What Neo Geo Game/s are you playing? Weekly/daily check.

buru5

War Room Troll
good choice. i also love ssv special. probably my favourite of the entire series.

Definitely my favorite SamSho title too! So many great characters, options, and specials. I feel like it's the most polished in the series, shame it never had an official NA release.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
good choice. i also love ssv special. probably my favourite of the entire series.

Sounds serious. Who you playing with then? I'll use it as a motivation to give it another chance. I'm very prejudiced towards Playmore offerings.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Sounds serious. Who you playing with then? I'll use it as a motivation to give it another chance. I'm very prejudiced towards Playmore offerings.

for serious, oliver?. does your dislike towards playmore extend to games such as kof 02 and metal slug 5?. as for ssv special, not shore if i could convince you to give it another go. but for me the game just feels more polished/complete in comparison to ss3/4. ssv/special fixed the overly quick depleting life bar and stiff controls of ss3. and the ridiculous combolicious gameplay of ss4. and it has yoshitora. possibly my favourite character up there with genjuro.

buru5

War Room Troll
for serious, oliver?. does your dislike towards playmore extend to games such as kof 02 and metal slug 5?. as for ssv special, not shore if i could convince you to give it another go. but for me the game just feels more polished/complete in comparison to ss3/4. ssv/special fixed the overly quick depleting life bar and stiff controls of ss3. and the ridiculous combolicious gameplay of ss4. and it has yoshitora. possibly my favourite character up there with genjuro.

Not to mention characters designed by the legendary Nobuhiro Watsuki.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Not to mention characters designed by the legendary Nobuhiro Watsuki.

ok, i did not know that, lol. know i have one more reason to like the game over the rest. will do more research on nobuhiro's involvement with samurai shodown 5.

buru5

War Room Troll
ok, i did not know that, lol. know i have one more reason to like the game over the rest. will do more research on nobuhiro's involvement with samurai shodown 5.

He designed a few characters, including Yoshitora, Gaoh, and Yunfei. I only know that because I'm a huge RuroKen fan.

Mokkori

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Recently decided to play Garoudensetsu from beginning to RB2....

Garoudensetsu was painful... those controls!!!!

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide

Prejudiced doesn't mean I don't acknowledge their qualities. It's just a matter of choice, where to invest time and if you want to know a game thoroughly. If I had to choose between the first slug and the fifth, or '98 & '02, it'll be just a bogus election. But since you mention SSVS as probably your favourite of the entire series, I couldn't be possibly more serious with my inquiry.

So, thanks for your reply, though I won't hide my disappointment, for Yosh does seem a bit like a predictable, thus boring choice, doesn't it? One can only be so cool, before it drops dead... Genjuro on the other hand is top tier, his standard moves are unmatched. Or maybe I'm just too picky anyway ;).

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
Actually "mastering" is a big word, I am just trying to learn how to finish it with Amano.
SS3 is more difficult though...

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I'm talking about Real Bout Fatal Fury. I'm trying to experiment with chain combos and earn S rankings but I seem to always get my ass handed to me.

I thought you may have been referring to Real Bout World Heroes.

Good luck in your pursuits.

unofficialitguy

Hardened Shock Trooper
Currently playing line up

Big Red
Magical Drop III
MOTW
Kabuki Kalsh
Metal Slug

Candy Cab
King of Fighters 2003

PS3
King of Fighters XIII

Fightcade
Twinkle Star Sprites
Magical Drop III
SVC CHAOS
Neo Turf Masters

Yep. Got my SNK bases covered

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Having recently completing Fatal Fury, I moved onto Fatal Fury 2 but finding the increase in difficulty to much to deal with for my tastes right now.

I've instead put on Real Bout Fatal Fury and really really loving it! Loving the combos and hi-speed fights :) The game is fantastic!!! I think this will be the game I'll be playing for the next week until I finally finish it.

Last edited:

csauce

n00b
My gf and I failed miserably at Metal Slug 3 co-op last night lol. I showed her KOf98 after and now she really wants to get good at it. Vice look just like her. We also played Viewpoint which was hard as hell and we had to stop because it was too much for her to handle.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I've gone back to playing some Sengoku this week. I always enjoy the original, there's just something about it that makes it a nice waste of half an hour.

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I've gone back to playing some Sengoku this week. I always enjoy the original, there's just something about it that makes it a nice waste of half an hour.

Good shout, I might play that one tomorrow night in fact.

Shin9999

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
I just got Crossed Swords in recently thanks to Liquid Snake, so I am looking forward to playing that title for the first time this weekend.

Last edited:

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
I just got Crossed Swords in recently thanks to Liquid Snake, so I am looking forward to playing that title for the first time this weekend.

I just got Crossed Swords yesterday! I am excited to give it a try as well. Looks fun.