Why haven't any of you doll fuckers started a Game of Thrones topic?

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Taiso, all of what you said is quite obvious though, right? At least to the true fans.

It's the politics, and deception which generally isn't and is the cause of all the theory-crafting. I think the story would be a generic D&D affair without it. Quite generic and throwaway, really.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Oh, for certain. As I've said, the intrigues and politics are definitely a factor in the narrative. The mistake people make is when they start to believe that the story is only about that, or that it's more important. Those people are inevitably going to be let down when they realize that shizz is going to all come to an end and it's going to turn into dark fantasy, which is where it's been going all along.

Those people that are like 'Oh, this show isn't what it used to be', the ones that couldn't care less about what's really happening in GoT and only like the costume drama intrigues...those people are missing the point when they start complaining about it. They seem to think the show has somehow 'changed.' Those people don't understand that they've been putting all their eggs in a very small basket. And while that's okay they could show some awareness about it rather than piss and moan about things the show has been foreshadowing since day one.

It's like when people who've only watched the Berserk anime complain about the Eclipse. They just don't get it. They're not to be taken seriously as critics of GoT because they aren't evaluating it for what it is.

Last edited:

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Ha, well said.

"Plebs" is the term my wife uses when referring to those critics. I've only read book 1. She smashed through all of them during her first pregnancy. I don't think there is anything wrong with GoT elitism either. This is current day Tolkein and will survive all the criticism and n00b love crushing when the show ends and is eventually a memory.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
This is why I think that HBO would be very smart to make the follow up series (which they've stated they want to happen) an adaptation of the 'Dunk and Egg' stories Martin wrote which take place about 100 years before GoT. Those stories are all about knights, chivalry, political intrigues and a Westeros still recovering from a Targaryen civil war that almost saw the king get toppled from his throne by Damon Blackfyre Targaryen.

It doesn't have the overarching dark fantasy plot to culminate in. It's all politics and social and political turmoil. It would be the show that the GoT costume drama crowd believe GoT to be but isn't.

EDIT:

But for all you people that believe 'shitty things happening to good people' is somehow quality storytelling because 'it's realistic'...in the end the good guys win in Dunk and Egg, too. And just like GoT, there are some bittersweet consequences in every one of the three stories.

Last edited:

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
There are so many foreshadowing you cant help to try to theorize...I got a feeling Sansa will die though...

If you look at the Direwolves they all have had some kind similarities to their personality & possible fate.

Grey Wind gets arrowed while being locked up in a cage, very similar to Rob's death at the Red Wedding

Summer sacrifices himself to save Bran, which is also symbolic to winter has come, Bran will probably end up sacrificing for the realm(maybe as a tree)

Shaggydog & Rickon went to the Umbers thinking it would be salvation...Rickon thought Jon Snow was going to save him but is killed not zigzag enough

Nymeria escapes death & on her own in the wild trying to survive...Arya exactly same story

Ghost/Jon Snow - Jon Snow dies & comes back from the dead, maybe symbolic to the name Ghost.

Lady gets killed for punishment for Nymeria...Maybe she will get killed by Littlefinger because of John...

Part of the fun is theorizing & trying to be right...I've been wrong so many times & probably wrong with this one too.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
I really do like your Dire Wolf speculations, though. They're pretty cool.

See, THIS is the stuff that matters as far as I'm concerned. These themes are far more important than who's fucking who or who's blowing up churches and whatnot.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
My Dire Wolf Speculation is simple.

Don't murder me, I beg of you, don't murder me

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
I'd love to see Tyrion end up king at the end of this all. I feel like they have shown him over the years learning all the important things needed such as military, political, whorekeeping, and murder. He has what it takes to lead.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Shaggydog & Rickon went to the Umbers thinking it would be salvation...Rickon thought Jon Snow was going to save him but is killed not zigzag enough

Well I mean its name is Shaggydog. A shaggydog story is one that goes nowhere.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The execution of Ramsey Bolton was telling in that Sansa broke her father's rules in that she took pleasure in the execution of Ramsey and she didn't do the execution herself.

Speed3

Marked Wolf
Anyone else think it's not too late to introduce Belwas?

