What're you using to mount your steering wheel??

Rassilon

Angel's Love Slave
I'm looking for a table or tray or something to attach my steering wheel to (Driving force pro). Needs to be fairly sturdy, as i like to turn the force feedback to high/strong.

I want something i can pull up to my couch, and can buy, preferably online (i dont have the time to build something from scratch these days).

Anyone have any suggestions and/or pictures of what youre using?

Cheers!

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Shoot,I used to have pictures of my Driving force set-up..

I was using a Cast Iron end table that was left here when I moved here....That sucker is heavy and doesn't move around,it's high enough to
It had a bar underneath to push the pedals up against....It worked out great but I've since took it apart..(comes apart)

I've put the wheel on my computer table,a kitchen chair,step ladder..tried all kinds of crap..

Rassilon

Angel's Love Slave

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
I have a wood fold out table(CVS $10.00) that I was using for a quick-wheel set-up....It looks to be much heavier then that and more sturdy..It holds one of my 50 pd pocket bikes so it's pretty strong.

Problem is like the table in that link,It's too light and unstable for a force feedback wheel.
If I whip the wheel to the side,there goes the table..I actually put heavy items on the table to try and keep it from moving .

The pedal,sliding is a pain in the ass..with that table mate your going to need to find a way to keep the pedals from sliding away.

The cheapo table I have has wood rods across the bottom that I jam the pedals up against.
The table would be great if it was heavy..(maybe if I had a steal base to attach to the bottom..

Not this one but something like this..in this general shape....(mine has wood going across the bottom)
http://www.balinesefurnitures.com/bali_outdoor_furniture/product_187.html

My step Dads brother uses a School desk...
ed_2.JPG

Then he built a second table using a seat from a car,attaching it to another School desk.....I never knew the dude was into games until I saw those set-ups in his basement..

I'd like to make or get something like this..(I've seen other types/better ones)
GAMESTER RACING STEERING WHEEL & SEAT RACE PACK NEW Item number: 220070894729

http://cgi.ebay.com/GAMESTER-RACING-STEERING-WHEEL-SEAT-RACE-PACK-NEW_W0QQitemZ220070894729

WOW!
http://www.pooltablesusa.com/pro-racing-video-game-simulation-system/

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Go to the salvation army or goodwill, find an old desk or hallow table and fill it with bricks.

legendofspeed

B. Jenet's Firstmate
I'm just using the second part of my L-Desk, I just have to nudge the glass onto the rubber seperators and I'm good to go :tickled:

Old picture (better setup now, too lazy to retake)

newracingsetup.JPG

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Great Sellers (in no particular order):

•Stinky-Dinkins
•Bokmeow

that's one hell of list

I'm glad you specified that it's not any particular order

The Drizzle

Whip's Subordinate
legendofspeed said:
I'm just using the second part of my L-Desk, I just have to nudge the glass onto the rubber seperators and I'm good to go :tickled:

Old picture (better setup now, too lazy to retake)

newracingsetup.JPG

Wow you actually bought a horizontal ps2 stand. :lol:

Piratero

Street Hoop Star
15 Year Member
Odd question here, but is there any game and steering wheel + pedals that actually simulates the clutch + manual transmission realistically?

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
Rassilon said:
Saw this thing: http://www.tablemate2.com/scripts/cgiip.exe/WService=tablemate/itemdetl.html?item=6-TM2WG-213
Looks super cheap, but if its stable enough it'd be perfect for what i want right now...
Anyone actually have one, or at least seen one in person?

I just need something temporary, preferably that can be used as a table/tray for other things as well.
After i move (again) in a year or 2, i'll try to get something serious put together...

I have almost the exact same thing. Mine is a tablemate, but the table part is all white plastic.

Works perfectly with the GT Force Pro, and I can hide it away pretty easily so it keeps the wife happy.

It is perfectly stable.

I got it via 通販 in Japan.

legendofspeed

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Piratero said:
Odd question here, but is there any game and steering wheel + pedals that actually simulates the clutch + manual transmission realistically?

Live For Speed and Toca 3 I believe. Be sure to turn off auto-blip for Live For Speed for analog clutch action with the Logitech G25 Steering Wheel

I don't get the comment about the horizontal stand. The PS2 gets fairly warm and a glass stand doesn't help. The horizontal stand raises the PS2 off the ground with little rubber stoppers. And what else can I say, it was only $5 and I like the color blue? :conf:

As for my signature... what the hell does that have to do with this thread? That "no particular order" is just a subtle joke; so what if I have a weird sense of humor - SUE ME! :blow_top:

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Awesome Set-up!!

legendofspeed..

What do you do with pedals,how do you keep them from moving..

I figure you'd have them up against the wall,but I'm not sure how far your desk is from the wall.

Rassilon

Angel's Love Slave
hanafudaX said:
I have almost the exact same thing. Mine is a tablemate, but the table part is all white plastic.

Works perfectly with the GT Force Pro, and I can hide it away pretty easily so it keeps the wife happy.

It is perfectly stable.

I got it via 通販 in Japan.
Sweet, thats what i like to hear. I'll grab this tablemate thing (i picked the wood color one, as it looks slightly less cheap...).
I usually dont have any trouble with the pedals moving, they seem to grip pretty well on the carpet.

I'll get a nice cockpit setup at my next place (space allowing...)

Thanks guys!

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Rassilon said:
Sweet, thats what i like to hear. I'll grab this tablemate thing (i picked the wood color one, as it looks slightly less cheap...).
I usually dont have any trouble with the pedals moving, they seem to grip pretty well on the carpet.

I'll get a nice cockpit setup at my next place (space allowing...)

Thanks guys!

LMK how you like it,when you get...

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Legendofspeed, you have a IIDX ASC? I hate you. And simultaneously love you.

edit: are you on VJ Army?

legendofspeed

B. Jenet's Firstmate
chris1 said:
legendofspeed..

What do you do with pedals,how do you keep them from moving..

I figure you'd have them up against the wall,but I'm not sure how far your desk is from the wall.

The pedals for the Driving Force Pro and the G25 steering wheel has a row of spikes that you can use if you play on the carpet such as I do:

dfpro010.jpg