When does Street Fighter Aniversary XBox US really come out?

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
wookiewombat said:
What you guys gotta realize is that if it says 2/22 on a website and says "shipping date for pre-orders" that means they are getting it on the 23rd like everyone else. in the computers at EB it gives us a date, not a shipping date. How can you blame the employes? I dont know, i just hear this shit all the time at work and its not our fault. we dont fucking produce the game and ship it out. We give you the same info that we get. And Gran Turismo 4 got same day shipping, so call your EBs tonight, they should have it.

pixeljunkie said:
...not their fault

Its just annoying as hell and MOST [not all mind you] shop employees add to that annoyance. I have a couple friends that have worked at Gamestop...cool guys, I liked dealing with them exclusively. But JEEEEZ some of them out there [my local EBGames] are UNBEARABLE.

wookiewombat

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
pixeljunkie said:
Its just annoying as hell and MOST [not all mind you] shop employees add to that annoyance. I have a couple friends that have worked at Gamestop...cool guys, I liked dealing with them exclusively. But JEEEEZ some of them out there [my local EBGames] are UNBEARABLE.
dont get me wrong, a lot of them are fucking douches and cock suckers. I personally hate retail and only work there because its fucking easy as shit and some part of me likes dealing with stupid people and laughing at them in subtle ways *must be a sick tendence* But i cant stand the fucks who just like always talk up pre-orders and try and sell those game play guarantees. HA! those are a fucking scam and a half. Fuck EB Games but it pays the bills :buttrock:

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
It will be in stores Thursday 2/24/05 and I wouldn't expect to see tekken 5 before next Wednesday 3/2/05. Unless Namco has already shipped orders, :spock: did stores get GT4 in today.

gmfuss

Kula's Candy
neo_X7 said:
It will be in stores Thursday 2/24/05 and I wouldn't expect to see tekken 5 before next Wednesday 3/2/05. Unless Namco has already shipped orders, :spock: did stores get GT4 in today.

Could have bought either GT4 or Tekken 5 today at 2 different stores, but neither had or knew of SFA.

daybona

Juz,
Freelancer said:
We demand better and more knowledgeable service.

Don't expect much for 6.25 an hour.

(And just so you know, the reason a game like SFAC didn't come in today is because its only retailing for 29.99. All value priced new releases get 2 day shipping because it is more cost effective. Oops, I forgot all game store employees are ignorant ass holes, I'll get back in character.)

Fuck you man!

:kekeke:

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
gmfuss said:
Could have bought either GT4 or Tekken 5 today at 2 different stores, but neither had or knew of SFA.

Tekken 5 was released today? I thought it was coming in at the end of the week or so... Did you see it on the shelf?

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
gmfuss said:

So Tekken 5 shipped even earlier? :spock:

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
Jedah Doma said:
Middle of the page:

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categories/products/deptpage.asp?wherefrom=newrelease

Street Fighter Anniversary Collection with Bonus
Released on 2/21/2005

Thank you for being a dumbass.

Everytime I checked it at eb, it said preorder ships 2/22.

But yea, eb is always right.

Obviously it wasn't released 2/21 dumbfuck.

When was GGX2#Reload out? A Wednesday.

When was Capcom Fighting Evolution out? A Wednesday.

icon25.gif
indeed.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
buttasuperb said:
Everytime I checked it at eb, it said preorder ships 2/22.

But yea, eb is always right.

Obviously it wasn't released 2/21 dumbfuck.

When was GGX2#Reload out? A Wednesday.

When was Capcom Fighting Evolution out? A Wednesday.

icon25.gif
indeed.

So because your EB is slow and can't get things right, then you somehow got it right? Please, you got put in your place dumbass. It was 2/21/05 and now you pitiful little shit about when EB puts them out doesn't matter. My beef was with when the website said the game would be out. Please give me another weak excuse butta. It's entertaining.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADIES

Don't make me pull this thread over so I can spank the tar out of you two bitches.

Settle it like men, play on Live, report the results here.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Loopz said:
LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADIES

Don't make me pull this thread over so I can spank the tar out of you two bitches.

Settle it like men, play on Live, report the results here.

Please, I've already whopped his ass in CvS2 already. If he wants another match, he knows where to find me.

