Ys: The Oath in Felghana (PSP) out this week!

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
Support XSEED and my first ever officially-published translation! :multi_co:

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
Oooh, thanks for the reminder. I'll buy that shit as soon as I get home.

And again, congrats on doing some work on your favourite series. That must have been pretty awesome. :D

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I'm close to finishing up 7, so I think I'll pick it up. Probably won't play it for awhile. I have a $15 reward zone cert, so hopefully Best Buy will get it. :smirk:

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
I got the text from Gamestop telling me it'd be in today. I prereserved the LE. Looking forward to trying it out. Grats, Deuce!

Now can I have a copy of the fully translated Samsho RPG?

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
:lolz:

I honestly don't know what I'd do if XSEED released the Samsho rpg.

I think it'd be a sign that time has folded back on itself and the past is overlapping with the present. The end times, for sure.

Deuce

:lolz:

I honestly don't know what I'd do if XSEED released the Samsho rpg.

I think it'd be a sign that time has folded back on itself and the past is overlapping with the present. The end times, for sure.

I did ask them about that! Was told no, primarily because SamShoSen was such a bomb (which isn't XSEED's fault, obviously).

HeartlessNinny

I did ask them about that! Was told no, primarily because SamShoSen was such a bomb (which isn't XSEED's fault, obviously).

Well if we can't have that, try and convince them to let you translate Retro Game Challenge 2. The first one was fucking awesome, and it sold all right for a niche title like that.

And make sure we get Half-Minute Hero 2! I'll never forgive you if we don't.

Deuce

Well if we can't have that, try and convince them to let you translate Retro Game Challenge 2. The first one was fucking awesome, and it sold all right for a niche title like that.

Actually, it sold pretty poorly. RGC2 isn't likely to see the light of day on Western shores.

HeartlessNinny

Oh. I seem to remember reading it got a late spike in sales, Valkyria Chronicles-style.

Well. Make sure we get Half-Minute Hero 2, anyway. I'm serious! I fucking loved the first one. Probably one of my favourite games of its year, bar none.

(I know you won't be personally responsible for anything, but goddammit, you gotta make this one happen man. ;))

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Support XSEED and my first ever officially-published translation! :multi_co:

Congrats!

I bet you'll get a hoot out of reading complaints with your translation. (because nerds are prone to complain). Being on the "other side" certainly gives a different perspective. If you get into any good translation fights, please share.

Anyway, congrats again. I know you're dedicated to the field and I'm sure your work reflects your effort.

HeartlessNinny

If I'm on a board somewhere and I see someone complain, I'm gonna say, "Hey, shut the fuck up. I know the guy that did the translation, and he's all right. Plus he has a big cock."

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
If I'm on a board somewhere and I see someone complain, I'm gonna say, "Hey, shut the fuck up. I know the guy that did the translation, and he's all right. Plus he has a big cock."

In the end, I think every internet argument is won by the biggest wang.

bemanicho1

Ninja Combat Warrior
Yay, glad this is finally getting a release in the US! :D I'll probably get a copy this week.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Just came home with this. Nice packaging for the LE.

And I don't mean Deuce's cock.

Deuce

You'll find it to be far more difficult, on average, than Ys Seven. Great game, though. Probably the best in the series.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
I heard this is a remake of Y's III but in a 3D over head perspective kind of way. I'm excited now! I may have to pick this up in the future.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
You'll find it to be far more difficult, on average, than Ys Seven. Great game, though. Probably the best in the series.

That's not what I want to hear.

Is it like 7 where it's like a whole 'nuther game when fighting the bosses in terms of difficulty?

Deuce

That's not what I want to hear.

Is it like 7 where it's like a whole 'nuther game when fighting the bosses in terms of difficulty?

How do you mean? I never found Seven to be particularly tough. Most regard it as the game's easiest installment, at least since 2003. Boss fights can be deadly if you don't learn to Flash Guard, though...