Wii Price & Launch Date Thread ($250 w/ Wii Sports on Nov 17 in the US)

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
Ok, so by tonight Nintendo should be having their first "worldwide" press conference in Japan, so I'm guessing the news should be all over the forums as far as the price and launch date of the System. Tommorrow they'll have the official US and EU conferences for the price and launch dates, but most of the info should be out after the Japanese conference.

So I figured why not have some fun with it while waiting. Post up your best guesses as to the Price and Launch Date.

Winner gets bragging rights.

My Guesses:
Price: $200
Launch: Mid to Late October

Last edited:

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
I am gonna go with $199.99 MSRP. Late October.

For a few reasons.

1.) The 170 rumor..that was probably the stores cost.

1.) SNES,N64 and GCN all launched at 200.

JHendrix

You really think it'll be as high as $250? I've already taken a "wait and see" approach to the Wii, but if it comes out at $250 I'm highly inclined to just get Zelda on the GC and wait on the Wii.

PUNJABEE

Banned
JHendrix said:
You really think it'll be as high as $250? I've already taken a "wait and see" approach to the Wii, but if it comes out at $250 I'm highly inclined to just get Zelda on the GC and wait on the Wii.

That's my take on it. I already have a GC with the component video port so all I need is the game. The Rev doesn't really interest me all that much at this point.

Paik4Life

Armored Scrum Object
Gameoz said:
$249.99
11-11-06

I agree completely with this one for a couple reasons:

1) $250 is a solid price for a system. I think they could have managed charging $200 but with the 360 and PS3 as expensive as they are, Nintendo can charge this much and still be the cheapest system by a good margin.

2) The 1's in 11/11 could easy be morphed into I's for easy WII ads that will help pepole remember the launch date. Remember 9/9/99?

But the biggest reasons that it won't be 11/11/06 are:

1) The simple fact that PS3 launches in Japan at the same time. Nintendo won't want to share a launch date.

2) Lauching at the same time or even prior to the PS3 will have customers wanting to wait to see if they can get a PS3 first and then get a Wii if they can't manage to with the overwhelming shortages. Thus I believe Wii will launch at least a month prior to or following the PS3 to give it ample differentiation time.

~Paik

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Its going to be $199 or less, guaranteed.

History says this because every single Nintendo console since the original NES has been launched at that price.

The only exception is the original NES had 2 different packages. One with ROB and the zapper, Duck Hunt and gyromite for $250 and one with SMB for $199.

Its going to be $200 or less people.

*Note: I am referring to US prices. I dunno about anywhere else.

Last edited:

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
broken said:

History says this because every single Nintendo console since the original NES has been launched at that price.

The only exception is the original NES had 2 different packages. One with ROB and the zapper, Duck Hunt and gyromite for $250 and one with SMB for $199.

I think that you are right, I just don't want to be surprised if it comes out at $250.

N2x

Chin's Bartender
Five hundred and ninety-nine US dollars.

Last edited:

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
broken said:

many places sold N64s for $250.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
$199
10-31-06

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
$199 with one controller.

there will be a shortage on extra controllers though, and finding the Wii pad will be hard, while the Wii-mote will be easy to get.

zer0hue

Angel's Love Slave
PUNJABEE said:
$250
1Q07

It will most likely get pushed back.
I honestly can’t tell whether you’re being sarcastic or just being a fucking idiot as usual...

PUNJABEE

Banned
dipshit said:
I honestly can’t tell whether you’re being sarcastic or just being a fucking idiot as usual...

Looks like eddie is being a fucking idiot too, no?

OrochiEddie said:
$250
Q3 2k7

Remember how delayed the n64 was?

Dipshit. I honestly can't tell whether you have a stick or a dick in your ass.

JHendrix

Honestly if Nintendo doesn't launch now they're screwed.

That said, all rumors point to them being set for launch. Chip deliveries are on schedule and they have job postings up for packing up wii boxes.

Highlander67

Sultan of Slugs
JHendrix said:
Honestly if Nintendo doesn't launch now they're screwed.

That said, all rumors point to them being set for launch. Chip deliveries are on schedule and they have job postings up for packing up wii boxes.

Take in account Nintendo has been manufacturing the Wii since late June, thier supply should be somewhere in the 1-1.5 million units ready for launch. Though that's just a guess.

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
11-07-06, MSRP $229.95

I'm gonna be like a friggin' Soothsayer :p

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
PUNJABEE said:
Looks like eddie is being a fucking idiot too, no?

Dipshit. I honestly can't tell whether you have a stick or a dick in your ass.

good job using a gay joke you dumb fuck shows you can't figure out an itelligent insult, but rather would go "OMFG GAY GAY FAG" like some 8th grader who still thinks it is funny to say balls. Do us all a favor and stop breathing.

It's a speculation you fuckwad and everyone is entitled to what they think, or is it that you just need to make sure once in a while that everyone knows you are indeed the village idiot.