Website is in need of a rule set/list.

As a n00b I often don't read everything the site has to offer, and I sometimes make mistakes. I think it would be a great step in the right direction if a general rules set was implemented to help guide new blood on the site. Opinions ?

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
There is a big rule faq. If you wanna learn the unspoken rules you just gotta hang around and learn an the hard way.

There is a big rule faq. If you wanna learn the unspoken rules you just gotta hang around and learn an the hard way.

I understand every site has these, but could this really be detrimental in any way ? I mean, what does anyone have to lose other than time to implement it ?

I would be willing to do it, but you know I can't.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
The only rule you need to know is "Don't piss off the locals". Any other rule that we could possibly have here could be derived from that one. It's like the F=ma of forum rules.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
what does the forum mean to you? that you need these rules?

what does the forum mean to you? that you need these rules?

I want to help the site grow. Its quite simple.Even though I'm new, The "culture" needs to be understood from the get-go, so people can contribute easily.I'm not naive enough to think it needs to change.I'm just suggesting a way to make it"more".

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
WTF is this thread about again?

...someone tell me...

xROTx

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Reading older threads and learning from others' mistakes before you make them yourself is probably the best you can do.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
this-isnt-nam-dude-there-are-rules.jpg

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Someone please put down all the unwritten rules and secret handshakes in a regularly updated post so the n00bs can know what's going on.

Someone please put down all the unwritten rules and secret handshakes in a regularly updated post so the n00bs can know what's going on.

absolutely love it ! You show time and again what a kind soul you are, sage advice from a Sega16 spy !

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
WTF is this thread about again?

It's about the Neo forum rules, and the first rule is you do not talk about the Neo forums. Judging by the recent influx of noobs, a lot of you have been breaking that rule ...

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Rule 1: Noobs get first dibs on protos. Make sure you state your interest in protos regularly.
Rule 2: Ask questions often. The more common and obvious the question the better. Don't worry if someone else might have already answered your question before and that a simple search would turn up the answer-ask it again. And repeat your question yet again in a different sub-forum if you don't like the first answers.
Rule 3: Everyone loves a clown-especially Rot and members that have been here for several years. Being insulting, quippy and generally annoying is the "secret sauce" of acceptance here.
Rule 4: The subforum categories are more of a guideline than a rule. Just place your post wherever and it'll all sort itself out.
Rule 5: The Marketplace forum caters to wheeler-dealers. After making a big profit reselling something you bought in the Marketplace on EBay, make sure you post details about it here so everyone can marvel at your financial gamesmanship.
Rule 6: Cart reproductions and bootleg items are especially welcome on the Marketplace. All that matters is that the game boots up.
Rule 7: Rot loves PMs. The guy would love nothing better than to answer PMs all day. PM Rot, won't you?
Rule 8: Just because a thread is old doesn't mean that it's not relevant today. Add a little post to the end of that old thread so that all the old-timers can enjoy a welcome reminder of days long passed.
Rule 9: Sarcasm has no place in this forum, and especially not in any rule lists. Rulesmaking is serious business.

Last edited:

joala

A Joala is for Life., Not Just Christmas.,
I concur with everything on this list.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I think it would be a great step in the right direction if...

Kindly attend to the Handsome n00b Modeling School on this site. I did, too. It's most gratifying. You'll get to be that neatly chiseled, well groomed, drop dead handsome n00b in no time. Like a rough diamond that just needs a little polishing, that's all. Yes, a professional male n00b, as in:

Oh my God we're gorgeous!