Woo hoo for Car Payments...

aria

Former Moderator
melchia said:
the woman behind me was at fault...didn't see that traffic had come to a complete stop until it was too late and slammed right into me, pushing me into the SUV in front of me. thank goodness she was only going 35 mph.

Your insurance company will be happy to know that. Have them go for blood.

Lawyer probably isn't worth it unless you have personal injuries, which may not even manifest for several months. But that's a whole 'nother issue.

melchia

Franco's Trainer
Domino-chan said:
I just hope your insurance company will be reasonable with helping you out with a new car, or at least with the rental costs. But what bugs me about this is that she was a cancer patient... in a Jaguar.
actually, her insurance is actually having to take care of damages. i've already got a third party valuation for my car's pre-accident value, so if nothing else, i've got a good place to stand while negotiating pay-off.

and yeah, she was in a jag...those damn cars are all over the place in this area. honestly, i don't want anything more than what i would consider a fair settlement. if i have to take it to court, i will, but i'm not exactly law-suit-happy.

Last edited:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Damn women drivers .... :oh_no:

kekekegay.gif

aria

Former Moderator
melchia said:
honestly, i don't want anything more than what i would consider a fair settlement. if i have to take it to court, i will, but i'm exactly law-suit-happy.

So I take it you meant "not". Good. It's really not worth it unless you have serious losses not being met.

melchia

Franco's Trainer
Bobak said:
Lawyer probably isn't worth it unless you have personal injuries, which may not even manifest for several months.
BINGO...since I deal with insurance companies pretty frequently, I helped a friend of mine deal with the exact same issue last year. the other party was at fault and the other party's insurer didn't want to give my friend the full value of her car. I wrote a few letters and had my friend get some supporting docs, and the insurer wound up paying. :smirk:

really, it's more of a HUGE hassle than anything. :(

melchia

Franco's Trainer
Bobak said:
So I take it you meant "not". Good. It's really not worth it unless you have serious losses not being met.
yes - exactly...just sucks up my time for hardly any money, should i happen to win.

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
That really sucks. :( I love not having any car payments, but I would get screwed now due to depreciation if someone else ran into me and totalled my car. :( Hope you can find a good deal on a replacement.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
norton9478 said:
They didnt' reimburse you for the rental?

In NY, that is a must.

yea, they did, but since it was body work, it took longer than expected.
i didn't mind too much paying for the rental for the time it wasn't covered.
i'm spoiled in that respect nowadays.
(i live half a mile from work and school)

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Domino-chan said:
I just hope your insurance company will be reasonable with helping you out with a new car, or at least with the rental costs. But what bugs me about this is that she was a cancer patient... in a Jaguar.
just cause she has cancer doesn't mean she doesn't have taste.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Magnaflux said:
Buy a used Volvo.

That'll help you attract a nice Jewish lawyer so you can settle down finally.

S60 yo.