WTB Espgaluda PGM cart and mobo

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
Could use a reliable cart (not one of the Chinese ones) and PGM mobo. Nothing fancy.

Hit me up.

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
340   0   0
Might want to put PGM cart and mobo in the title. Good luck!

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
why, are the sheepnova considered unreliable? i once got a bad one from sheepnova (backgrounds didn't load) and he sent me a new one.

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
I never had a PGM, but was reading that the various conversion sources have varying degrees of quality. Are his with nee boards or are they actual conversions of KoV?

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
I think the sheep nova ones are still conversions but I am not sure if the Chinese mass produced any pcbs since that changed that.

While my converted carts worked while I had them I considered them ticking time bombs given the "worksmanship" on them.

BTW I've had a lot of good deals with sheep nova, just talking about the conversion carts here.

I ended up building the new ones from Fluffys design. He just released the gerber files so people can order their own empty PCBs. A lot of soldering but very reliable as the roms are proper 5V components.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Sheep nova's carts are conversions. They use resistors and caps to attenuate the power, rather than the preferable voltage regulator, but what I've learned on the AP forums is that this will work fine. The price is right for what you get.

There are aftermarket boards to make games from scratch designed by Fluffy, but I'm not sure if they're used much on Aliexpress.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the sheep nova ones are still conversions but I am not sure if the Chinese mass produced any pcbs since that changed that.

While my converted carts worked while I had them I considered them ticking time bombs given the "worksmanship" on them.

BTW I've had a lot of good deals with sheep nova, just talking about the conversion carts here.

I ended up building the new ones from Fluffys design. He just released the gerber files so people can order their own empty PCBs. A lot of soldering but very reliable as the roms are proper 5V components.
I got some empty fluffy boards lying around but I'm to overwhelmed to fill them out

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
I got some empty fluffy boards lying around but I'm to overwhelmed to fill them out
I socketed all mine, because I don't care about [fiting them inside of] cases. I use M2 or M3 PCB Standoffs to space the boards. Anyway I recommend a zen approach, just install sockets, resistor network, a step at a time. If you set it aside for a while oh well, you'll finish it eventually. I almost always look for a hi res photo of someone else's finished project before I solder something like that, helps me have some confidence as I move along.