I think it is. Strong Belwas was a Meereen character now that Ser Barristan is dead in the show and Danny has left the Bay of Dragons his time has passed. Also the biggest plot point for him was the poisoned locusts and that didn't happen in the show at all.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Strong Belwas is the other son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark.

Don't question it.

It is known.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
The execution of Ramsey Bolton was telling in that Sansa broke her father's rules in that she took pleasure in the execution of Ramsey and she didn't do the execution herself.

Swords are weapons. Dogs can be used as weapons. She did it herself.

The Ned was raised and influenced by Jon Arryn more than his own father anyway. He has Arryn's values, not Stark family values. The Old Kings of the North were brutal.

I guess what I'm saying is, it's okay to be happy to kill a guy that raped and hurt you.

Last edited:

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member

It also carried a recurring theme of terrible people getting offed by those closest to them.

Tywin killed by his own son
Roose getting jigged in the ribs by his own son (in the same way roose jigged Robb)
Ramsay getting fed to his own dogs
Frey having love for nothing but screwing wenches...ends up getting screwed by a 'wench' himself
Pretty sure cerseis end will come from Jaime like many are already suggesting as well.

What goes around, comes around....

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
It also carried a recurring theme of terrible people getting offed by those closest to them.

Tywin killed by his own son
Roose getting jigged in the ribs by his own son (in the same way roose jigged Robb)
Ramsay getting fed to his own dogs
Frey having love for nothing but screwing wenches...ends up getting screwed by a 'wench' himself
Pretty sure cerseis end will come from Jaime like many are already suggesting as well.

What goes around, comes around....

Probably. I am okay if the show doesn't continue though. I am not feeling it with the SJW ethos going around.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I read A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms, that collects the three Dunk and Egg stories with illustrations. Very light fare. The second story, The Sworn Sword, is my favorite. The Red Widow character is very interesting, with the whole switch-a-roo 'she's a cruel woman who killed her husbands'/'no she's actually a sweet girl', but it may just as well be that all the rumors about her are true and that she arranged everything to happen for her benefit - and to find out in A World of Ice and Fire that she's Tywin's grandmother makes sense.

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
I read A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms, that collects the three Dunk and Egg stories with illustrations. Very light fare. The second story, The Sworn Sword, is my favorite. The Red Widow character is very interesting, with the whole switch-a-roo 'she's a cruel woman who killed her husbands'/'no she's actually a sweet girl', but it may just as well be that all the rumors about her are true and that she arranged everything to happen for her benefit - and to find out in A World of Ice and Fire that she's Tywin's grandmother makes sense.

I bought the Marvel rendition of the first 2 books, can't wait to dig in.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
So for absolutely no reason I looked up Peter Vaughn's (Maester Aemon) wiki and he died four days ago. 93 ain't bad.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
So for absolutely no reason I looked up Peter Vaughn's (Maester Aemon) wiki and he died four days ago. 93 ain't bad.

that's probably why he didn't make the trip with Samwise Gamgee to the city of books.

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
So last night's episode was an ok set up show.
Hoping it will be the last this season, since we're running low on episodes.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I arrived at the likely already arrived upon theory that

Spoiler:
The song of ice and fire is that John Snow will have his heart pierced with dragonglass in order to stop him from turning. This information will be delivered to him by Sam Tarly or Bran.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
I always just assumed ASoIaF was the inevitable tales that will be told about the fight between dragons and ice zombies.

Also there's way too much murder, rape, whoring and white people for GoT to ever be considered social justice friendly.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I always just assumed ASoIaF was the inevitable tales that will be told about the fight between dragons and ice zombies.

Also there's way too much murder, rape, whoring and white people for GoT to ever be considered social justice friendly.

But it has even whiter people as the main badder guys!

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I arrived at the likely already arrived upon theory that

Spoiler:
The song of ice and fire is that John Snow will have his heart pierced with dragonglass in order to stop him from turning. This information will be delivered to him by Sam Tarly or Bran.

Rhaegar was fire

Lyanna was ice

Jon is the song of ice and fire

I don't understand your theory