" for 499 Euros, I would have to wonder what's wrong with you, not the seller...