What anime are you watching?

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Ping Pong is dope, I think I've only seen the first couple episodes. I really need to go back and finish it. I know it's dumb financially speaking but I've been buying the import blu-rays for GITS Arise because I can't wait for the localized ones.

I hear you, on both accounts.

Waiting for Funimation to get Arise out is painful, and what's worse is I can't seem to find a time frame for releasing the rest :/

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Good lookout for the cookout.

I maintain that OVA was the last of the 80s/90s styled ultraviolence. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

rgarla.tn550

New Challenger
I finally made my friend sit down and watch Giant Robo: the Day the Earth Stood Still. This show is wonderful. It really makes me miss all the money that was being thrown around on anime back in the day.

outlaw_moon

Marked Wolf
I finally made my friend sit down and watch Giant Robo: the Day the Earth Stood Still.

That show is the shiznit. I find myself struggling to find good anime these days. I pretty much watch out for the classics being released on BD. Very few good shows coming out now.

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
Just finished watching Cyber City OEDO the OVA series and it was awesome classic CyberPunk anime, I had know idea this was out there. Find it in HD on youtube.

rgarla.tn550

New Challenger
Just finished watching Cyber City OEDO the OVA series and it was awesome classic CyberPunk anime, I had know idea this was out there. Find it in HD on youtube.

It's from the same man who directed ninja scroll and Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust. I wish somebody would pick up this show again for release on Blu Ray. I doubt it will happen since the CPM DVD is still floating around really cheap.

Oh yeah those Penguindrum Blu rays are pretty terrible. It's a shame because I feel that is Ikuharas best show. Sentai has had a lot of problems with their Discs in the last few year; don't even get me started on their ninja scroll blu ray.

Last edited:

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
The only ongoing show I'm watching atm is Jojo

Spoiler:
Was really really bummed to see Iggy die in the recent ep :( I didn't care too much about avdol since it's technically the second time it's happened for him, I guess I was more shocked the first time.

Also started Akame ga Kill, but I'm not really sure what to think of it. It seems like a decent story, but being about assassins and murdering, there is a little too much tongue in cheek silliness that leaves me with an awkward feeling, gonna keep going though. So far I like it, but not loving it.

my back burner shows are still Rurouni Kenshin and Hokuto no Ken.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
It's from the same man who directed ninja scroll and Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust. I wish somebody would pick up this show again for release on Blu Ray. I doubt it will happen since the CPM DVD is still floating around really cheap.
I find i odd,nobody has tried to get the rights to release vampire hunter D on bluray.Not to mention on dvd D has since gone out of print.

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member

Spoiler:
Was really really bummed to see Iggy die in the recent ep :( I didn't care too much about avdol since it's technically the second time it's happened for him, I guess I was more shocked the first time.

Also started Akame ga Kill, but I'm not really sure what to think of it. It seems like a decent story, but being about assassins and murdering, there is a little too much tongue in cheek silliness that leaves me with an awkward feeling, gonna keep going though. So far I like it, but not loving it.

my back burner shows are still Rurouni Kenshin and Hokuto no Ken.

The series tends to kill main characters quite often so be prepared for that. Speaking of Jojo's, I'm hyped as fuck for the DIO fight.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member

Spoiler:

Kakyoin dies.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
Finished Devil Survivor 2. Can't believe how similar it was to Evangelion. Still very good though.

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor

Oh yeah those Penguindrum Blu rays are pretty terrible. It's a shame because I feel that is Ikuharas best show. Sentai has had a lot of problems with their Discs in the last few year; don't even get me started on their ninja scroll blu ray.

Agreed !! Now that I've seen it I want to get it on Blu, From what I've seen on the web it has a huge following for such a short series. Maybe well see it kickstarted like Bubble Gum Crisis Bluray was.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!

I watched most of the first disc and they look ok.
Not fantastic, but better than broadcast quality.

Might be because I used DVDFab to rip them first and watched them in Media Player Classic though.

I do see a little banding, but it's not terrible.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
You're obviously impervious to compression errors. Penguindrum is by far the worst Blu-ray I have ever seen in that department. Just terrible.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Don't bother with AoT, it just gets worse and worse as it goes along.

Thanks for the advice.

I'd still give it a chance Als, decide for yourself. Personally, I liked the show, and I found myself quite excited every week for the new episode. I can somewhat agree with Herb too, because the pacing is very slow and the story arcs got very drawn out.

yzrider926

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I find i odd,nobody has tried to get the rights to release vampire hunter D on bluray.Not to mention on dvd D has since gone out of print.
It's available for pre-order on Amazon and TheRightStuf.com. Not sure if Bloodlust is getting a new release however.

As far as AoT I like it. Got the blu-rays off of amazon. I do agree about the pacing, but being able to watch episodes back to back helps in that regard.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
It's available for pre-order on Amazon and TheRightStuf.com. Not sure if Bloodlust is getting a new release however.

As far as AoT I like it. Got the blu-rays off of amazon. I do agree about the pacing, but being able to watch episodes back to back helps in that regard.
Really good to know i wouldn't mind replacing my copy for bluray.Hmm,rightstuf and discotekmedia are the only ones that care about older shows&movies as of late.