Wii Price & Launch Date Thread ($250 w/ Wii Sports on Nov 17 in the US)

PUNJABEE

Banned
OrochiEddie said:
good job using a gay joke you dumb fuck shows you can't figure out an itelligent insult, but rather would go "OMFG GAY GAY FAG" like some 8th grader who still thinks it is funny to say balls. Do us all a favor and stop breathing.

It's a speculation you fuckwad and everyone is entitled to what they think, or is it that you just need to make sure once in a while that everyone knows you are indeed the village idiot.

Hey. Moron. The insult wasn't directed at you.

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
OrochiEddie said:
good job using a gay joke you dumb fuck shows you can't figure out an itelligent insult, but rather would go "OMFG GAY GAY FAG" like some 8th grader who still thinks it is funny to say balls. Do us all a favor and stop breathing.

It's a speculation you fuckwad and everyone is entitled to what they think, or is it that you just need to make sure once in a while that everyone knows you are indeed the village idiot.

He is'nt even insulting you, he was just pointing out that you both said 07 so why just pick on Punj....

BIG

sony fanboy
$199.99

mid-late Nov.

Anyone know if it will utilize reg DVD as opposed to the mini-DVD discs ala GCN this time around?

B-

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
From the Look of the games:

$199, October 1996.

td741

, NOTE: Please add 16 points to his feedback., --
BIG said:
Anyone know if it will utilize reg DVD as opposed to the mini-DVD discs ala GCN this time around?

I think they had announced a while back (when it was still "Revolution") that it was using larger discs (and after confirmed that the drive was compatible with GC sized discs as well.) But I guess we'll find out soon enough.

I would guess that they could always have software in either format, but I'd figure that using standard sized discs is probably going to be less expensive in the long run.

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
November 2006 relase date @ $199.99 MSRP

If it launched at $179.99 or lower I would be very happy, anything above $250 though and i'm going to not be very pleased unless it comes with additional controllers and a game.

Punjabee get the fuck out of this thread if you're going to start flaming people.

PUNJABEE

Banned
Lagduf said:
November 2006 relase date @ $199.99 MSRP

If it launched at $179.99 or lower I would be very happy, anything above $250 though and i'm going to not be very pleased unless it comes with additional controllers and a game.

Punjabee get the fuck out of this thread if you're going to start flaming people.

Alright, you're a fucking moron. Lets see who 'started' flaming people, eh dipshit?

Someone needs to learn how to read.

Get the dick out of your mouth before you open it, dumbshit.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Hook, line, and sinker...

PUNJABEE said:
Alright, you're a fucking moron. Lets see who 'started' flaming people, eh dipshit?

Someone needs to learn how to read.

Get the dick out of your mouth before you open it, dumbshit.

Hahaha.

I was trying to see if I could reel you in.

Just ignore the rest of the retards. It makes reading threads much easier.

PUNJABEE

Banned
Lagduf said:
Hahaha.

I was trying to see if I could reel you in.

Just ignore the rest of the retards. It makes reading threads much easier.

Yeah. Ok. Its hard to ignore you when you don't know how to read though.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
PUNJABEE said:
Yeah. Ok. Its hard to ignore you when you don't know how to read though.

:annoyed:

You really think Wii won't release until 2007?

PS: Chill the fuck out, its way to easy to get to you.

BIG

sony fanboy
td741 said:
I would guess that they could always have software in either format, but I'd figure that using standard sized discs is probably going to be less expensive in the long run.

ISOs here I come!!1

B-

Eldios

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
$199.99 with a launch date of Mid to late October (most likely late). This will absolutely be released before the PS3.

For the Japanese launch, I am going to say a price of 25,000 yen with a launch date 1 week before the US launch.

No clue on European pricing. Launch date 1 week after US launch. Probably first week of November.

One interesting fact is that right now $200 = 23,493 yen. The 25,000 yen price point fits very well as the price is very close to the $200 American price point and the slight difference in actual price is consistent with previous Nintendo pricing.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
The first week of November. That's just Nintendo's time. They always have something kinda big coming out that week. Not sure about the price... I guess $199.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member

toy_brain

Amano's Drinking Buddy
I hope my guess is way wrong....

£199 - Note the pound sign. I'm guessing UK/Europe here.
April 2007 - Nintendo Europe can be really incompetent sometimes, to the point where it seems like they really hate us, so I'm going for worst-case scenario.

Though hopefully it'll be more like £139, launch early/mid October 2006.

Eldios

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
I got to tell ya that I have never been this excited about a new system release before. I think Nintendo finally got it right with the Wii and I think they are going to gain some much needed ground in the system wars. My the tables have turned. Who would have thought at the time the DS and PSP launched that the DS would end up just humiliating PSP, and the Wii ready to put up a very good fight against the PS3. Even though the Wii will probably get a $199-250 price tage, I am going to be spending a fortune on launch day because I am getting a 2nd remote, 2 virtual console controllers, 4 games (Zelda, Metroid, Metal Slug Anthology, Trauma Center), and probably download quite a few virtual console games. Big question is where am I going to find all of this time to play these games.

Eldios

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
toy_brain said:
I hope my guess is way wrong....

£199 - Note the pound sign. I'm guessing UK/Europe here.
April 2007 - Nintendo Europe can be really incompetent sometimes, to the point where it seems like they really hate us, so I'm going for worst-case scenario.

Though hopefully it'll be more like £139, launch early/mid October 2006.

199 quid would be brutal. That is like $375. I hope Nintendo comes through for you guys this week.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
November 1st, $199 price point..

my guess.

Neo Collector

Raiden's Valet
From an inside (of me) source Nov 11th @ 250 with on game and a controller. The regular pad will be sold for 19,99.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
If it's September right now and they do decide to release it in November...:oh_no:

The 360 was hyped for half a year for its release date.