why in the world???? Jamma AES

kahel

Armored Scrum Object
So you can use it to play a conversion inside your cab of course!!

But seriously i think arcade operator would do that in the past to use the cheaper (LOL) AES cart , of course that not the case anymore ... it a relic of the past.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I guess they have a jamma set test station ...

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
So you can use it to play a conversion inside your cab of course!!

But seriously i think arcade operator would do that in the past to use the cheaper (LOL) AES cart , of course that not the case anymore ... it a relic of the past.

Back in the day home carts were much cheaper than the MVS version. Cheap ass arcade ops did a lot of goofy stuff to save a buck.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Back in the day home carts were much cheaper than the MVS version. Cheap ass arcade ops did a lot of goofy stuff to save a buck.
I liked your initial answer better...

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I don't get it, I think a Neo AES can be made jamma compatible without destroying it, simply by using its external jacks?

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
weird to see that today

coin op vendors did have to pay upwards of $1000 for mvs kits, late 90's value

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member

It's not the first I've seen but they were back in the day ones like you're referring to.

If this was done recently...

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member

QFT!

I never seen one in person either, but i was told by an OP that they also existed here in Portugal. That OP still had a Ninja Combat cart lost in the middle of the MVS stack,lol.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
We don't know if it was a dead AES anyway.

But yeah, it's ugly the way it is.
Also, it can be done without ruinning it...

Hitokiri

Crossed Swords Squire
well, it's the only way to have the actual "console experience" in the arcade
lol

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
A lot of stupid responses in here. Who in their right mind would seriously think a JAMMA AES would be a recent creation? They were made back in the 90s when MVS was expensive. Look at the dust on the equipment and the Fatal Fury 1 cart, it's really old. Other JAMMA AES units have surfaced before too, some with Ninja Combat carts included. Channelmaniac has a JAMMA AES listed in his big MVS/AES repair log, the customer wanted it reverted back to a stock AES.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
well, it's the only way to have the actual "console experience" in the arcade
lol
well, no... most likely the board in front is used to give the player a certain amount of time to play per coin.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
A lot of stupid responses in here. Who in their right mind would seriously think a JAMMA AES would be a recent creation?

I can no longer believe that someone wouldn't try anything. The world is full of idiots with too much time on their hands.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
well, no... most likely the board in front is used to give the player a certain amount of time to play per coin.

I am not sure of that, I think the front board is used to add the test button to the AES, a power supply, probably RGB output and not much more. Still beats me why they did not use the deep DB15 ports on the AES instead of destroying them.

Regards.

Last edited:

giggsy07

Edo Express Delivery Guy
A brave man posting pics of the torture he put that console through..

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
I'm surprised there aren't a lot more of these kicking around.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I'd love to buy one and convert back to a standard Neo Geo console actually.

mikey

Marked Wolf
I'd love to buy one and convert back to a standard Neo Geo console actually.

I put an offer in with the same intention. He never got back to my first one, so I just submitted a second. I don't think I want to pay his asking price considering the work required to revert it back, especially if there's damage to the case.

Mercuttio

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
If the intent was to install it in a cabinet way back when AES was cheaper, wouldn't they have to hack the BIOS to switch it over to MVS mode? Otherwise, they wouldn't get coins and such...

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
If the intent was to install it in a cabinet way back when AES was cheaper, wouldn't they have to hack the BIOS to switch it over to MVS mode? Otherwise, they wouldn't get coins and such...

xsq covered that a few responses earlier.