What to drink

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
More research suggesting that artificial sweeteners actually lead to you consuming more calories in the long term:

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-artificial-sweeteners-may-cause-us-to-eat-more/

However, full sugar drinks make up an enormous chunk of empty calories:

http://www.webmd.com/diet/sodas-and-your-health-risks-debated?page=2

And water is miserable:

http://www.ihaventgotasourcebutitjustis/fuckoffwaterisgreatfaggots/

So what exactly am I supposed to drink? Tea or coffee with no sugar and that's it? I don't even like hot drinks.

Anyone got a secret sweetener free, low sugar drink they swear by that doesn't taste like shit? Also has to be alcohol free, for the mornings.

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Drink Fiji Water for the aesthetics.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
artificial sweeteners are fine, provided you have the willpower to not overeat and stick to your diet.

I dropped soda and made beer a once a month thing and lost a bunch of weight.
I drink crystal light drinks most of the time, and I haven't had any problems with my diet plan because I've stuck to it.

Also, that study was mostly concerned with fruit flies and mice, and even says that you shouldn't correlate the findings to humans.

Last edited:

StevenK

10 Year Member
I don't really want to have to have the willpower to defeat the cravings they cause. I'd rather just not have the cravings in the first place.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I just drink water on the regular. When I have my coffee I drink it straight up with no sugar. If your looking to drop weight anything artifical is shit.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I don't get how people say drinking water is miserable or tastes like shit. It doesn't taste like anything and it's the easiest thing to drink.

StevenK

10 Year Member
I don't get how people say drinking water is miserable or tastes like shit. It doesn't taste like anything and it's the easiest thing to drink.

Is tasteless and easy to eat what you look for in your food?

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I'm a soda addict in rehab. I'll gladly admit that I'm totally addicted to the shit, I'd drink it every day if the shit wasn't so damn bad for me. Fuck diet soda, that shit is for quitters...and faggots...

Now...I have coffee in the morning and mostly water all day. I do like plain iced tea on occasion. I'm often sad.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member

I feel like I've heard this a LOT more recently for some reason. Still not sure how someone can not like the taste of water.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
I ended up getting my own kit to carbonate water and occasionally buy bag-in-box diet syrups. Using the syrup, I can reduce the strength of the flavor so it's not as intense. Diet root beet with the normal 5:1 ratio has a nasty aftertaste, but at 6:1 it's very refreshing.
The carbonation eliminates any cravings, since the carbonation fills you up and triggers the "I'm full" feeling in your stomach.

Carbonated diet lemonade is pretty good, too.

The flavor of water varies greatly depending on where you live and where your municipality supplies it from.

I have a reverse osmosis tank under my kitchen sink, so my water is pretty decent, and it feeds into my ice maker too. Ice water is lovely.

Last edited:

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
artificial sweeteners are fine, provided you have the willpower to not overeat and stick to your diet.

I dropped soda and made beer a once a month thing and lost a bunch of weight.

I drink crystal light drinks most of the time, and I haven't had any problems with my diet plan because I've stuck to it.

Also, that study was mostly concerned with fruit flies and mice, and even says that you shouldn't correlate the findings to humans.

I second this, crystal light is a petty good replacement if you have to have a sweet drink. Sure it's got artificial sweeteners but there is no real facts proving diet drinks is why people are fat. Fat people are the largest consumer of diet drinks so it looks like there is a correlation but truth is fat people eat and drink diet foods because they are fat typically.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I like me some unsweetened iced tea. Red, green, black, it doesn't matter.

I also like the sparkling waters, mostly because they trick my dumb brain into thinking we're having soda, but it's just fizzy water. Usually does the trick when I'm wanting something sweet too, oddly enough.

Though, I will partake in the occasional shit-for-you-soft-drink... cause I'm weak and come from poor-stock.

Last edited:

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Drink whiskey you nerd

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Is tasteless and easy to eat what you look for in your food?

During the week yes. In order to maintain my weight I usually eat stuff like greek yogurt, turkey or tuna on whole wheat with no condiments or dressings of any kind. I eat fruit when I have sugar cravings, apples, peaches, watermelon, etc. For dinner it's usually lean meats like turkey, chicken, fish, steak, with a little rice on the side. And I don't add any salt, gravy or anything like that. Will sauté some onions or mushrooms and put that instead if I feel like doing it. In order to maintain my weight I have to sacrifice cretain things from my diet. My weekend is different and I do enjoy some tastier food but Soft Drinks like Soda, Snapple, Lemonade, etc are pretty much off limits all the time. Better off waisting my Calories on beer and hard liquor than that shit.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Lipton Citrus Diet Green Tea.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
I've been using a fruit infuser thing for water. I just cut up some oranges or lemons and drop it in a pitcher and I get some nice orange/lemon/rasperry/dick flavored water.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
if the choice is
zero calorie artificial sweeteners VS Sugar, you take the chemical in a can.

it doesn't matter if it may lead to you ingesting more calories. also that it kinda bullshit science. It's poor science at best.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Diet anything is bad for you. There's reasons why they keep changing the sweetener every few years all that shit ends up causing other health issues. Even stay away from corn syrup drinks like regular soda. Drink regular sugar soft drinks. Pepsi pretty much carries their throwback all year long now. If that isn't available drink mexican soda's they always have regular sugar. The regular sugar sodas taste so much better IMHO.

Have ice cold water on demand is key. Room temp water sucks anus. And you're forgetting the biggest tastiest drank that's better than any soda.
60bbcfd6b5f0780a8566c6c08985e7d4.jpg

You'll never get bored and you can control how much sugar is in it.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Diet anything is bad for you. There's reasons why they keep changing the sweetener every few years all that shit ends up causing other health issues. Even stay away from corn syrup drinks like regular soda. Drink regular sugar soft drinks. Pepsi pretty much carries their throwback all year long now. If that isn't available drink mexican soda's they always have regular sugar. The regular sugar sodas taste so much better IMHO.

Have ice cold water on demand is key. Room temp water sucks anus. And you're forgetting the biggest tastiest drank that's better than any soda.
View attachment 37444

You'll never get bored and you can control how much sugar is in it.

this is also all misinformation. Sugar is much a poison to your body as any of the sweeteners. There is absolutely nothing wrong with corn syrup or HFCS. It's only more prevalent because of the imposed pricing on imported sugar. ya know, to protect all 10 of the sugar farmers in the US.