Why isn't anyone talking about Nanostray DS?

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Diggerman said:
In all seriousness, I do apologize a bit for my emulation post. It was off-topic and wasn't really fair since to be honest, I haven't played Nanostray (but I do own a DS) so who knows maybe I would like it. Sorry if I pissed anyone off.

Oh, don't be so hard on yourself. It hasn't been the same since Matt Semmel left, and I have to keep up the funster moderation. :emb:

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
Well, after beating Nanostray, I can say that I like it a lot. It is nice looking and plays very well. For me, it is just nice to see this type of game out for the DS.

After beating it (and while beating it) there are a lot of challenges that open up to add to the games replay factor.

They did make the game easy (which I like) by allowing you to save after each level and all of the bombs that you get. However, it was the right mix to keep me interested.

Catman

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I got it and like it as well. I have to say that I am totally amazed with the graphics on this one, blew my mind. I didn't think the DS could handle something like this (my naivete).

As far as shmups for the PSP, I've only seen Space Invaders (this one rocks too). But what about Sengoku Cannon and Star Soldier, can anyone compare those to Nanostray?

Thanks.

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
I managed to find a copy at a local Toys R Us.

I really enjoyed Nanostray. It looks great, and the gameplay is fun and challenging. It feels a little weird to change weapons with the touchscreen, but I got used to it. You can't use the thumbstrap with this one. The only way to effectively use it is to simply use your thumb to touch the weapon icons. As long as your fingers aren't dirty or greasy, it should stay nice and clean.

Although the bosses are fairly easy if you use bombs, I like how you get points for not using your bombs. It almost encourages you to avoid the cheesy way out.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
I agree, I use my thumb to change weapons as well. I do the same thing on Golden Eye to pick up the weapons.

redrum666

Mai's Apprentice
just picked up this game from gamestop today its a great game well worth the $30 price tag :buttrock:

"Macho Man" Butta Supremo

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
Diggerman said:
Too busy with SHMUPS on my PSP to bother with mediocrity on DS: i.e. Pulstar, Last Resort, Alpha Mission II on NeoCD and Lords of Thunder, Gate of Thunder, and Spriggan ( to name a few) on PCE CD. All emulated full speed and full screen. Real good stuff.

How did you get Lords of Thunder working?

Diggerman

Zero's Tailor
buttasuperb said:
How did you get Lords of Thunder working?

Same as any PC Engine CD game, copied the LOT ISO with TOC to MS, and played it in HuE. Plays really nicely, I'm still impressed with the graphics they could squeeze out of that system.