When does Street Fighter Aniversary XBox US really come out?

gmfuss

Kula's Candy
I went to 2 game stores on my lunch break, a Gamestop and a Game Crazy, both didnt have the game, and both knew nothing about it coming out. The Game Crazy found a release date of today but a backorder from the distributer. They sad call in in a week and see if a new release date is posted. Anyone know what the story is, I am hoping it is just retards that work at these stores.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
At ebworld, it usually comes out 2-3 days after the date posted on their website, which is the shipping date for pre-orders. They usually act like homos and ask you if you've got a pre-order if you come in around that time though, and then try to sell you an opened copy for full price.

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
I don't think any of the shipments to the game stores operated on this Monday, due to the holiday. I'd expect them tomorrow.

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
Just wait a day after it says its shipping. So if ebgames.com says its shipping on tuesday that means it will be at the store wednesday.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Mr.Nemoperson said:
Just wait a day after it says its shipping. So if ebgames.com says its shipping on tuesday that means it will be at the store wednesday.

I love* it when a game is legitimately** delayed/late, and they say "well, thats the day it ships, so...." Sometimes when it is clearly not true...not their fault but I enjoy the spin sometimes, followed by the "do you want to put $5 down to gurantee a copy..." bit.

*want to rip heads off and spit down throats

**god only knows

genjuro1

Ninja Combat Warrior
I was in Gamestop yesterday, and it was posted on the upcoming releases: XBOX Street Fighter Anniversay Collection - 2/23

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
pixeljunkie said:
I love* it when a game is legitimately** delayed/late, and they say "well, thats the day it ships, so...." Sometimes when it is clearly not true...not their fault but I enjoy the spin sometimes, followed by the "do you want to put $5 down to gurantee a copy..." bit.

*want to rip heads off and spit down throats

**god only knows

Yeah I just went through that today with Gran Turismo 4. I was driving by EB and figured I might as well look. I asked the store clerk if he got it in yet and surprise surprise it wasnt. Then I got the old "if you preorder it now we can guarntee you a copy blahh blahh blahh". My eyes just sort of glazed over till he was done. Im sure they are going to have like 500 copies tomorrow. I dont even think GTA:SA sold out the first day at this store. The only game Iv had sold out on me was Metal Slug X for xbox. And that was cause SNK only shipped like 3 to every store.
Then I asked if he was getting in the Tekken 5/joystick bundle. The clerk smiled and said "nope but if you preorder now we will definitely get one for you". So I put ten buck down on that instead.

gmfuss

Kula's Candy
Mr.Nemoperson said:
Yeah I just went through that today with Gran Turismo 4. I was driving by EB and figured I might as well look. I asked the store clerk if he got it in yet and surprise surprise it wasnt. Then I got the old "if you preorder it now we can guarntee you a copy blahh blahh blahh". My eyes just sort of glazed over till he was done. ..

That is another odd thing, both stores had GT4, but no one was aware of SFA.

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
GT4 counts in the elusive list of high profile games that stores bend over backwards to get on ship date. If anything, that would've come in.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Yea, I was pretty pissed too. I called up all the EB Games here in town and Gamestop and they didn't have it in today either. It was supossed to be in today, but of course none of the wokers could tell me crap about it. Thanks alot EB Games for having a release date, then slacking off.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
i wish the industry as a whole was more like movie and music [ONLY in terms of release dates!] So major chains like Best Buy, etc. would get a game in on Tuesday or whatever the release date is like clockwork, and you could walk in with money and go home with game and not have some creepy guy who has never touched a vagina tell me why I don't have the game in my hand and ask me if I want the strategy guide or to pre-order Halo 3.

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
This happens with every non major release game.

The ship date is not the in store date.

This still surprises/pisses off some of you?

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
buttasuperb said:

No dumbass. The ship date was 2/21/05, and that means the next day it comes out. It's 2/22/05, hence the game should be out. Get it?

gmfuss

Kula's Candy
pixeljunkie said:
i wish the industry as a whole was more like movie and music [ONLY in terms of release dates!] So major chains like Best Buy, etc. would get a game in on Tuesday or whatever the release date is like clockwork, and you could walk in with money and go home with game and not have some creepy guy who has never touched a vagina tell me why I don't have the game in my hand and ask me if I want the strategy guide or to pre-order Halo 3.

Couldnt have said it better......

gmfuss

Kula's Candy
buttasuperb said:

Yes, considering this is the first game in 8 months I actually wanted enough to get it on the "release" date.

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
Reminds me of when GG#R came out. No one at any store knew that it was coming out much less did they even know a date.

wookiewombat

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
What you guys gotta realize is that if it says 2/22 on a website and says "shipping date for pre-orders" that means they are getting it on the 23rd like everyone else. in the computers at EB it gives us a date, not a shipping date. How can you blame the employes? I dont know, i just hear this shit all the time at work and its not our fault. we dont fucking produce the game and ship it out. We give you the same info that we get. And Gran Turismo 4 got same day shipping, so call your EBs tonight, they should have it.

Freelancer

Banned
wookiewombat said:
What you guys gotta realize is that if it says 2/22 on a website and says "shipping date for pre-orders" that means they are getting it on the 23rd like everyone else. in the computers at EB it gives us a date, not a shipping date. How can you blame the employes? I dont know, i just hear this shit all the time at work and its not our fault. we dont fucking produce the game and ship it out. We give you the same info that we get. And Gran Turismo 4 got same day shipping, so call your EBs tonight, they should have it.

We demand better and more knowledgeable service.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
FatGuy said:
The import was not region coded. Its serves you slackers right.

PLATINUM!

:whart: :whart: :whart:

I want that shit in the hands of as many scrubs as possible, ASAP.

Plisken

Snaaaaaaake!,
even the pal version was region free, and that came out last october.