Woman Steals Wireless, Doesn't Understand What Wi-Fi Is

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
kirk_ROFL.gif

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
If you live in CA and are surrounded by people in an Apt., you better lock that shit up. But if you're like me and you're out in the country, who gives a fuck. Nobody's gonna get in because nobody's around, and people driving by with laptops would be obvious.

I can't get my DS, Wii, or 360 to work on routers if I try to use passwords.

Also: So that's what happened to the Call for Help guy.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
:lolz: :lolz: :lolz: The women didn't know she was stealing a wi-fi connection !? Though i bet she knew what she was doing :p Though in this day and age every body thinks you can get,any thing off the internet for free.

Hikaru Ichijyo

Thundercock,
I used to work for a local DSL provider doing level 1 tech support and I got a few calls like this. :emb:

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
These are the kind of people I deal with on a daily basis. It's even more fun when they do not speak English.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
I've never heard leo so aggressive lol hes really treating her like a thief. Its so passive aggressive :)

I think she hung up when he said "because your cheap!" as she never made a noise after that.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I would have been more amusing if she really didn't know she was stealing...but she admitted she did know. I do however find it amusing that she was pissed she could no longer steal the service...

He kind of logic is like saying "Well...their front door was unlocked so I let myself in and helped myself to a sandwich."

Doesn't work that way...

Figuring I'm a paranoid android, I have my wireless set to super hard with a nasty hex based password...unless someone really knows what they are doing, there no way they're busting my shit...

starscream615

, m(o)(o)bs, they're awesome.
This is great as I get these kind of dumb questions everyday at work.

On a side note, did anyone see the story right below the video of the Police composite sketches?
slide_5001_69599_large.jpg

slide_5001_69748_large.jpg

slide_5001_69545_large.jpg

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Fuck you assholes...

Using open wireless is not stealing....
Anyone who says otherwise is a fucking tool of comcast and time warner.

Property is theft!

Gentle Ben

NAM-75 Vet
Fuck you assholes...

Property is theft!

Alright, let's see YOU pay $50 a month for Comcast hispeed, and see if YOU want to just let all your neighbors hitch a ride without contributing.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Fuck you assholes...

Property is theft!

Fuck yeah!

The extension cord and long hose I have going to my neighbors house for power and water isnt stealing either!

Property is theft!

Gentle Ben

NAM-75 Vet
holy shit hispeed internet costs $50 a month?
dang

Yeah, Comcast sucks. The only reason I'm ok with it, is my buddy lives in the apartment across from me, and I give him access to my wifi. He chips in every month.
And you know, to put it in perspective: I pay $45 a month for cell phone service. All I can do on that is talk, and text. People pay $50 and more for cable tv. I can watch all the TV I need on Hulu or Netflix. I can download music, games, videos, etc. So really, the highspeed internet for $50 is a better value in my mind than the cell phone or cable tv.
Eh.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Alright, let's see YOU pay $50 a month for Comcast hispeed, and see if YOU want to just let all your neighbors hitch a ride without contributing.

Been there, done that... Mine is still open...

Offered to run the neighbors a cable line too... But they declined.... Something about not wanting her daughter to be corrupted by TV....

I FUCKING HATE THE CABLE COMPANIES!!!!!!

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
holy shit hispeed internet costs $50 a month?
dang

$70 a month here and it's not even one of the faster ones :( That's my only "cable" bill though since I don't get TV or a landline. The fucked up thing is that Qwest DSL is even more expensive for a 10x shittier service.

The only thing my old place had going for it was the ISP costs...$100 flat for 6 months of somewhat decent DSL.

This lady knew she was stealing but just didn't have the tech info to keep it up. People like her are why I have my wireless set up to the max possible on my router (WPA2 personal). I only use wireless for the Wii anyway so I might just get one of those LAN adapters and cut the signal completely.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Tell me about it. Qwest is all we get out here and it's $45/month for 1.5M DSL.

At least it's faster than at work.