Weekly Roundup 01-17-16

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
I noticed these have been missing for the past few weeks :( Anyhow posting one now.

PS3
Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel

Wii Virtual Console
The Last Blade

PS4
DOA 5: Last Round

Xbox 360
Eschatos

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Neo Geo
- metal slug 2
- metal slug x
- pulstar

3DS
- metal slug 7

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
I noticed these have been missing for the past few weeks :( Anyhow posting one now.

PS3
Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel

Wii Virtual Console
The Last Blade

PS4
DOA 5: Last Round

Xbox 360
Eschatos

Yeah it's been a while. Was wondering if somebody was gonna post a new one.

PS3
Revelations 2
Guilty Gear Xrd

SNES
Actraiser

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
MVS
Fatal Fury Special
Magician Lord.

GBA
Final Fantasy II

SNES
Yoshi's Island

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
finished playing skyrim for the 360 last week. started a new file a couple of days ago. building a stealth marksmen this time around.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
It was my job back in the old days like 2003 or 2004...................

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I haven't been playing too many games in the last few weeks with the holidays and other stuff taking up my time.

Nintendo DS:

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
I'm almost done playing through the game with Old Axe Armor. I just need to beat Dracula and (maybe, as it's optional) finish the Nest of Evil (which is pretty tough, as Old Axe Armor is the only character in the game that fights alone, without a partner, and gets no healing items). I'm at about level 38 right now, so, I probably just need to grind for more experience to get tougher. I also beat the game again with Charlotte and Jonathan on Hard with the Level 50 experience cap (I don't think I'm going to try the Level 25 or Level 1 caps though). After I win with Old Axe Armor, I think I'm done with this one for a long time. Oh, and hilariously, despite using Jonathan's voice, Old Axe Armor is actually female (the enemies/bosses that react to your gender respond to the tin can as a woman). If you don't believe me, here's her official artwork from Konami:

old axe armor.jpg

Windows:

- Solitaire
- Free Cell

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Heh. Sorry guys, I've been busy with work and stuff around the house.

For me:

3DS
3D Classics Streets of Rage
3D Classics Outrun
Pokemon Shuffle

PS4
Dragon Quest Heroes

Vita
Legend of Heroes:Trails in the Sky SC

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
PC

Finally beat Baldur's Gate I EE with my Kensai Elf! Just started BG2 with the same character. So far BG2 is GREAT. Can't wait for Seige of Dragonspear castle. BG1 took me 55 hours to beat it on easy.

wiiU

Mario Kart 8 - I thought I was done with Nintendo. My family has been coming over a lot and we've all been playing the hell out of this! The DLC is fantastic as well. Link is my favorite so far. Wonderful game!

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Saturn

Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
Marvel Super Heroes
Darius Gaiden - Need a stick to play shmups and only suck a little instead of completely. Don't have one for the saturn.

Genesis

Castlevania Bloodlines
Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure
Super Street Fighter II
Viewpoint

SNES/Super Gameboy

Gargoyles Quest
Tetris
Fatal Fury Special - I have no memory of playing this version before, but it was in my collection, so I thought I'd give it a shot. Looks nice enough, but plays like crap and the sound is horrible. The sound is particularly amusing considering there is a 'Surround Sound' option in the settings menu.
Maui Mallard in Cold Shadow - Got this for free the other day. I can see why.

3DS

Mario Puzzle and Dragons
Pokemon Shuffle
Nintendo Badge Arcade
Shantae and the Pirates Curse

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Fatal Fury Special - I have no memory of playing this version before, but it was in my collection, so I thought I'd give it a shot. Looks nice enough, but plays like crap and the sound is horrible. The sound is particularly amusing considering there is a 'Surround Sound' option in the settings menu.

For an inferior port on a 16-bit console, it doesn't play like crap. All of the combos I've ever tried work!

The sound is like a grimy tin lo-fi remix. Some of the BGM tracks are composed a bit differently than the originals too.

Last edited:

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
For an inferior port on a 16-bit console, it doesn't play like crap. All of the combos I've ever tried work!

The sound is like a grimy tin lo-fi remix. Some of the BGM tracks are composed a bit differently than the originals too.

Ok, to be perfectly fair to the game, I only played for a few minutes with a controller that I suspect needs to be taken apart and cleaned. Sound is still shit though.