Where to place Next-Gen Consoles? Cast your vote please.

Where does Next-Gen Consoles forum belong?

• In the trash bin, merge it back with Unrelated.

Votes: 23 35.9%
  • As a sub forum of Unrelated to help keep that active forum less cluttered.

Votes: 11 17.2%
  • Should have it's own forum under the Gaming category just as it was for the recent past.

Votes: 27 42.2%
  • Let the mods decide, they know best.

Votes: 3 4.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shawn

snkusa.com
The Next-Gen Consoles forum was originally created around the time the PS3 and Wii were being hyped before their release. These rampant new threads were cluttering up the Unrelated forum which warranted the creation of said forum. Recently, we took a mod vote and decided it was time to move the Next-Gen Consoles forum back to Unrelated as a sub-forum. If the members prefer otherwise then we will make that change. Your vote decides.

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
Woo, first vote!

I say merge it back into Unrelated. It's already a subforum, which is kind of a pain in the ass enough. People already post next (current?) gen threads in Unrelated. Merging it back in would probably be the best move, Unrelated has been a little dull lately.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
voted a)

not really a fan of having unrelated with subforums

at the moment unrelated has an 'unrelated' subforum :spock:

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I bet we'll still have at least two separate threads even if we have Next Gen the way it is now being a subforum of Unrelated.

Just get rid of Next Gen completely so we can have only one thread for each piece of new gaming news rather than multiples.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
I like the Next Gen forum.

It s a gaming forum and without it Unrelated would be too hard to keep up with. Unrelated is a trash bin of everything else in today's world which is already a ton of stuf.

This is a gaming forum so there is plenty of talk. The Music forum on the other hand, is truly unnecessary.

ray_7

Just like before when it was moved... I was so used to clicking in that location, after I checked the Handheld section...

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
Is it that important really?

Personally, the only thing I click on is "New Posts"...

PrOzErG

Sacrifice is pleasure, , ,
Shawn said:
The Next-Gen Consoles forum was originally created around the time the PS3 and Wii were being hyped before their release. These rampant new threads were cluttering up the Unrelated forum which warranted the creation of said forum. Recently, we took a mod vote and decided it was time to move the Next-Gen Consoles forum back to Unrelated as a sub-forum. If the members prefer otherwise then we will make that change. Your vote decides.

I say merge it back, on a side note I have been trying to contact you for at least 2 months sent you countless emails, ICQ, private messages on forum. Whats going on?

Shawn

snkusa.com
PrOzErG said:
I say merge it back, on a side note I have been trying to contact you for at least 2 months sent you countless emails, ICQ, private messages on forum. Whats going on?

I found your PM, replied just now. Never received any of your ICQs, but that would be best. Please try again!

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
lithy said:

It s a gaming forum and without it Unrelated would be too hard to keep up with. Unrelated is a trash bin of everything else in today's world which is already a ton of stuf.

This is a gaming forum so there is plenty of talk. The Music forum on the other hand, is truly unnecessary.

My thoughts exactly.

I don't really care where it's placed, but it does seem to get noticed more since the move.

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
lithy said:

I was about to post something to this effect, but lithy beat me to it.

So err... yeah. What he said.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
incinerator holmes. all the threads in there are about music, and new games that no one will click on or read about unless they're in unrelated because well that's where everyone goes.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I voted for option 3, keep Next-Gen but put it back as its own forum.

As for Music...axe it.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
lithy said:

Exactly... Put it back where it was. It was good there.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
I liked it better where it was originally.

Honestly, it could replace the KoF forum, which doesn't get nearly enough traffic to justify it's own existence.

galfordo said:

Honestly, it could replace the KoF forum, which doesn't get nearly enough traffic to justify it's own existence.

I say put it back to where it was. I rather enjoyed coming here and not having to sift through garbage in the Unrelated forum to find modern gaming related threads.

It could replace a forum less important than KoF though, like International. We could just blow the International forums up.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
galfordo said:

I think we should get rid of 24-bit more so than KOF.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
As of right now, the first 5 (non stickied) threads in unrelated concern the following issues:

Myspace
Not Sonic needing a new video card
Ann Coulter
Abasuto getting laid off (:()
Some DoA Vs. Final Fantasy thread

This is how it is the majority of the time. Only one of these remotely concerns gaming at all. It's pretty obvious why we should have a separate forum for next gen gaming. It's like asking, "should we merge Tech Support with suggestions?" They have become two distinct forums. Best, in my opinion, to keep them that way.

aria

Former Moderator
Aaron D said:
As of right now, the first 5 (non stickied) threads in unrelated concern the following issues:

Myspace
Not Sonic needing a new video card
Ann Coulter
Abasuto getting laid off (:()
Some DoA Vs. Final Fantasy thread

This is how it is the majority of the time. Only one of these remotely concerns gaming at all. It's pretty obvious why we should have a separate forum for next gen gaming. It's like asking, "should we merge Tech Support with suggestions?" They have become two distinct forums. Best, in my opinion, to keep them that way.

I disagree a bit: The reason they became two distinct forums is because we created the new forum when there was a decision to try and move some next gen traffic away from unrelated. Before that, e.g. during the PS2/XBox launches, all the information stayed in Unrelated. Same with A/V, music, etc... even Gatherings, though the separation of Gatherings made more sense.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
GunstarHero said:
It could replace a forum less important than KoF though, like International. We could just blow the International forums up.

Lets Gekiga In said:
I think we should get rid of 24-bit more so than KOF.

Both good suggestions. Either one of these are quite nukeable.

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Both UT and NG are kinda dead, but merging them would solve that problem. Like Bobak said, we didnt have a UT in 2000/2001 and the forum seemed to weather it just fine. No one was asking for a separate forum.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Next-Gen should be in "Systems" category with "online gaming" as a subforum of Next-Gen since the majority of online gaming is on next-gen systems.

joe_higashi19

Life is an Illusion, The Magic is Down My Pants.,
NeoCverA said:
Next-Gen should be in "Systems" category with "online gaming" as a subforum of Next-Gen since the majority of online gaming is on next-gen systems.

DITTO