What do your current employers give to you for the holidays?

Cornerb0y

Krauser's Henchman
My company alternates between a fancy party then a family party at Dave & Buster's every other year. We had the fancy party this year. I drank free Makers Mark and enjoyed free food while hanging out with employees. They also hooked everyone up with a wooden box filled with goodies. Was a fun party all around!

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
nort you've been there a long time, geez, ever thought of job hopping somewhere else? best way to max salary instead of waiting for small annual raises.

Nah, I do Okay. Even in 2009 things got better and they ended up giving us bonuses in lieu of salary. Then I got a special salary bump+ another bonus to boot. I'm sitting at 9 weeks a year in total paid time off (Vacation, Sick, Holiday, Personal) and will be up to 10 weeks in a few years. That is hard to walk away from. That and when my partner got switched from 3rd shift to 2nd, they let me switch to 3rd even though they didn't need me for 3rd. And then when my 1st daughter is born and in the hospital for 2 months, they let me "Work from home" 3 days a week.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Nah, I do Okay. Even in 2009 things got better and they ended up giving us bonuses in lieu of salary. Then I got a special salary bump+ another bonus to boot. I'm sitting at 9 weeks a year in total paid time off (Vacation, Sick, Holiday, Personal) and will be up to 10 weeks in a few years. That is hard to walk away from. That and when my partner got switched from 3rd shift to 2nd, they let me switch to 3rd even though they didn't need me for 3rd. And then when my 1st daughter is born and in the hospital for 2 months, they let me "Work from home" 3 days a week.

You don't walk away when your employer is loyal to you. It's perks like these, unwritten ones, that are worth their weight in gold. Another 10-20k a year won't make up for that.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Ohh yeah, plus my boss is smarter than me. That's worth a lot.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
...and then there's the holiday party, usually new years day or so.
you get 3 bars worth of employees and SOs and tell them "free booze," shit gets weird

And yet I've actually seen you turn down free booze. To which I was told that's an unheard of event...

Gentle Ben

NAM-75 Vet
My job gives me a steady paycheck. That paycheck can be turned into money.
Money can be exchanged for goods and services!