What anime are you watching?

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
A new free retro anime streaming service launched recently. (Yes, there are ads.) PC support is also coming soon.

https://www.retrocrush.tv/

omg!! i see LUM! i love urusei yatsura, and have been feeling annoyed with how difficult it seems to find the series with english subs in decent quality, other than buying an AES cart-priced DVD or Blu-Ray set. i will be watching out for the PC version of this!

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Shingeki No Kyojin Season 4 Episode 1 is out! I just watched it and I must say I think I'm really going to enjoy the final season. Up until recently I wasn't aware that there was a season 3 "part 2" and I had all but given up due to part 1 being drawn out and not really moving the plot forward much. But at the end of part 2 Eren's dad's basement is finally raided and I was pretty happy with how that turned out.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Shingeki No Kyojin Season 4 Episode 1 is out! I just watched it and I must say I think I'm really going to enjoy the final season. Up until recently I wasn't aware that there was a season 3 "part 2" and I had all but given up due to part 1 being drawn out and not really moving the plot forward much. But at the end of part 2 Eren's dad's basement is finally raided and I was pretty happy with how that turned out.

Mate I just want to know why you call it by the Japanese title instead of Attack on Titan.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
*shrugs* Dunno, always called it that since I first saw it. Would have shortened it to SNK but well...

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
Does anyone here watch haikyuu? The Volleyball anime? Its damn good. I recently got into it over the summer and watched it right up to its recent subbed episode which was amazing. I think the dub is on season 3 on Netflix and the sub is just wrapping up season 4. The manga comlleted recently but the anime is very gripping and is where its at. Very good characters and action for a sports anime.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Just got done watching the Berserk anime, 1997 version. After the ending, I don't feel like reading the manga or watching the movies. What a complete tragedy. It's depressing, lol.

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
Just got done watching the Berserk anime, 1997 version. After the ending, I don't feel like reading the manga or watching the movies. What a complete tragedy. It's depressing, lol.

The manga is definitely where its at. You wouldn't think they could go on from there but they do and do it well. Theres some long spots here and there but there is major payoffs too. And Guts and Griffith have some OP moments. Definitely worth a read though and the art is fantastic. Definitely a high quality series, the guy may die before he ever gets to finish it but some of the later chapters are picking up the pace. I wish I could read it again for the first time. Lucky you.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member

Congrats, you've seen the best part of Berserk. Just make it your head canon that Guts kills the God Hand afterwards and save your life energy for a work of art that has a definite ending. The creator made it clear in an interview 20 years ago he's going to keep writing Berserk for as long as he lives...which means only a chapter or two are released every year.

Spoiler:

MetalSludge

Armored Scrum Object
15 Year Member

It's depressing, but it says so much. The research the author put into the psychology of narcissistic individuals who come onto hard times and how they can descend while blaming everyone but themselves really shows. Unfortunately, my own family experienced a tragedy such that the story hits a bit close to home. So much of it felt very familiar to what can happen when someone you once loved goes off the deep end and betrays everyone.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
'Griffith did nothing wrong' is a meme, and a shitty one at that, but it does speak to the essence of establishing empathy for a character. You wish he hadn't done what he did but he also rose too fast and fell too hard. Couple that with a boundless ambition fueled by the God Hand's manipulation and you have a character that makes a decision that is equal parts understandable and unforgivable.

Also, Golden Age is NOT the best part of Berserk except in that it's the most well paced. The new characters shit all over the Band of the Hawk because they're actual characters and not merely tropey placeholders that provide a basic set of responses to Guts' decisions and actions. If they'd all had a 'Casca in the cave' moment, they might rival the likes of Skull Knight, Farneze, Shierke, Serpico and even Puck. The only major conpanion character that feels like a trope is Isidro, and I'm sure we'll get more of his story before it's all said and done.

Read the manga. Not only is it the best iteration of the story, it's the only one that counts. The first arc is rough because Miura is still getting hos sea legs for this voyage beneath him but after that it's pretty stellar.

And if you like Berserk, and especially the Golden Age arc, read Wolfsmund. It's even better than Berserk as a manga, IMO.

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
Also, Golden Age is NOT the best part of Berserk except in that it's the most well paced. The new characters shit all over the Band of the Hawk because they're actual characters and not merely tropey placeholders that provide a basic set of responses to Guts' decisions and actions. If they'd all had a 'Casca in the cave' moment, they might rival the likes of Skull Knight, Farneze, Shierke, Serpico and even Puck. The only major conpanion character that feels like a trope is Isidro, and I'm sure we'll get more of his story before it's all said and done.

Read the manga. Not only is it the best iteration of the story, it's the only one that counts. The first arc is rough because Miura is still getting hos sea legs for this voyage beneath him but after that it's pretty stellar.

Thank you for this. Saying the Golden age arc is the best arc shows a low attention span and generic I couldnt be bothered to get my feet wet attitude towards berserk. Aside from the ship voyage and mer people its all great. Bunch of good apostles to fan over too. The world changes and becomes much more fantasy oriented. Which allows much more crazy over the top moments. Griffith being the end all be all and even he gets humbled a few times. The mangas way too good to brush off.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Griffith has become the CCP. An evil, ruthless being that needs to die, but has brought a great prosperity to the land and if killed will plunge its land and people into chaos with countless deaths.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
I see this going one of two ways:

Casca's vision of caring for Griffith somewhere far from the world comes true and you find out the Griffith sitting at the table is purely human, absolved of his actions because he was duped by the God Hand the whole time and is fully healed as a person who accepts not being a king and Guts had sacrificed himself in some way to give the two people he loves the most a shot at a good life. Maybe he's fighting monsters endlessly in the spiral or something.

OR

Guts and his companions destroy the God Hand and ruin Falconia, humans rise up and slaughter that which they fear and the depressing messaging Guts said about people being miserable beings that will do anything to survive and destroy what they can't understand is reinforced. It's a new world and humans refuse to be dominated by others.

Either way, that Behelit Guts has kept in his pouch is going to play a role in things. Will he use it to gain the power he needs to triumph? Seems odd that he still has it...

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Watching The Big O with the family. It was an old guilty pleasure of mine that I felt like rewatching:

8fb9ec9dffcc2b7d7ea6d0bc0f2bc1e295364f2e_00.jpg

Last edited:

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Watching The Big O with the family. It was an old guilty pleasure of mine that I felt like rewatching:

8fb9ec9dffcc2b7d7ea6d0bc0f2bc1e295364f2e_00.jpg
I remember that being on Toonami, watched a couple episodes, figured "batman with a train mech" but never got into it. Decent story?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I think the last time I watched The Big O was in the summer of 2003. If I can remember correctly, the first season was ho-hum and the second season went full 'mInDfUcK' which was popular in a post-Eva world at the time.

What a ridiculous, cheap, and incredible opening it had, though.