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
Jedah Doma said:
So because your EB is slow and can't get things right, then you somehow got it right? Please, you got put in your place dumbass. It was 2/21/05 and now you pitiful little shit about when EB puts them out doesn't matter. My beef was with when the website said the game would be out. Please give me another weak excuse butta. It's entertaining.

hahahahahahah

do you have the game yet?

wookiewombat

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Jedah Doma said:
i dont think ive ever seen somone so angry over a game thats been out region free in japan for a few months and out on ps2 already. an its only "late" 2 days. wow....

Hikaru Ichijyo

Thundercock,
daybona said:
Don't expect much for 6.25 an hour.

(And just so you know, the reason a game like SFAC didn't come in today is because its only retailing for 29.99. All value priced new releases get 2 day shipping because it is more cost effective. Oops, I forgot all game store employees are ignorant ass holes, I'll get back in character.)

Fuck you man!

:kekeke:

LOL, good stuff daybona :)

Gamestop and EB are virtually identical anymore. I'm thinking the higher ups in both of those companies don't even realize they actually sell video games, they just want to push numbers and percentages. They've brow beaten the new hires in the last few years to do nothing but push numbers, push numbers, and oh yeah..push numbers.

Honestly, how many times have you walked into a Gamestop or EB and gotten harrassed about pre-ordering a title? You can't even ask a question without "well if you want, you can pre-order it" tacked on the end. The employee "helping" you usually isn't there to look out for you, most of em haven't played alot of the games people come in to buy outside of a list of like 20 or so "A-List" titles the company hypes every calendar year. He/She is there to get a reservation out of the customer or perhaps a subscription to the Game Informer. The Powers That Be have decreed from On High that it's not the GAMES that are important, but the NUMBERS.

Every mother fucking week I'm innundated by the fat cow that is my assistant manager about the numbers for the fucking week. I go into a tirade about how I don't work for RESERVATIONSTOP or SUBSCRIPTIONSTOP and her eyes just glaze over and I get the deer in headlights look. Now I'm not going to lie, I've sold my fair share of subscriptions and convinced my fair share of customers to pre-order games because at the heart of the matter, they actually are good services that were invented to help the customer. The problem's become that the companies, both EB and Gamestop, have become SO fixated on these services that they've lost sight of things.

I know I'm digressing but the point is, in the grand scheme of things of numbers and percentages, unless they got ALOT of reservations for Street Fighter Anniversary Collection (which they did not), then the urgency on their part to make sure it ships and gets there on the day they said it will decreases greatly. The first strike against the title is it's price point. As daybona pointed out, it's not priced to where they'll make a killing on it and it's what is considered a "Budget title" to our company. As a result as he said, they use a slower rate of shipping to save money.

The second strike is the fact that it's a NEW title and not a USED title. Until someone trades that non A-List title in, they could care less if you bought it new or not. Actually, they'd rather you NOT buy it NEW if a used copy is on hand. They've got the monkeys trained to look for a used copy of the game and then say they have it used to 1) try and sell it 'cuz the margin of profit is higher and 2) segway it into the Game Informer subscription pitch.

Then there's this new development I've seen taking place in the last couple of years where they've got new hires brainwashed into telling people it's actually smarter to buy used! I was in another Gamestop on the other end of our district a little while back and listened to a conversation between the employee and a guy and the employee was going on and on about how he never buys new, would never buy new, and how used was the way to go. I seriously wanted to reach over the counter and slap the numbskull upside the head. I really have no problem buying used, I do it all the time. But to say Used is the way to go and buying new is dumb...Un-fucking-real!

Okay, I'm digressing again....in a nutshell, that's why Gamestop and EB aren't on the ball with shipping your coveted Street Fighter Anniversary Collection for Xbox on time. This is the sad state that the video game industry is in on retail end of things and it doesn't look to be changing anytime soon. The really sad thing is some of these business practices are creeping into other businesses. Nothing like stuffing myself silly at Cracker Barrel and then when I'm ringing out being suggestive sold a fucking candy bar I couldn't possibly eat.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
buttasuperb said:
Where, on DOAU? :kekeke:

Yep, boy, you're still as perceptive as ever. Indeed, I play DOAU. That was some l33t ownage. Just send me an invite to CvS2 (if you're ready for a beat down). I'll be getting SF:AC tomorrow or the next day and I'll beat you down in that game also (if you ever get on Live which you never do).

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Meh, my EB always gets their games the day after the release date posted on their website. Unless, of course, it's a AAA title...they usually next-day overnight those games. It'll be out today, no worries. See you beyatches online tonight, yo.