WTB: SNES Jamma Console

Sorwah

Crossed Swords Squire
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Looking to buy a modded SNES that will work in a Jamma cabinet. Hit me up if you have one you'd like to let go or can build me one.

Thanks

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   1
Muppet sold me one he made, works awesome and he did a very neat job.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Check out viletims Jamma board too. Can do any console with that, all you need is a scart cable.

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Lem made me a jamma snes too, works good and at the time he was the best price not sure what people charge now.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Been thinking about doing this.

Jamma SNES is a bit overrated. There aren't as many fun titles suited for arcade style play. Super Ghouls N Ghosts is awesome. Super Mario World is 'okay'. There's a few SNES shmups but really the Genesis is a much better Jamma console. I would even consider a NES a better choice over the SNES to Jammify.

As far as OP. Try to get a hold of Muppet when he's unbanned :keke:

Last edited:

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Tetris Attack, Super Punchout, & Mario Allstar was enough to convince me to get a jamma console. Also, Super Double Dragon, Contra 3, Kirby Dreamcourse are all my favs that translate enough of the arcade feel.

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Tetris Attack, Super Punchout, & Mario Allstar was enough to convince me to get a jamma console. Also, Super Double Dragon, Contra 3, Kirby Dreamcourse are all my favs that translate enough of the arcade feel.

I absolutely loved super Tetris 2 + Bombliss, feels natural. I never see Tetris grandmasters for sale so this fixed the itch for some Tetris action. The bombliss game is great too as it saves each puzzle you complete so you can pick it up for a few minutes at a time and keep chipping away at them. Actraiser works great, all the capcom titles pretty much and any beatemup. Games like super metroid were tougher for me control wise but very playable. And lots of konami hori shooters to choose from ( don't forget about the JPN titles).
Truthfully now that I got a broadcast monitor I been playing just on the consoles and the jamma snes less, but if you want a low cost way to have more games to play on your cab, and want some sweet RGB quality then look no further.

the7k

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
With me bringing my cabs to anime cons all the time, it would be pretty sweet to have Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon S, Gundam Wing Endless Duel or Ranma ½ Chougi Rambuhen in a Blast.

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Check out viletims Jamma board too. Can do any console with that, all you need is a scart cable.

This is the route I went too...seems like the cheapest and least complicated option to me...

I just bought one from a guy over on the ArcadeOtaku site, he was calling in the JammaCon adapter...it's got a main board, and then little sub boards you plug into it to switch between different consoles. For about $200 it should be able to jammify a NES/SNES/Genesis/Master System/Saturn without having to alter the original console at all, looks plug and play with a scart cable. Except for the NES...you need to do the RGB mod to that first...

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
This is the route I went too...seems like the cheapest and least complicated option to me...

I just bought one from a guy over on the ArcadeOtaku site, he was calling in the JammaCon adapter...it's got a main board, and then little sub boards you plug into it to switch between different consoles. For about $200 it should be able to jammify a NES/SNES/Genesis/Master System/Saturn without having to alter the original console at all, looks plug and play with a scart cable. Except for the NES...you need to do the RGB mod to that first...

Intresting, will the controls for the different consoles work with this?

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0

I don't know about the one ahcmetal is looking at but with viletims it accepts PS2 controllers. So what you need to do is just buy PS2 adapters for whatever console you want to use (cheap and readily available) and then you just program it to map the buttons. Works perfect, RGB picture and no lag. So in addition to the scart cable you do need 1x or 2x controller adapters but in the long run it is cheaper and it can do everything.

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
53   0   0

http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=31989

Here's a link to his thread...he just got mine into the mail today so I haven't tried it out yet...looks pretty slick though, the main board works with all the consoles and you just switch the sub board to match the controls to whichever console you want to hook up into your cab...

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Some people like the self-contained approach with Jamma-fying consoles, some don't. that's totally fine. The Jamma Con is a neat little board. I just don't like how you have to swap daughter boards when moving from console to console.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   1
Yeah, I prefer jamma console 'cause that way I can set different cabs with certain stuff. However is nice having the board to swap consoles as an alternative.

In my eternal quest for shenanigans of the retard kind...I have hooked up my 1slot to my HAS supergun to play Karnov's simply 'cause I can rearrange the button layout however I see fit, so in short my Neo CD pad is playing Karnov's with the B/C switcheroo, so sweet, better than my CVMS...better than making them adaptors to swap cables, it's just rad...

I also have a Recco, does the same thing on a jamma cab, so slick!