WTB: Gameboy (color or advance or sp) with backlight modded

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
294   0   0
What do backlight modded gba's go for now in days.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
294   0   0
I have two of these faggot, a red and black one. Send me a pm. If you lowball me, I'll ignore you just like you ignored my last post.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I have two of these faggot, a red and black one. Send me a pm. If you lowball me, I'll ignore you just like you ignored my last post.

He'll take the red one, and stare at the black one while it plows his wife.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What do backlight modded gba's go for now in days.

$100 and up depending on the seller. Given the price of the parts, and the rest I broke it down when someone asked me on another board maybe a month ago and $100 is a fair price. Given you have a soldering iron with little experience and can use a dremel or other tool to carve out the inside of the original GBA the effort takes a few minutes at best for the soldering/prep and attaching the ribbon cable adapter and new panel. Most the time goes into whatever tool you have to carve the plastic.

GBA itself is like a $2-20 online/offline find, the LCD is $50~ with the adapter ribbon cable. It's possible the GBA you find is jacked up, a replacement shell with a glass screen is like $15 (or $13 for a OEM like easily scratched plastic one.) Add all that up on the high you're around $80-85 (or -15 without the new body for it.)

I've seen a lot of greedy assclown mass makers on ebay want upwards of $150-200 for them shipped which is a joke as no one needs lawyer like rates for a few minutes of modding work. Just look for a private seller and you'll pay $100 or a few over that if you're patient.