What anime are you watching?

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Uh no, actually my wife watches it so I watch it with her.
That is, if that's ok with you?
Sorry my taste in anime differ from yours.

Dude, the first season or two of Inuyasha is a lot of fun to watch especially if you used to watch it as a kid or whatever. But yes, I mean, you have to put yourself in a 14 year old's head if you want to enjoy it I guess.

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
Hulu Currently has a BUNCH of old 80s stuff so I've been bingeing on BubleGum Crisis, all of PatLabor and Dominion Tank Police. A whole lotta "Shirow" . They also have Ghost in the Shell and Apple Seed, not to mention ALL of Fist of the Northstar series. Im probably forgetting some other favs too.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Hulu Currently has a BUNCH of old 80s stuff so I've been bingeing on BubleGum Crisis, all of PatLabor and Dominion Tank Police. A whole lotta "Shirow" . They also have Ghost in the Shell and Apple Seed, not to mention ALL of Fist of the Northstar series. Im probably forgetting some other favs too.

I just got hulu last week and am liking the selection of old as they use to call it before Anime was cool, Japanamation. Takes me back to my early years picking up random VHS tapes from Suncoast Video.

They also have Ninja Scroll. A personal favorite of mine. Wish they had vampire hunter d though.

xelement5x

Galford's Armourer
Started watching Magi season 2 and it's quite fun. Almost done with Kancolle as well.

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
I just got hulu last week and am liking the selection of old as they use to call it before Anime was cool, Japanamation. Takes me back to my early years picking up random VHS tapes from Suncoast Video.

They also have Ninja Scroll. A personal favorite of mine. Wish they had vampire hunter d though.

Ninja Scroll ! how did I forget that one !! great stuff, they rotate stuff as contract end and start so make sure to keep an eye out for rotation. Also I've noticed a ton of "Japanimation" era stuff both sub and dub on Youtube full length good quality. one account had tons like Area 88, Black Magic M-66, Lily Cats, 8Man, Gun Smith Cats and Battle Angel Alita. PM me if you can't find the Account.

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
I watched appleseed alpha yesterday, it looked pretty amazing, I really liked the motion capture work. Overall it was OK, there were too many stupid moments where you just say to yourself, Umm ok. I decided to watch the 2004 appleseed after and think that is still a better movie, going to watch the sequel this weekend if I get a chance. Has anyone watched the XIII TV series?

Last edited:

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
Untitled.png

My anime sense was telling me:
"Buy this now, it's going to go out of print soon!"

And lo and behold, the Japanese R1 set is now out of print, meaning the NA R1 print will be pulled in the next 2-3 months
Get it while you can, before it jumps to $150 each.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
It's a terrible, terrible release. Just watch the second episode; it has some of the worst compression errors I've ever seen on a Blu-ray.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
It's a terrible, terrible release. Just watch the second episode; it has some of the worst compression errors I've ever seen on a Blu-ray.

can't be worse than the bootleg VHS/Video CDs I was forced to watch for most stuff in the late 90s.
edit-
now that I've watched it, I can't even tell there's any issues on the second episode.
It compares favorably to the broadcast quality rips I have from the first airing.

Maybe they did a re-print that fixed it?

Last edited:

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
can't be worse than the bootleg VHS/Video CDs I was forced to watch for most stuff in the late 90s.
Yeah but that shit is unacceptable on an official release.

Fandangos

Hardened Shock Trooper
Started watching fullmetal alchemist brotherhood. It's an emotional and fast paced series. I'm enjoying it.

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I watched Violence Jack and Demon City Shinjuku this past week. Jack had too much weird hentai rape stuff but Demon City was alright.

fluxcore

Another Striker
Finished Hakyuu! (pretty good sports anime about volleyball), now watching One Outs! (which is surprisingly good - MIND. GAMES.)

rgarla.tn550

New Challenger
Dude, the first season or two of Inuyasha is a lot of fun to watch especially if you used to watch it as a kid or whatever. But yes, I mean, you have to put yourself in a 14 year old's head if you want to enjoy it I guess.

This show is pretty much the epitome of what I hate about the shonen action genre. Fist of the North star appeals to my inter 14 year old. When it was airing I kinda enjoyed it bit. I tried to rematch it a few years ago and made it 20ish episodes in before giving up.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
This show is pretty much the epitome of what I hate about the shonen action genre. Fist of the North star appeals to my inter 14 year old. When it was airing I kinda enjoyed it bit. I tried to rematch it a few years ago and made it 20ish episodes in before giving up.

Sounds about right. I only enjoy it because there's nostalgia associated with it. It's truly a bad show.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Devilman: Amon

I had no idea this existed. I have the original series on VHS from Manga Video.

Pretty gruesome.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
Started watching fullmetal alchemist brotherhood. It's an emotional and fast paced series. I'm enjoying it.

You should really watch the first Full Metal Alchemist 2003 anime up to the "split" where the stories diverges into bullshit.

Brotherhood glosses over a lot of important early stuff, as they assume you either watched FMA03 or read the manga.
FMA03 also has some non-manga stuff in it though, but up until maybe episode 11 or 15 it's fairly faithful.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I can't wait to watch Dragon Ball Super, complain about it on the internet, and then buy it on Blu Ray anyway.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
I've been really wanting to watch the original Dragon Ball for a while. Its been years.

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor

Sounds about right. I only enjoy it because there's nostalgia associated with it. It's truly a bad show.

Oh Lady , Gentleman come on , OUCH. I love Fist of the Northstar its great. I mean yeah Shonen shows do have that long dragging arc style to them but like you mentioned its classic. Im defiantly biased on FotNS but you should check out the 5 Fist movies that came out mid 2000's they basically do what the first International release FotNS Film did by summing up the whole series in one movie but this time they use each film to highlight a main character and a different part of the timeline each time. defiantly something i think you'd enjoy. it adds a new breath to the familiar with great art. Fist of the North Star: The Legends of the True Savior

I've been really wanting to watch the original Dragon Ball for a while. Its been years.
Its available on HULU

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Decided to try out Ping Pong the animation (love that sketch art style) and 009 Re:Cyborg while I wait for more GITS Arise Alternate Architecture.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Devilman: Amon

I had no idea this existed. I have the original series on VHS from Manga Video.

Pretty gruesome.
I love the ending. Wish i knew the name of that ending song.

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Decided to try out Ping Pong the animation (love that sketch art style) and 009 Re:Cyborg while I wait for more GITS Arise Alternate Architecture.

Ping Pong is dope, I think I've only seen the first couple episodes. I really need to go back and finish it. I know it's dumb financially speaking but I've been buying the import blu-rays for GITS Arise because I can't wait for the localized ones.