What anime are you watching?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Kicking it with Lady Armoroid in the Turtle and some intergalactic smokes...
SpaceAdventureCobraMovie3.jpg

...midnight fog...
Here's the full song for the intro in case anyone gets the urge to indulge on a jazzy barbarella bad ass passage...
A little bonus...super hot!

Last edited:

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
1991 Wizardry OVA based on the first computer game, Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord. I'd say it's average at best, but not too terrible as far as video game adaptations go. If you don't already have an interest in Wizardry or Dungeons & Dragons type stuff, it may not appeal to you.

Last edited:

potetoboy

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
started watching GTO (Great Teacher Onizuka) on a friend's recommendation.
pretty damn funny, can't believe I hadn't watched till now..

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
1991 Wizardry OVA based on the first computer game, Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord. I'd say it's average at best, but not too terrible as far as video game adaptations go. If you don't already have an interest in Wizardry or Dungeons & Dragons type stuff, it may not appeal to you.

I watched this a few years ago and remember liking it for what it was.

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Indeed it was

I just caught up on Parasyte (I think episode 6 just aired) and Shinichi undergoes a marked change between episodes 5 and 6, I haven't read the manga so I'm not sure if he's now more in line with his manga counterpart but I was reminded of your statements about him not feeling like the same character when I saw the episode and felt it was worth mentioning
Originally he didn't feel the same, but he's definitely starting to feel like his manga counterpart. They all are. I really felt the anger he had when he said he was gonna kill the monster that killed his mother, same way I felt it when I initially read it in the manga.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
Watching HunterXHunter and Persona 4. Crunchyroll seems pretty cool!

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I just got the Transformers G1 series box-set for 30$ on Amazon (flash sale). Can't wait to have the time to relive those childhood memories again!

I also picked up Kiki's Delivery Service, Princess Mononoke, and The Wind Rises on bluray earlier this week. I'm really interested to check out The Wind Rises.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I'm really interested to check out The Wind Rises.

Pales in comparison to Porco, Mononoke, Castle, etc...pretty much Miyazaki's worst. It starts off slow and never picks up. The movie is, quite frankly, boring.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
How did you find out about the flash sale? I totally missed it; it's back up to $80. :^(

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Pales in comparison to Porco, Mononoke, Castle, etc...pretty much Miyazaki's worst. It starts off slow and never picks up. The movie is, quite frankly, boring.

Stop trolling.

It's his greatest intellectual achievement...2nd only to Nausiccä as far as his 'for grown ups' films go.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
How did you find out about the flash sale? I totally missed it; it's back up to $80. :^(

They sent one of those emails with suggestions based on likes, but this one was specifically for that day only. Same thing happened with the Indiana Jones Bluray Collection for 19.99 a while back.

On the subject of The Wind Rises, with two completely opposing opinions, now I'm really intrigued! Have to wait until day off on Monday to watch it though :(

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Stop trolling.

It's his greatest intellectual achievement...2nd only to Nausiccä as far as his 'for grown ups' films go.

lol, I got downvoted to oblivion on reddit for saying 'I didn't like The Wind Rises, it was too boring and never picked up.' People thought I was trolling, too, when I was just...stating my opinion.

I understand everyone feels strongly about Miyazaki-sama and all, but that movie did not resonate with me at all.

Looking forward to seeing what Ren thinks, despite if he agrees with me or not.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
As far as miyazaki goes, I've seen his latest movies from poppy hill and where the heart is, also another one which I can't remember the name but all three are very laid back movies, no fantasy, more like everyday people situations with a touch of history going alongside. I liked them, the last movie I thought was like that but with a touch of fantasy was the cat returns, I love that character, he's just so snazzy, I love it. I have a feeling I'm gonna love the wind rises 'cause of my love for airplanes and the direction MIyazaki took with his later movies.

So if you guys wanna feel like shit for a couple hours wacth Grave of the Fireflies, fucking movie is sad as hell. Not a miyazaki movie but made by one of the miyazaki fellas. Great movie but damn it leaves a hole the size of a fist in your heart.

My favorite Miyazaki movie is probably Princess Mononoke.

Hey has anyone catch Conan the future boy? It's basically La Puta prototype story and characters, I preffer Conan but I loved Laputa (Castle in the sky), btw La Puta means The Whore, just no you know...oh and Putanesca means my dear whore, oh Italian is such a lovely language...whores are dear we should all know that, MIyazaki thinks so.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Started up season 2 of Psycho-Pass as enough episodes have stacked up

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member

I'm definitely going to check out Psycho-Pass. My wife keeps recommending it.. she says it's like the Matrix. I'm down. In the mood for something like that.

I'm about half way through Persona 4: Golden. Not sure I'm going to continue. It's just fan service for the game, not much added to it.

I'm on episode 20 of HunterXHunter and really digging it.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member

I'd agree with this statement. I loved The Wind Rises. Need to buy it ASAP.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
I'm definitely going to check out Psycho-Pass. My wife keeps recommending it.. she says it's like the Matrix. I'm down. In the mood for something like that.

I'm about half way through Persona 4: Golden. Not sure I'm going to continue. It's just fan service for the game, not much added to it.

I'd also say there's some Judge Dredd elements as well

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I watched Dallos last night which was apparently the first OVA ever made. It's not great by any means but Mamoru Oshii directed it so it's a interesting to watch from a historical perspective.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member

I'd also say there's some Judge Dredd elements as well

that's what I liked about the show, I can think of a handful of influences and things it reminded me of yet it still felt very unique. According to wiki, they were even inspired by LA Confidential.

I knew nothing of the persona 4 universe outside of the arena game, which I liked, but I couldnt get through more than 4 eps of the show, it was one of the most uninteresting things I've seen, even among other slice of life shows (which I didn't realize Persona was :scratch:)

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent

this season has been frustrating on an emotional level for me, I basically splurged on the first season and watched it all in about three days, and as far as my tastes in entertainment go I tend to really like to watch terrible people get what's coming to them, so far Season 2 hasn't delivered that and has been one episode of an inhuman monster doing terrible things with impunity after another, it's still really freaking good, but if the villain doesn't die horribly by the end I will probably be upset

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent

it's really more like a hardboiled noir mixed with, like Trey said, some Judge Dredd, in that the law enforcement is depicted more as people sent in to clean up the mess rather than solve any sort of problemm, and there's definitely some Phillip K Dick inspiration going on in it