what's the deal with League of Legends?

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
heard some people at work talking about it the other day and the super-serious way they were going on was akin to rabid sports fanatic talk

i looked up some information about it and i got that same serious vibe from everywhere

saw some videos and it looked fun enough for sure, but i was curious if anyone here plays it and could tell me a bit more about it (i don't have any intention of playing but it has piqued my interest)

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
It's a free-to-play, team-based, arena battle, strategy game, from an over-the-top perspective. The goal interim goal is to kill CPU-controlled dudes as well as enemy player-controlled dudes enough that you gain enough currency and character experience to build your character into a strong enough form that you in combination with your team can achieve the ultimate goal of destroying the enemy's base.

Because each character in the game has its own unique strategies and there's a synergy and counter-play with so many other characters in the game due to the shear number of characters available, and because LoL being a team game where teamwork is vital to success, you have a competitive and watchable experience for both players and spectators.

Barring all that, fuck LoL go play Dota2 lol.

:D

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
The game is a lot of fun. Find some friends to play with since the community kind of sucks.
I could never take the game THAT seriously, but the tournament scene is huge.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Playerbase is worse than WoW's, that's all you need to know.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
It's all my brother does, so I naturally steer clear of it.

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
I've never played the game, but all of its fans/players in these parts are as bad as people who play in Magic: the Gathering tournaments.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I've never played the game, but all of its fans/players in these parts are as bad as people who play in Magic: the Gathering tournaments.

I reject your comparison.

At least MtG players have to leave their house to play.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I reject your comparison.

At least MtG players have to leave their house to play.

hahaha now normally I would agree but last week I was in detroit for a wedding and went to a place that has a lot of used games and I wasn't able to get to them because the had a MTG tourney going on. How dare those nerds keep me from my nerd hobby.

ps I may be very drunk

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I don't even really like MtG but I'm just saying it's better than shit like LoL.