XBOX 360 Twinstick Mod

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
I have recently started my first mod job, and it has turned out quite well. Also learned how to solder things.

Looking at the virtual on control settings in the Xbox 360 version, I realized that there was a configuration to use the 4 buttons on the right side as the right twin stick.

There was still a problem though as the triggers were analog in origin, so I did a search on the net to find a fully digital pad. And Madcatz offers the Street fighter 4 pad.

So I went out and bought one, did the following work and it turned out quite well.

So here is the information for anybody that doesn’t want to shell out the 300 bucks for a pair of twin sticks. (I had 2 pairs of twin sticks lying around)

Also Notice that the PCB wiring is crisscrossed towards the twin sticks layout, as the actual PCB is right side up. I already made the mistake of wiring them up backwards, so crouch ended up being jump and jump was crouch. The weapons were also backwards.

I am eventually going to wire the Xbox middle button to where the start button used to be.

Everything works wonderfully, makes doing some of the tougher movements/attacks a breeze.

Materials needed.

Saturn Twin sticks
Madcatz street fighter 4 controller
Some small gauge wire (22 gauge I think)
Soldering Gun/Glue gun
Wire Connectors
Electrical Tape

BottomShot.jpg

PCB.jpg

TwinstickGroundOutput.jpg

Final.jpg

Last edited: