What could cause MVS monitor color issues.

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
I've had lots of problems with this thing since I bought it. I'm finally getting most of the stuff worked out and now I'm running into this. It seems as if the color is out on one of the colors. The green seems to be non-existant.
r7vj9w.jpg

4vmsmw.jpg

My main board did get fried so I'm wondering if it might have caused this problem besides the no sound. The other thing is I just had someone recap the monitor as well as putting in a new flyback. Before that the monitor was perfect (besides the flyback blowing out). Now the guy who did it is experienced so I doubt it was any fault of him.

Last edited:

mikejmoffitt

Mickey's Coach
I see plenty of green, and no red.

One common thing is that the red signal wire on the MVS harness has broken somewhere, either at the edge card, along the way to the monitor, or at the monitor plug. Wiggle the plugs and see if it helps, and then you'll find your issue.

If that doesn't fix it, it is likely to be one of the driving transistors on the neck board of the CRT.

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Adjusted the monitor's settings?

Checked the wiring for the green at the jamma edge and at the monitor?

Have another pcb to test to narrow the problem down to the monitor or pcb?

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
I just ordered another MVS2 slot since I have bad audio anyway, so I will be able to test that. I've tried adjusting the colors but one of the dials seems to do nothing at all.

I'll try all the things mentioned here and get back if the problem persists.

Thanks guys!

tonycawa

n00b
This is a common problem and most of the time its a simple fix. Check out youtube as there are a lot of fixes there you can follow. http://youtu.be/mfVv5VXdjQk Some things to check right away is if the board is seated to the monitor, if all your RGB wires are connected on both ends. Checking to make sure you are getting voltage up to the board from the power supply. Check for neck glow etc... There are tons of things you can check easily so watch some videos and get to work lol. Then there is always the dreaded monitor cap kit that isn't really that big of deal to do yourself. Safety note: MAKE SURE YOU DISCHARGE YOUR MONITOR FIRST AND UNPLUG (http://youtu.be/mV9Td8vAb0Y)

everten

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
I had a monitor with no red and replacing the red transistor on the neck board fixed it. It could even be bad solder joints, try reflowing all the joints on the neck board first.