Why Xbox Live sucks

Bluevoodu

Kyokugen's Student
norton9478 said:
I think it still bullshit...

I have never paid to play shit online before... Don't see why I should start now.
I agree.

I won't pay for Xbox live... its $70 per year, isn't it?

madmanjock said:
care to expand on that? Your not paying to play on any microsoft servers just paying to play on someone else's xbox acting as server is my point.
I never really knew how it worked... if they owned their servers ro what... but they actually make the individual users be the servers?

†B†V†

Last edited:

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I decided to pay monthly in case I ever want to drop Live, but still it's not that expensive.

Bluevoodu

Kyokugen's Student
buttasuperb said:
Yea $50.

Your loss if you're that much of a jew. Not much else to say than that.
Other than the better versions of the games with free online play on the PC...

Except for a couple of the "console" based games of course.

†B†V†

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
Bluevoodu said:
Other than the better versions of the games with free online play on the PC...

Except for a couple of the "console" based games of course.

†B†V†

It lets me play SF3:TS Online.

It lets me play SSF2X or any other variation of SF2 Online.

It lets me play CvS2 online.

It lets me play GGX2#r online.

It will let me play KOF2k2 and 2k3 online.

How is this not worth $50 a year?

PS. Halo 2 is also the fo'shizzle.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
I'd like links to all this supposed 'news'. Sounds like some bullshit invented by MS haters on other forums to me. Seriously, point to just one reliable journalistic link.

Solidus Snake

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Everyone pretty much hit the nail on the head. Let see, pay 15 a month for a boring MMORPG (Sorry, can't get into them) or pay 50 a year for online competition in fighting,shooting, racing, or even a possible console MMORPG. I like the fact I can wake up one day and say , "Anyone on n-g.com want to play a few rounds in XXXX?" It's not like they can come all the way to my house and play.

PS- If you can go to the right places, you can get XBOX Live for only 30 a year.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
madmanjock said:
care to expand on that? Your not paying to play on any microsoft servers just paying to play on someone else's xbox acting as server is my point.

I don't know if you're trolling or not. You get what you pay for, and with Xbox it's a cheat-free zone. You won't see stupid shit in Counter-Strike like you would in the PC version (running through walls, and instant kills). If it's on there, that person is banned and there's a patch quickly thereafter.

Then there's downloadable content, a dedicated friends list, a feedback program, and special events such as the mystery gamer, where if you kill/beat him, you win prizes. There's a plethora of great, diverse XBL games that you can play online. I don't understand your complaint about the connection happening between two people instead of servers. You're having to connect to something either way and it's still proportional to your ping.

So let's get this straight, with Xbox live I can do the following:

1 - Chat with the voice communicator with friends across the globe as we play (or just chat instead of using a phone for long distance).

2 - Be able to play all Xbox live games with one fee (except for Phantasy Star, which I think is the only one).

3 - Create friends list from the multitude of people you meet playing various games

4 - Take part in the worldwide ranking system

5 - Keep it a cheat-free zone with the feedback system

6 - Win prizes offered during various special events held

7 - Download content for various games

8 - Download various arcade classics to your hdd and take part in their worldwide scoreboards

...So Xbox live is a "bloody joke and not really a service at all?" OMG It's a direct connection instead of going to a server! If that's your reasoning then I stand by my initial statement.

gmfuss

Kula's Candy
SonGohan said:
I don't know if you're trolling or not. You get what you pay for, and with Xbox it's a cheat-free zone. You won't see stupid shit in Counter-Strike like you would in the PC version (running through walls, and instant kills). If it's on there, that person is banned and there's a patch quickly thereafter.

Then there's downloadable content, a dedicated friends list, a feedback program, and special events such as the mystery gamer, where if you kill/beat him, you win prizes. There's a plethora of great, diverse XBL games that you can play online. I don't understand your complaint about the connection happening between two people instead of servers. You're having to connect to something either way and it's still proportional to your ping.

1 - Chat with the voice communicator with friends across the globe as we play (or just chat instead of using a phone for long distance).

2 - Be able to play all Xbox live games with one fee (except for Phantasy Star, which I think is the only one).

3 - Create friends list from the multitude of people you meet playing various games

8 - Download various arcade classics to your hdd and take part in their worldwide scoreboards

...So Xbox live is a "bloody joke and not really a service at all?" OMG It's a direct connection instead of going to a server! If that's your reasoning then I stand by my initial statement.

Thanks, Mr Gates.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
gmfuss said:
Thanks, Mr Gates.

Sorry, next time I'm met with "explanation, please" I'll just stick to "fuk u, lolz" for the sake of conformity.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
SonGohan said:
Sorry, next time I'm met with "explanation, please" I'll just stick to "fuk u, lolz" for the sake of conformity.

Indeed, I think folks are too used to the DashK wigger lingo that actual thought out comments don't make sense. You're not going to convince these ignorant pissy bitches anything. Once they win the lotto and move out from thier mobile homes to a studio apartment, then maybe they won't bitch as much.

Seems some folks don't mind paying out the nose for cable, broadband, and all the other comfort services, but $50 is just a mind fuck. Go figure.

sQuareh4t3r

formerly "sQuareh4t3r", then "MacGuffin", now "sQu
SonGohan said:

Are you a member of the Xbox Retail Team? Because I swear to God, that looks exactly like the information they have on the "Learn about Xbox Live!" training thingsol on the site. Eerie. :D

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
JHendrix said:
It lets me play SF3:TS Online.

It lets me play SSF2X or any other variation of SF2 Online.

It lets me play CvS2 online.

It lets me play GGX2#r online.

It will let me play KOF2k2 and 2k3 online.

How is this not worth $50 a year?

PS. Halo 2 is also the fo'shizzle.

I hate to admit it, fatty,

But you are as right as the opposite of left

LIVE is the best thing that has happened to console games in our modern times

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
I notice the only people who really bitch about XBox Live are ones who've never played on it. Seriously, when the Bawks came out, I was the last person who wanted to hand Bill Gates a chunk of my cash. Fact is, the service is a hell of a value, and there really is something for everyone to play, from Halo 2 and Crimson Skies to OutRun 2 to all the 2D fighting games. It's the last vestige of regular competition I can find anywhere, and only the most blind, deaf, and dumb of MS Haters would bash what is a hell of a value.

All, of course, without ever having tried it. Fucking morons.
Bashing a service without having used it is just as dumb as bashing a game you've never played.

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
Hey buttasuperb, i gotta catch a match of SFAC with ya sometime.

And, xbox live is as sweet as a cuddly puppydog covered in sugarlumps.

Play me at SF3! All of you bizznatches!

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
soulthug said:
Hey buttasuperb, i gotta catch a match of SFAC with ya sometime.

And, xbox live is as sweet as a cuddly puppydog covered in sugarlumps.

Play me at SF3! All of you bizznatches!

indeed, send me an invite.

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
Ill send a friend reqquie tommorow, coz my pc is running off a makeshift OS and we need to use the ethernet cable thus cannot Play xbl at this moment.
see you there my man.

Segata_Sanshiro

Tesse's Maintainence Man
15 Year Member
Nice post JHendrix (nice nick too), I'd add Outrun 2 to the list.

I cannot wait to get live (probably a month or two).