What to do now?

Ben Richards

New Challenger
OK, First thing, I acknowledge I broke down and bought the Neo Geo Gold, as I love Neo Geo Games and I don't have allot of money for the old cart system and games that I used to have. I have enrolled myself in a 12 step Neo Geo Gold system group and dealing with this so PLEASE no smart remarks (Ok maybe a little!)

So am asking asking everyone and anyone, I bought 2 systems, one is the 337 and the other is 370. I haven't bought the new cart/s with the rocket cable as I have been weary with all of the trouble I heard was happening. With SNK dropping Tommo, I was hoping that something could be done with the system publically now. I am an underacheiver when it comes to modding the sd cards and would bick my system as soon as I tried anything, as I am awful with this. Is there anything I can do or send to get it to operate properly and play more games or allow it to function better? I know allot of people are in my shoes and yes, using it as a doorstop would probably be the best thing, but hey, I would like to get my money's worth out of it. Thank Goodness Yoshi41 told me and recommended a Sony Experia which I play Neo Geo games on all of the time now (Awesome). So please show mercy and hopefully someone can help point me in the right direction. Thanks to all!

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I hear there are some modded sd cards that allow you to use a regular micro sd to load roms ontio it. that could be an option although they can be pricy

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
If you're comfortable dismantling the unit, you can try flashing the bios yourself to get proper sound and resolution on your 337. If not (as you said you weren't), as was said SD mods do exist, and they can get pricey. You can buy em direct from http://www.alvicius.com/magic-microsd-adaptor-microsd-p-5272.html?osCsid=qq6hciv123mhh1dr58app5tlh4, and they're cheap there, but the shipping is murder. Worse comes to worse you could sell your 337 to get some return on buying a modded SD reader for your 370! But for the most hassle free option to use for more games, it's the simplest, best one. After you've got the reader, you can freely load games on any microSD card, pop it in the modded reader and use it exactly like you would your Ninja Master's gamecard. (after running your roms through a tool like ConvertX or FBACache. Anticipate being gouged for 50-60$.

And now we wait for Pipes...

Last edited:

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Fucking hell Ben, what's the matter with you? You saw that mountain of shit from a mile away and instead of running in the opposite direction you chose to dive in head first. You're all covered with shit now and you think a little deodorant is going to make everything better.

Thank Goodness Yoshi41 told me and recommended a Sony Experia which I play Neo Geo games on all of the time now (Awesome).

You seem to have your problem solved already. The only issue I see here is the fact that you're going to have a hard time selling those 2 gold turds. Enjoy your Experia.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
What to do now? Fear not, your salvation lies within...
Spoiler:
filepicker%2FAhdUCPlTgaQt6bS7hefY_noose.jpg

titan

n00b
how about selling me the 337 - i used to hack around in linuxes for a living

also my 370 keeps freezing after 15min ever time - and that male-gallus-domesticus-fellatioer of ebay seller tries to scam me out of a replacement

Erdmn

n00b
Fucking hell Ben, what's the matter with you? You saw that mountain of shit from a mile away and instead of running in the opposite direction you chose to dive in head first. You're all covered with shit now and you think a little deodorant is going to make everything better.

It's either that or drink Old English 800 out of a paper bag I suppose.

Ben Richards

New Challenger
Yep I'm really happy with the Sony, and should be getting a GCW. I guess I'll either sell it or like someone else said they were going to do with their's, sit it next it next to the crapper to play when you are taking a crap! Eh, play with crap as you are taking one! Thanks ggallegos and Danthos for the constructive replies and I guess I won't have much problem selling those golden turds, as I already have gotten several messages of people wanting to buy them.

pipes

Seriously Ben, since you have the Experia and soon the GCW, why would you even want to be in the same room as a Neo Geo X.

Do yourself a favor and pass the shame and pain over to some other unsuspecting bastards. Time to flush the turds.

Last edited:
The most obvious reason to update and use the NGX is that the microswitch d pad is far and away better than most d pads on emulator systems for neo geo games. I have looked for d pads like this one, which feels responsive like a neo geo pocket, but could never find another handheld with one. If you are ill at ease with opening your 337 to replace the internal sd and flash the firmware, you might be better suited to
A. Sell them and use your xperia
B. Get the Hacked SD card and play more games on the system even though the resolution wont be up to par.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Donate to goodwill and get some tax credit out of it. XD

pipes

Insert the Darth Vader mod to add rumble !

Wintermute is working on that very thing as we speak. I'm positive I read that in one of his many long-winded posts about modding Tommo handhelds.

Crazy Climber

New Challenger
Use your rage wisely. I found my benchpress went up while thinking of the NGX. You can also use it to yell at kids that walk on your lawn or maybe just save it up for something special like catching your wife with a black guy that has a way bigger dong than you or something...I don't know, just some ideas...
angry-dad-square.jpg

pipes

Use your rage wisely. I found my benchpress went up while thinking of the NGX. You can also use it to yell at kids that walk on your lawn or maybe just save it up for something special like catching your wife with a black guy that has a way bigger dong than you or something...I don't know, just some ideas...

I honestly don't know of any other handheld that actually helps guys cope with finding out their wives are banging huge black guys. Thank you Tommo.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
The handheld in question would be a pistol. XD