WTB 1Chip Super Famicom

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Looking for a nice clean unyellowed console. I dont care about controllers or a power supply if all you have is the console.

Thanks.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
294   0   0
Looking for a nice clean unyellowed console. I dont care about controllers or a power supply if all you have is the console.

Thanks.

I know the super famicom looks great but you will get a superior rgb picture with a modded mini.

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
The 1chip and the mini still don't play Super Turrican though

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Rating - 100%
309   0   0
Serious talk: I really do own a non-1chip SNES just so that I can play Super Turrican.

Why is that? Caldwert and I were talking about that the other day. I think he said Captain Commando was another game that played wonky.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Thanks for the bumps fellas.

I want a 1 chip to see and hear any difference for myself, just to play with one after hearing about them and reading about them for years, just out of curiosity. Im not that much of a picture perfectionist that I give a shit about modding a mini for rgb anal bragging rights, even though it is a simple mod. The standard super fami rgb and a pvm are good enough for me and yeah I think the standard super fami is more attractive, especially sitting on shelving besides a bunch of other JPN systems. I want what I want and wont be swayed. Capn commando and turrican can suck it.

I just got a sd2snes in the mail last week, its the last everdrive I needed but might be the first one I should have bought I now realize after playing a bunch of shit I forgot about this week.

@Panda- I dont know if you remember but I mentioned in chat once a long while back that I was looking for a few snes or super fami controllers. You sent me a few crusty ones gratis, just wanted to say thanks again now that they have been getting lots of use.

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Rating - 100%
309   0   0
Anytime brotha! Unfortunately, Niko is going to have to die for snaking that Neo. :lolz:

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Sorry man, that was technically my roomies cab and he was looking for the quick local sale, it wasnt my decision. Or I would have made the two of you go through some wild competition for it. You know like joust on bicycles with large roman candles, an arcade hardware quiz round and maybe finish by playing edward 40oz hands all night. Knowing niko that cab is probably being cared for better than it was even over at my house, talk about ocd, lol. You can always steal it, I know his address and that thing is on wheels and fits easily through doorways.

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Rating - 100%
309   0   0
That will work, I'm picking up an Astro next weekend. Pm that addy, I'll have to get a Kevlar vest on my way up though. :keke:

Vigormortis

Armored Scrum Object
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Another game to watch out for on the 1chip is Super Ghouls & Ghosts. On my Super UFO 8 flash cart, the sprites are really glitchy. I believe the SD2SNES may suffer from this issue as well on a 1chip system. However, it plays fine on the 1chip on my Super Everdrive. I presume the original cart also runs fine. My guess is it has something to do with the cartridge's power draw. Or perhaps Super Ghouls & Ghosts and a 1 chip somehow don't play nice with the DRAM used by the Super UFO and SD2SNES.

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
249   0   1
I would have made the two of you go through some wild competition for it. You know like joust on bicycles with large roman candles,...by playing edward 40oz hands all night.

Cage match, suspended over a volcano, with Carrot Top as the referee.

Combine with Edward 40-hands, and you have reality TV gold.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Does it have to be an SFC? I have a 1-chip large model SNES with rgb bypass mod and digital audio.

CrazyDean

Zero's Secretary
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So I tried Super Turrican on my RGB modded mini via SD2SNES and I didn't notice the glitch. I played through the entire first level before I continuously feel through a hole...

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
So I tried Super Turrican on my RGB modded mini via SD2SNES and I didn't notice the glitch. I played through the entire first level before I continuously feel through a hole...

I've had the glitch happen on level 1, and I've had it take until level 3 or 4. Play through the entire game and then get back to me.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
No console here but I'll say this, a friend brought his SNES and we hooked it up to my RGB setup in place of my SNES and I could instantly tell it was the best I've ever seen a SNES look. Looked up the serial, and sure enough it was a 1chip. No A-B comparison needed, it was far and away the best.

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I've had the glitch happen on level 1, and I've had it take until level 3 or 4. Play through the entire game and then get back to me.

Yeah I have a rgb snes mini and the glitch didn't happen for me till about 20 mins or so. The music dropped off and couldn't get it to come back until I power cycled.