Wii Price & Launch Date Thread ($250 w/ Wii Sports on Nov 17 in the US)

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
a fair price since wii sports is included, I think I may reserve one. Though I'm still more stoked about ps3

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
What are the chances of running Linux on teh Wii?

:chimp: :chimp: :chimp:​

PUNJABEE

Banned
Magnaflux said:
What are the chances of running Linux on teh Wii?

:chimp: :chimp: :chimp:​

Considering a version of Linux was once run on a WRISTWATCH, I'd say 99% possible.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
PUNJABEE said:
Considering a version of Linux was once run on a WRISTWATCH, I'd say 99% possible.

I actually own a wristwatch that'll do that. I don't use Linux because it makes people bitter, kinda like meth makes people crazy. :kekeke:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
linux on the ps3 will be easier, it comes in the box :emb:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
oh dont worry

someone will be hacking mame the day it comes out

I'll be hacking something stupid and small , maybe mplayer running on it would rock

GeoStigma

Loyal Neo-Disciple
People are bitching about the price, yet its still cheaper then anything the competition has to offer. "Blah, Blah, Blah, the hardware isn't that impressive though, blah, blah, blah, it should be cheaper because of that", I highly doubt that we are ever going to see another console under $200. Nintendo said back in May that the system would be $250 OR less, but then every retard (myself included) with access to the web begin throwing around prices as low as $99 (which was fucking stupid to even slightly believe).

Honestly, if you think the price tag is a bit much, where have you been?

Last edited:

PUNJABEE

Banned
GeoStigma said:

**WHOOSH**

They aren't complaining about the $250 number. They are complaining that after seeing the whole package so far it's not worth $250, just like the PS3 so far is not worth the $600 price tag.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
GeoStigma said:
People are bitching about the price, yet its still cheaper then anything the competition has to offer. "Blah, Blah, Blah, the hardware isn't that impressive though, blah, blah, blah, it should be cheaper because of that", I highly doubt that we are evere going to see another console under $200. Nintendo said back in May that the system would be $250 OR less, but then every retard (myself included) with access to the web begin throwing around prices as low as $99 (which was fucking stupid to even slightly believe).

People are just surprised by the fact that you have to buy this and that accesory to play this and that games, that you have to pay between 5 and 10 USD for each ROM download, that you'll have to pay to get Opera running on the console, and that games will cost over 50 USD on this "budget" system.

I also love the fact that Nintendo always sold the Wii as a system "just for games", and all of a sudden you get the weather channel, photo browsing, internet browsing and all kinds of useless, non-game applications.

Eldios

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
I am interested to see Europes price tomorrow. I am sure they are going to get bent over as usually when it comes to game price.

GeoStigma

Loyal Neo-Disciple
The only thing I am pissed about is the $60 for a functioning controller. An is it just me, or has there been no information pertaining to the classic controller?

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
Eldios said:
I am interested to see Europes price tomorrow. I am sure they are going to get bent over as usually when it comes to game price.

wii.gif

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Rumourtron

Wii is delayed in europe till Q1 2007

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
kernow said:
Rumourtron

Wii is delayed in europe till Q1 2007

ummmmm I am getting the american version anyway so its all good........ wahooooo best machine since the nes

zer0hue

Angel's Love Slave
$250 is more than reasonable for a system launch. Of course, when I get around to picking it up it’ll probably be $99. Regardless of all that, this gif is hi-fucking-larious...

feb3cabfa61eecd172f29cf7e58b0771.gif

cafu1982

Krauser's Henchman
funny, I 've never seen a pic of the Wii laying on its side (like 360, PS3).

Maybe it will look odd because the console seems to be not perfectly rectangular.:confused:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
$250 huh?

Looks like I'll be getting my bro something else for xmas...

That really sucks cuz I really wanted to borrow his gamecube.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Gamestop reported that the 3rd party Devs will be able to set thier own prices.

So we could see many budget titles at launch.